Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by densetsushun Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:28 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    i get this aaaallll the time, quite annoying since it sometimes causes him to 1-shot me from out of nowhere lol. is it a lag/connection issue?
    It could quite possibly be a connection issue, but if that's so Super Smough should also be doing those crazy things when co-opping.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hue Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:17 am

densetsushun wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:
    i get this aaaallll the time, quite annoying since it sometimes causes him to 1-shot me from out of nowhere lol. is it a lag/connection issue?
    It could quite possibly be a connection issue, but if that's so Super Smough should also be doing those crazy things when co-opping.

Nope, just Ornstein being Ornstein
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 am

I tried something yesterday and decided to share it with you all.

You can snipe the single sniper in Anor Londo without being hit by his dragon bow arrows.Climb the stairs on the far side of the room from him. Go up halfway the second set of stairs. You know, stairs, landing, more stairs. You reach a spot where you can hit the archer.

I'm ng(13) and I saw his arrow coming straight for my face. I decided to take the hit to see how much damage it would do. The arrow hit an invisible barrier, vibrated for a second or so, and disappeared.

This may help low level guys that can weild a bow. And it's pretty cool to watch.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 am

Green__Eagle wrote:I tried something yesterday and decided to share it with you all.

You can snipe the single sniper in Anor Londo without being hit by his dragon bow arrows.Climb the stairs on the far side of the room from him. Go up halfway the second set of stairs. You know, stairs, landing, more stairs. You reach a spot where you can hit the archer.

I'm ng(13) and I saw his arrow coming straight for my face. I decided to take the hit to see how much damage it would do. The arrow hit an invisible barrier, vibrated for a second or so, and disappeared.

This may help low level guys that can weild a bow. And it's pretty cool to watch.

My second time through there , there was an orange "read me" sign in that spot that said it was safe. Every other time I've gone through, my arrows don't seem to reach him. Got a sl37 that has some feather arrows, that's about to try it . It'd be nice to have that dragonslayer bow up thar on that ledge.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 am

Just after you get the WSS from Solaire, you can stand on the bridge with the red dragon at the other end and you'll likely see summon signs. Never summoned anyone there as I usually get to the bonfire under that dragon before summoning.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    Green__Eagle wrote:I tried something yesterday and decided to share it with you all.

My second time through there , there was an orange "read me" sign in that spot that said it was safe. Every other time I've gone through, my arrows don't seem to reach him. Got a sl37 that has some feather arrows, that's about to try it . It'd be nice to have that dragonslayer bow up thar on that ledge.

Another Way to deal with thoese Archers are Poison Arrows .

In NG it should kill them in one go and you can still pump them some Feather arrows while they slowly whither away happy
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 pm

You don't need 24 dex to use the Dragonslayer Spear's ranged attack. You only need 24 str.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Some weapons are effective WITHOUT locking on. Black knight sword & claymore running R1 spinning attack will knock the silver knights silly.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm

^ I almost never fight locked on with the ultra GS's. Just kinda learned to fight that way punishing BSers
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:48 pm

You can see Manus from the fog gate if you look down. Also, Leeroy is a damn tank! I summoned him and he jumped down, killed every wheel skeleton, the black knight, tanked through the exploding heads, then killed the necromancer and two archer skeletons and then climbed the ladder to fight the two other skeletons in the area above that and I'm pretty sure he might've tried to take on the titanite demon as well.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Well I had no idea you could see blight town from the steps going to the catacombs. I also had no idea that I would be able to see my souls there from where I had died. I found it last night on my way to the catacombs. I was looking at the lower portion of the city trying to figure out what it was when I saw a green spec.
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 20130211
    The pic is blurry and sideways, stupid phone, but you can see what im talking about.
    Relbaic
    Relbaic

Post by Relbaic Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:28 pm

You can get knocked through the world at the first Burrowing Rockworm going to the Large Flame Ember in the Demon Ruins which will put you on a ledge above the area where the Centipede Demon is. Dropping down 2 more times puts you in the Centipede Demon's room.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 pm

GenericUsername wrote:You can see Manus from the fog gate if you look down.
    Even more so, you can shoot him from there with a bow. It's difficult cause you'll have to do it without zooming in, cause that takes away your ability to shoot downwards. But i've managed to do it once and any damage he takes from that will still be there if you enter the fog gate.
    I wonder what happens if you kill him that way though. I was too afraid it would glitch the game to try.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:07 pm

lalliman wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:You can see Manus from the fog gate if you look down.
    Even more so, you can shoot him from there with a bow. It's difficult cause you'll have to do it without zooming in, cause that takes away your ability to shoot downwards. But i've managed to do it once and any damage he takes from that will still be there if you enter the fog gate.
    I wonder what happens if you kill him that way though. I was too afraid it would glitch the game to try.

Probably the same thing that happens when you kill siff from outside the fog gate with a bow. If I recall correctly I just got the stuff and the fog gate went away. You can also kill capra outside the fog gate with dung pies and you get the key and the fog gate goes away.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 pm

GenericUsername wrote:You can see Manus from the fog gate if you look down. Also, Leeroy is a damn tank! I summoned him and he jumped down, killed every wheel skeleton, the black knight, tanked through the exploding heads, then killed the necromancer and two archer skeletons and then climbed the ladder to fight the two other skeletons in the area above that and I'm pretty sure he might've tried to take on the titanite demon as well.

yep, he's the tarkus of the catacombs! i found his summon sign by accident, got invaded and kicked off a ledge then found it lol.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm

The other day, when I went to Solaire gawping at the sun near the dragon bridge (where he gives you the White Soapstone), I looked off where he was staring and I could see the Wyvern nesting in the mountains.

This happened after I'd killed the Gargoyles and had been to the altar, causing the Wyvern to fly away. It was very odd.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 am

psychichobo wrote:The other day, when I went to Solaire gawping at the sun near the dragon bridge (where he gives you the White Soapstone), I looked off where he was staring and I could see the Wyvern nesting in the mountains.

This happened after I'd killed the Gargoyles and had been to the altar, causing the Wyvern to fly away. It was very odd.
    :affraid:
    You can actually see where it goes?
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 am

that if u wear the artorias cov ring n jump in the well of the firelink u skio the 4kings

myth...
    LK-8912
    LK-8912

Post by LK-8912 Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 am

Vamos using two coffins as forges.
    Dead body in darkmoontomb (with Firstborn Ring) sits in exact pose as Solair (near Londo bonfire).
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:07 am

Demon Slayer wrote:that if u wear the artorias cov ring n jump in the well of the firelink u skio the 4kings

myth...

That was in the parkour video right?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm

If you combine thorn leggings and the ring of fog/hidden body, your legs disappear almost completely. In fact, if you then throw on a long garment like Carim's robe, you can see the outline of your invisible spikey legs against the fabric.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 pm

@Bager

It's also kind of funny when you consider that you pick up the Eagle Shield, Patches's shield, on one of the buttresses in Blighttown, and that Patches stands right near a ledge that falls there from Firelink.

(Sadly the shield is actually way too far for it to have gotten there by Patches falling, but one can fantasize!)

Today I found out that if you use a homeward bone after killing Gwyn, you get homewarded to the bonfire in the middle of his boss room. Don't know why I never tried that before!

I also found out that the Gargoyle that comes at you after you rotate the bridge in Anor Londo doesn't spit fire from his mouth, but lightning instead. Exactly like the Drakes. I don't think I'd seen that before, and it struck me as odd that he wouldn't shoot fire like his brethren.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:55 pm

I only recently discovered, last night actually, the way of white symbols on the bottom of the pillars in the catacombs.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

After running through that area the nth time I realised why From placed the Alluring Skulls where they did. They were probably suggesting its use in luring the boar towards the fire below that platform/bridge.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@Bager

It's also kind of funny when you consider that you pick up the Eagle Shield, Patches's shield, on one of the buttresses in Blighttown, and that Patches stands right near a ledge that falls there from Firelink.

(Sadly the shield is actually way too far for it to have gotten there by Patches falling, but one can fantasize!)

Why would you wish harm on trusty patches? He followed you from demon souls to dark souls to provide you products at a reasonable price.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 am