Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
RePaused
xenon_nobelium
notfalstaff
befowler
PlasticandRage
yajnaji
Rifter7
Ashran
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
EeAyEss
Ghadis_God
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
T-King-667
20 posters

Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment...

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment... - Page 3 Empty Re: Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment...

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm

How about Lucerne, or Gargoyle Tail Axe?
    I haven't seen that in PvP for ages and still, it wasn't more than a few times.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment... - Page 3 Empty Re: Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment...

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Scarecrow's plow or maybe partisan. I love partisan, its an amazing weapon but i've NEVER saw it in pvp.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Subscribed. Glad to see some of these weapons are getting some attention. I've always liked the Warpick. For STR/DEX toons it's really not a bad hammer choice at all.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

I already got the partisan and the Lucerne at +15 although ive never used the gooey goial t-axe right now as im typing this i just finished farming titinite chunks for my pike. I plan to goof around with that aswel. I have the plow at +14 and i messed around in pvp with it, the 2h r2 is hilarious but not exactly useful.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:41 pm

[quote="T-King-667"] I have the plow at +14 and i messed around in pvp with it, the 2h r2 is hilarious but not exactly useful.[/quote]

In a video, a youtuber actually saw some use for the plow... someone dodged a tie-making arrow in an arena match using that 2h r2 attack. Ridiculous.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Im gonna get a couple of cookies and hot milk and watch all of your videos, op.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Ashran wrote:Im gonna get a couple of cookies and hot milk and watch all of your videos, op.
    +1 i admire your courage to go through all my older crappier quality videos.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Great videos, I tried the guardian tail and hated it but you make it seem halfway decent. Also props to some of your opponents, like the marvelous chester guy -- I love folks who stay in character even if they are losing. Seems like half the time when I get some cosplay on the ropes suddenly they start spamming WoG or whip out a washing pole or something.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Its been decided. My next weapon is the gargoyle tail axe.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Good choice, it hits like like an absolute monster at 40/40. I use it often, it has the AR of the Chaos Blade and the stunlock of a Greatsword.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Good choice, it hits like like an absolute monster at 40/40. I use it often, it has the AR of the Chaos Blade and the stunlock of a Greatsword.
    You forgot the fact that it raises your poison resistance by about 30% or so and your bleed resistance by about 40%
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:40 pm

yeah, but that can be a downside of you switch to it during a battle. I tend to keep a BSS or Curved Sword in my pocket in case I need some speed to mix up my Tail Axe.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:yeah, but that can be a downside of you switch to it during a battle. I tend to keep a BSS or Curved Sword in my pocket in case I need some speed to mix up my Tail Axe.
    But think about it, it only raises it by the amount of resistance that it gives, so it wouldent put you in anymore danger technically silly But i think ill be recording and uploading tomorrow.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

T-King-667 wrote:Its been decided. My next weapon is the gargoyle tail axe.
    Hehe second weapon I voted for. I'm getting lucky.
    I can't wait to see the video, good luck mate.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:40 pm

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried a +15 lucerne; the moveset isn't the greatest but it is surprisingly fast 2-handed, does have horizontal sweeps, and combines well with the leo ring. There's also a funny little bounce step in its charge move where if you connect you often skid right behind the target and can then immediately bs them.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:00 pm

I didn't get a chance to tell you last night fowl, but you are an absolute beast, I had no idea that sunbroing could keep your PvP skills so sharp. Major respect on my part for owning with the great club.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Hey man thanks, you carved me up nicely a few times too as I recall. I think what actually helps is that I spend most of my time at sl55 anyway, so those are my regular builds and I know what they can do. Folks trying to scale down from 99 or 120 may have a harder time because your build is missing things you're used to, has less hp or stamina, etc.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 pm

You should fire up the other whips too. Not a lot of people use them, but I love them as off-hand secondaries. Really nice things to be able to pull out on people who are trying to parry you. They have really nice parry windows themselves too.

As a side note, you've definitely opened my eyes to the value of the crystal shield. It's quickly becoming one of my more used shields.

You should fire up one of the damaging shields in one of these videos. I don't think I ever see them used. I'm working on a toon right now that only makes use of weapons that cause bleed, and I've been thinking about using the Spiked Shield
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:You should fire up the other whips too. Not a lot of people use them, but I love them as off-hand secondaries. Really nice things to be able to pull out on people who are trying to parry you. They have really nice parry windows themselves too.

As a side note, you've definitely opened my eyes to the value of the crystal shield. It's quickly becoming one of my more used shields.

You should fire up one of the damaging shields in one of these videos. I don't think I ever see them used. I'm working on a toon right now that only makes use of weapons that cause bleed, and I've been thinking about using the Spiked Shield

I'll get to other whips in due time im trying to go from category to category and when i do a lap ill get on another whip. After tonight's weapon (its 79% finished uploading) im considering to use the piercing shield with a heavier weapon like an ultra gs so it can be a quick offhand attacker that does decent damage with Great scaleing (D str and B dex at +15) but the shield has low stb because its locked at 49. I may give it a go soon.
    And its good to hear that your giveing the crys shield a go now i know my videos are actually working!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Yeah man. I can only speak for myself here, but I'm really enjoying them so far. I was just looking through my BB and was actually surprised to see the AR's of those two shields fully upgraded. I'm doing as much damage with them as I would with some of the straight swords. I can't PvP parry worth a damn, so I can't see what would be wrong with giving one of them a shot with one of my toons that can't use great shields. Couldn't hurt right?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah man. I can only speak for myself here, but I'm really enjoying them so far. I was just looking through my BB and was actually surprised to see the AR's of those two shields fully upgraded. I'm doing as much damage with them as I would with some of the straight swords. I can't PvP parry worth a damn, so I can't see what would be wrong with giving one of them a shot with one of my toons that can't use great shields. Couldn't hurt right?
    I think the spiked shield can be a great complement to the flamberg both cause bleeding and the flameburg dosent attack as fast either. So once you hit your foe a few times with the flamberg and then he starts to evade or use faster tactics then start bashing his sorry ***. But in my opinion you shouldent use the strike shield for its bleed bonus but for the strike itself. The piercing shield is better in every way, higher base damage, better resistances across the board (except for lightning), And it even has slightly better stb albeit not by much.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, it's a combination of it's bleed ability and its color. I'm wearing all black armor, and the cream colored piercing shield just doesn't look right with it. If that makes me silly, then so be it.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Part 4 is up everybody! click here to see it.

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 am

T-King-667 wrote:Part 4 is up everybody! click here to see it.

Great video.
    I was a bit dissapointed at it's damage and it's R2s seems useless, but I'm suprised to find out it's also quite viable weapon.

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but does the axe stretch slightly on R1s?
    It's range seems to be slightly longer than what would I guess by the weapons length.

PS: Bowing in Forest and not getting bs'ed, what kind of sorcery is this?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm

It seems like a much longer Battle Axe. Didn't look that bad to me. That, or the GHalberd, in combination with the Blood Shield and the GHelmet, make poop throwing a viable tactic too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:32 pm