Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 28 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hue Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ I was looking at the "sniper" crossbow, and it has what looks like a lense on it. If it has a lense, then we should be able to get percision aim, right?

"sniper" crossbow:
    That looks terribly heavy to be held steady with one hand when firing....
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 28 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ I was looking at the "sniper" crossbow, and it has what looks like a lense on it.
    Wow, I just discovered how the sniper crossbow looks! I have never equipped that weapon before.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 pm

I've been mistaking people with it for the Avelyn, since I've never looked at either properly, being a bow user. Amazing how different some weapons look.

Also saw Composite Bow properly recently. Man it's TINY. I also didn't realise how different the firing speeds were on the bows and crossbows - and that you could two hand a crossbow!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Two-handing a crossbow looks great but seems to actually make it fire more slowly (or at least reload more slowly).

Has anyone tried the sniper crossbow two-handed? Maybe that's how you have to aim with it, like a bow.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:06 pm

befowler wrote:Two-handing a crossbow looks great but seems to actually make it fire more slowly (or at least reload more slowly).

Has anyone tried the sniper crossbow two-handed? Maybe that's how you have to aim with it, like a bow.

I've two-handed only to be disappointed. There is no difference from one-handing it.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm

The partisan will cut off tails ( gaping dragon for one)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 pm

That if you wear the mask of the child and have your covenant allegiance deepened when in the kneeling position, your character will lift their head highly up. While doing this there is an opening in the middle of the mask you can see through, and underneath is just whatever armor you are wearing and your head is completely gone. Without a chest piece you just have a sort of nub like neck underneath that is barely visible.

Mask of the Father works too, but not Mother.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

So Wolfof Phyrexia of this forum and I did some testing, and I can finally confirm that the titanite Catch Pole's R2 is unparryable. This probably explains why there is no forward + R2 attack for it.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

If you double ko a boss, and you finish fading away to the loading screen while the souls are being added, yuo won't get all of them. I did it with the gargoyls and moonlight butterfly yesterday and only got half since the souls don't get added all at once.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 am

fujiphoenix wrote:If you double ko a boss, and you finish fading away to the loading screen while the souls are being added, yuo won't get all of them. I did it with the gargoyls and moonlight butterfly yesterday and only got half since the souls don't get added all at once.
    That's so weird! Because if you die when you get Boss Souls, there's a failsafe to make sure they'll be in the stain, but if you die at the same time you kill a normal enemy or mini boss, it won't be in the stain.

I found that out when my sister started playing Dark Souls. She ended up dying a lot the same time she killed enemies and bosses.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 am

The player character is bald when wearing the xanthous crown. If you clip through the crown and look inside you can see the bald head of your char.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 am

Uparkaam wrote:The player character is bald when wearing the xanthous crown. If you clip through the crown and look inside you can see the bald head of your char.
    This happens in more cases than Xanthous Crown, but there are cases when you can see part of your character's hair showing through gear.

Strange indeed...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 pm

you can actually use the lense on the sniper crossbow to predict where the bolt will go when free aiming... i still find binoculars the best way to aim crossbows though...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 pm

that R3 centers the camera
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:35 pm

GenericUsername wrote:I swear every time I fight the four kings, some new ******** pops up.

This time I fired off 4 great fireballs and while every one of them hit, they just bounced back off the king and did no damage.

So what? apparently they can deflect attacks too?

God I need to take a break

Edit: inb4 " oh you missed " No, I threw the fireball and it veered off in a completely different direction.
    IT SAYS I'M OP!
    WHY YOU FIRST POST?!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Rynn wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:I swear every time I fight the four kings, some new ******** pops up.

This time I fired off 4 great fireballs and while every one of them hit, they just bounced back off the king and did no damage.

So what? apparently they can deflect attacks too?

God I need to take a break

Edit: inb4 " oh you missed " No, I threw the fireball and it veered off in a completely different direction.
    IT SAYS I'M OP!
    WHY YOU FIRST POST?!

lol.

The thread must've rolled over.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm

^ It did. The first part is now locked in the Archieves. Also, welcome back Rynn. Long time no see.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm

The Letter X wrote:So Wolfof Phyrexia of this forum and I did some testing, and I can finally confirm that the titanite Catch Pole's R2 is unparryable. This probably explains why there is no forward + R2 attack for it.
    That attack is kind of unique, it's the only jumping attack I know of that won't wake up the dragon legs in the painted world.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ It did. The first part is now locked in the Archieves. Also, welcome back Rynn. Long time no see.
    Link? cheers

Also, good to be back. I'm about to make a streaming thread while I re-create my first ever build, now with all the fine-tuning I know how to do.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 pm

ublug wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:So Wolfof Phyrexia of this forum and I did some testing, and I can finally confirm that the titanite Catch Pole's R2 is unparryable. This probably explains why there is no forward + R2 attack for it.
    That attack is kind of unique, it's the only jumping attack I know of that won't wake up the dragon legs in the painted world.

I don't recall whips working. I might be wrong though.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 pm

I know why. I'm rather certain on this one.
    The dragon legs set to proc on a particular 'tag' that is set on certain weapon attacks. That is their jumping attack. The tag causes the weapon to ignore it's implicit properties (all jumping attacks do Physical damage, but not stab, blunt, or thrust: just normal, or magic, fire, lightning. All jumping attacks also ignore parry properties). This tag isn't set on Whips because they already do normal damage and can't be parried, and it's not set on the jumping attack of the Catch Pole for that reason as well. This results in Whips, TCP, and Manus Catalyst not being capable of making that ******* stand up silly

There is probably more: I didn't test it entirely.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ It did. The first part is now locked in the Archieves..

I just made an idiot of myself again. I meant to type Tomb. Also, it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Anyway, I found the thread. Discoveries you only made recently.
    Dr_Disco

Post by Dr_Disco Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 pm

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but the best way to dodge the dark magic "pursuers" is by rolling towards it. If you do it right, you go underneath it.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 pm

i've had a few time where i was invading and i randomly die. i sent the host a message about it and they said something like "i used pursuers lol". the thing is, i didn't see any magic whatsoever...and i was staring him in the face while using MY pursuers lol.

is it a glitch or did it lag so hard that i didn't see it...or was it just some derpiness on my part?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:i've had a few time where i was invading and i randomly die. i sent the host a message about it and they said something like "i used pursuers lol". the thing is, i didn't see any magic whatsoever...and i was staring him in the face while using MY pursuers lol.

is it a glitch or did it lag so hard that i didn't see it...or was it just some derpiness on my part?

I believe if you cast pursuers before you someone invades or something like that, then they don't show up to the invader.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:13 pm