Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Ashran
ublug
Johnthethird
Shkar
Mr. Tart
Seignar
defacto
raecor14
steveswede
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
Djem
Saturday-Saint
GrinTwist
messremb
RANT
tinypantha
Sloth9230
25 posters

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... - Page 3 Empty Re: It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by defacto Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Wouldn't a ring that just increases melee damage(without affecting backstabs) be enough?

I would almost hate to see a ring like that because then I would feel like it's required for me to wear it on all of my characters at all times.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... - Page 3 Empty Re: It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Herb Ring - turns you into a tree

stone ring - ups your defense and health, but you can't move or attack

CPU ring - AI controls your character

Spite ring - instantly kills invaders, cause you're just trying to play the game, and apparently game mechanics aren't part of the game

Disconnect ring - Turns of your xbox when you get invaded

Nerf ring - nerfs any weapons you're bad against

Petition ring - writes a petition

Gank ring - immediately summons two phantoms, makes you unable to use the boss gate

Generous ring - gives you an extra ring slot

noob ring - makes your weapon have the appearance of the drake sword, and your armor gold-hemmed

Fat ring - makes the fat roll have infinite invincibility frames

Lag ring - nothing makes sense

love ring - mobs love you, but still try to kill you

Knight ring - All four knights have immense respect for you, no noticeable change in the game

Firstborn ring - makes your toon know who the firstborn is, he can't communicate you

Message ring - you think messages are less annoying

Fun ring - you have more fun playing dark souls

Easy mode ring - starts demon souls then dark souls, after you beat both it turns back on Dark Souls 2, it will be easier now

Dung ring - dung pies have 25% more dung
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:40 pm

defacto wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Wouldn't a ring that just increases melee damage(without affecting backstabs) be enough?

I would almost hate to see a ring like that because then I would feel like it's required for me to wear it on all of my characters at all times.

What about the Masters Ring from Demon's Souls though? that thing would only boost attacks if it connected with a weapons "sweet spot", and it weekend any attack that didn't.

Buggy: Wouldn't the generous ring need two extra slots? Y'know cause of the ring itself :roll:
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 pm

No. That would be OP.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

but...
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:That wouldn't bother me, (its still super powerful, but thats the point). Honestly, if they remove the large club X4 would probably be fine because poison would be reasonably tough to trigger, but the large club buffed with rotten resin will poison most anyone in 1 hit (even through invincibility frames) and I really don't want the large club to go away.

Why do us Poison fans have to worry when Bleed fans have the Lifehunt weapons? It's no different than that, in mein eyes silly
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    defacto wrote:

What about the Masters Ring from Demon's Souls though? that thing would only boost attacks if it connected with a weapons "sweet spot", and it weekend any attack that didn't.

Buggy: Wouldn't the generous ring need two extra slots? Y'know cause of the ring itself :roll:
    Master's Ring is basically the Leo Ring of DeS. Certain weapons get a damage boost under certain conditions.

Except Master's Ring was way ****.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 pm

I have no Idea what you were trying to say silly
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 pm

I did mention in my post about rings that I would like to have a ring that boosts counter damage of all weapons as it would make it more useful (which is what I think all rings should be). Also with other people saying that it would be OP, they treat it like these rings will have the same percentage increase. We have already seen a nerf of the hornet ring from 50% to 30% so why not leo ring 2.0 going from 40% to 25% or have different percentages for different types of weapons.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Honestly, I never used Master Ring in Demon Souls and just found it to be useless since it was more practical to just make "safe" attacks then focus on hitting on that "ciritcal" area and risk getting hit.

It should come back, btw. Master's Ring only added 15% and worked only for axes and maces, which in DKS are in need of buffs since they are underpowered before the might of katanas and Ultra weapons. Also, unlike the Leo Ring, it nerfed standard damage. Never used it, but I acknowledge it's a ring that requires skill.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:That wouldn't bother me, (its still super powerful, but thats the point). Honestly, if they remove the large club X4 would probably be fine because poison would be reasonably tough to trigger, but the large club buffed with rotten resin will poison most anyone in 1 hit (even through invincibility frames) and I really don't want the large club to go away.

Why do us Poison fans have to worry when Bleed fans have the Lifehunt weapons? It's no different than that, in mein eyes silly
    Unless you're naked, a 1 hit bleed isn't likely (where 1 hit poison is easy) and bleed cuts 30% of total life, almost always 600hp or less and bleed damage can be dodged. The lifehunt scythe builds bleed both ways to compensate for its power.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm

A Ring that adds an aiming reticle, outside of just zooming in with bows. It would help manually aim with crossbows, sorceries, miracles, some pyros, and un-zoomed bows. Lock-on would work as normal, and only bows would still be able to zoom(along with the sniper crossbow should it return)

Not sure what to call it though.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:

Unless you're naked, a 1 hit bleed isn't likely (where 1 hit poison is easy) and bleed cuts 30% of total life, almost always 600hp or less and bleed damage can be dodged. The lifehunt scythe builds bleed both ways to compensate for its power.

Ah come on, Priscilas doesn't have that drawback, and if you build for it, neither does the Lifehunt.

Also, Resistance builds Poison resistance, so we even have a stat counter silly
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Seignar wrote:It should come back, btw. Master's Ring only added 15% and worked only for axes and maces, which in DKS are in need of buffs since they are underpowered before the might of katanas and Ultra weapons.

A mace two handed is quite the stagger monster plus it has the speed of a long sword when hitting enemies. Smough has enormous poise but two hand a mace on him and you can stagger him on the third hit so I wouldn't say maces are underpowered, but still it would be a nice modifier.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Slarg: If your opponent builds for it, then you don't have the advantage either. Key word being "if".
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Slarg: If your opponent builds for it, then you don't have the advantage either. Key word being "if".

Who is going to use the Lifehunt if they don't also use either the Bloodbite Ring or the Bloodsheild? And who uses the Poisonbite ring? All I'm saying is that there are counters to it, just like everything else; it wouldn't be that overpowered.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 pm

So long as we keep it at a 3x multiplier and not 4x. Though you never explained how it would affect Toxins. I'm assuming it would, it wouldn't make much sense for toxins to be overpowered by poisons. Maybe a 2x multiplier?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Herb Ring - turns you into a tree

stone ring - ups your defense and health, but you can't move or attack

CPU ring - AI controls your character

Spite ring - instantly kills invaders, cause you're just trying to play the game, and apparently game mechanics aren't part of the game

Disconnect ring - Turns of your xbox when you get invaded

Nerf ring - nerfs any weapons you're bad against

Petition ring - writes a petition

Gank ring - immediately summons two phantoms, makes you unable to use the boss gate

Generous ring - gives you an extra ring slot

noob ring - makes your weapon have the appearance of the drake sword, and your armor gold-hemmed

Fat ring - makes the fat roll have infinite invincibility frames

Lag ring - nothing makes sense

love ring - mobs love you, but still try to kill you

Knight ring - All four knights have immense respect for you, no noticeable change in the game

Firstborn ring - makes your toon know who the firstborn is, he can't communicate you

Message ring - you think messages are less annoying

Fun ring - you have more fun playing dark souls

Easy mode ring - starts demon souls then dark souls, after you beat both it turns back on Dark Souls 2, it will be easier now

Dung ring - dung pies have 25% more dung

A great list, the petition ring being the personal favourite, glad to see some jokes slipping in to this.. slightly monopolised thread silly

But I agree, the generosity ring giving 2 extra slots would be severely OP lol!

I actually think the fat ring would be pretty cool though, a way of making fat roll better rather than the bad solution that dwgr had originally with fast roll becoming too easily accessible.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Speaking of the DWGR, there should be a different animation for each of the rolling tiers. It's description is a bit misleading.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Slarg: If your opponent builds for it, then you don't have the advantage either. Key word being "if".

Who is going to use the Lifehunt if they don't also use either the Bloodbite Ring or the Bloodsheild? And who uses the Poisonbite ring? All I'm saying is that there are counters to it, just like everything else; it wouldn't be that overpowered.
    It would when I insta poisoned you with a large club (impossible with bleed unless the opponent is naked) and now you get to eat 720 poison damage a minute.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Speaking of the DWGR, there should be a different animation for each of the rolling tiers. It's description is a bit misleading.

It's not just the dwgr with a misleading description though, item and spell descriptions are all pretty vague at best to be fair, it's more of a game wide notion in my opinion than a problem to the dwgr description.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 am

I thought the dragon weapon descriptions were pretty good.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:

It would when I insta poisoned you with a large club (impossible with bleed unless the opponent is naked) and now you get to eat 720 poison damage a minute.

That's also over a minute. And it's also sacrificing any other sort of buff. Also, it is only effective once.

If I hit you for 300 damage with a Dark Moon Blade buffed Katana three times, that's 900 damage instantly. If I hit you three times with a Poison Resin Large Club with the Viper Ring, that's 720 over a minute.

I'm not seeing why this would be overpowered.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 am

....not to butt in much to your discussion guys but damage over a minutes probably not that relevant considering most duels will never get to 30 seconds, let alone a minute.

I don't think it would be imbalanced in normal invasions either since with healing 720 health isnt much to be bothered about.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 am

Serious_Much wrote:....not to butt in much to your discussion guys but damage over a minutes probably not that relevant considering most duels will never get to 30 seconds, let alone a minute.

I don't think it would be imbalanced in normal invasions either since with healing 720 health isnt much to be bothered about.

Not at all, these are public forums, other opinions are encouraged, especially when they agree with me silly, Honestly, the Viper ring wouldn't do that much damage, but instead just increase the Psychological aspect of the Poison.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:44 pm