Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
RePaused
xenon_nobelium
notfalstaff
befowler
PlasticandRage
yajnaji
Rifter7
Ashran
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
EeAyEss
Ghadis_God
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
T-King-667
20 posters

Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment...

befowler
    befowler

Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment... - Page 4 Empty Re: Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment...

Post by befowler Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm

That was one of the most glorious bleed build up bars I've ever seen.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment... - Page 4 Empty Re: Please check out a new series of mine if you have a moment...

Post by T-King-667 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm

befowler wrote:That was one of the most glorious bleed build up bars I've ever seen.
    Then pick up your Gargoyle tail axe today!!! for only 19.99$ and if you order now! we will give you a blood shield absolutely free! (12$ value)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:15 pm

i have ussed the garg axe and its a better battle axe baxically, longer and better ar. i hate the dex build get a reg axe that scales well, wtf from?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 am

sooo... what next? the pitch fork? the lucerne? the regular whip?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 pm

I was thinking barbed straight sword...
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 pm

It's pretty terrible to be honest T. It does poor damage, though since its base damage is equal to the longsword it found some favor as a low level elemental weapon because of the bleed Aux. As an Enchanted/Occult, it scales lower than other weapons with the same AR. Elemental and lower level use is the best way to utilize this weapon.
    notfalstaff
    notfalstaff

Post by notfalstaff Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm putting in a vote for the Lucerne. Great videos, really enjoying them.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 pm

I liked the gargoyle axe video. Hope you do the plow next!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

T-King-667 wrote:I was thinking barbed straight sword...
    I use it Chaos on low SL toons and sometimes take it our +15 for fun.
    It's not so bad, but it's far from top tier.

Try Blacksmith hammers, Vamos' and Andre's, perhaps?
    I never see those online.

Plow sounds good as well, but I actually meet people with it.
    Fun builds are fun. happy
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm

notfalstaff wrote:I'm putting in a vote for the Lucerne. Great videos, really enjoying them.
    Thanks man, i really appreciate the support! but why dont you take part in voteing for my next weapon? so far my options seem to be lucerne or plow based on the votes. Some say the barbed sword isent viable in high level pvp... kinda makes me wanna prove them wrong..
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm

I won't say it's not viable, but it only has 50 AR more than the Drake Sword at 40/40. You can win with it of course, just expect to have to get more hits in.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Damnmit i was about to go practice with the barbed sword and the lucerne but psn is undergoing maintenance?
    notfalstaff
    notfalstaff

Post by notfalstaff Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    notfalstaff wrote:I'm putting in a vote for the Lucerne. Great videos, really enjoying them.
    Thanks man, i really appreciate the support! but why dont you take part in voteing for my next weapon? so far my options seem to be lucerne or plow based on the votes. Some say the barbed sword isent viable in high level pvp... kinda makes me wanna prove them wrong..

Is there a poll somewhere? If so, I seem to have missed it somehow.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

notfalstaff wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:

Is there a poll somewhere? If so, I seem to have missed it somehow.
    Nope theres no poll! i made this thread when i released the first episode, i never botherd installing the poll since i dident think this was going to be as popular as it is now. But just say any weapon i haven't reviewed and ill look into it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:17 pm

dragon bone fist? oh and the regular spear
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:36 pm

The regular spear is underused because it's boring. It doesn't have a single feature that stands out over the other spear options. It's the shortest, among the weakest, and has a bog-standard moveset.

I use the DBF to uppercut AFK players and watch them flop around, but I have no idea how it fares in an actual duel.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 pm

awesome series! lucerne is a really good quality build option with the leo ring. i sometimes hit 1000+ dmg with that setup. the downside is its moveset and the whiff stagger though. barbed sword is something i always wated to try on my quality char, also in combination with the leo ring.

personally i'd like to see what you'll do with priscillas dagger since it's stats are so atypical for a dagger. its become one of my favorits on my dex guy as backup for the flamberg or with the gold tracer in the offhand.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm

DBF is only good for parrying and backtabbing, i hate how fist weapons are so damn slow, they should be fast like the left hand jab, that would make them a lot more viable. spears are boring as hell but i never see the winged spear and the partizan(the only one i like besides the pike), i say either shorsword, stone gs or titanite catch pole.
    off topic, i was actually gonna make omething like this but more about which str weapons are better with certail roll speeds and it gave me some ideas, i really wanna do a commentary on it too but i kinda suck at that.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Remember guys im doing the weapons by category. So far ive coverd a "curved greatsword" a "whip" a "Hammer" and an "axe" for thos of you who want me to cover the b-smith hammers it will have to wait until i do a loop of the classes of weapons. So anything in thos category's will have to wait.. Im strongly considering the patrizan spear or however its spelt. Only spear with a horizontal swing. I used it quite a bit before and its more than viable. I may start recording tomorow.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:30 am

My votes are definitely the Lucerne, the Barbed SS, which IMO is one of the most under rated and totally viable weapons in the game, and the damaging shields.

The Barbed SS is awesome. It's small, light, fast, buffable, inflicts bleed, and can infinite stunlock someone with low poise. I love it. Wracked up the highest kill streak I've ever gotten in the forest with it one night. Killed 26 players without visiting a bonfire.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 am

oh yeah the damaging shields... the pierce shield can be used with the leo ring... and its attacks have a block window allowing safe trading, i don't know if the spiked shield can be used with the leo ring though....
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm

PSN.... is stilll..... down...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

they say it should be back up by around 9:00 here on the west coast...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:39 pm

really? ive been on the whole day and im still online, weird. im in NYC btw.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Yeah, I haven't had any issues with it either. NY here also. Bunch of us New Yorkers here huh?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:22 am