Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
mugenis4real
Tolvo
Sentiel
BIG TIME MASTER
Gambs_the_Grey
vatar5
lextune
Slarg232
EeAyEss
Serious_Much
psychichobo
Reaperfan
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
Juutas
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Onion Knight
The Letter X
Peaceful Wollyhop
Automancer
Animaaal
Ashran
Mr. Tart
JoeBroski09
Hue
Henkyona
Samurainova
31 posters

Dark Souls Swag

Poll

Do you think swag is important in dark souls? And do you have swag?

[ 12 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_lcap32%Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [32%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_lcap42%Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [42%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [15%] 

Total Votes: 38
    Poll closed
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark Souls Swag

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:53 am

Samurainova wrote:...You know animaal is a girl right? lol...

silly tongue :x AM NOT! :x tongue silly

reim0027 wrote:Let's try to get this back on topic. In case it was forgotten in all the jumble, here it is . . . https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t18248-dark-souls-swag#355165

Bow

I was wondering when Daddy Reim would come and flex his swag lol. Evil Fex

I was actually trying not to take it seriously out of respect. A serious discussion, imo, would only lead to the intellects indirectly making fun of the trenders as to avoid actual flaming.

The use of the word "swag" in order to describe insinuated characteristics about someone, or even something is almost always unecessary in my opinion.

All one needs to do, is to ask the original question at the beginning of this thread without using the word "swag".

Example: Do you think it is important for FROM to develop Dark Souls 2 with the same creativity and originality of the past 2 souls games, or do you think they should follow the same cookie-cutter type of rpg mentality in order to push itself closer to disentrancement?

It almost seems rhetorical doesn't it?

(I understand thats not exactly the original question)
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 am

Heh, it would seem so animaal. But, I can't help but wonder.......happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

Thats because you constatnly seek knowledge to either reinforce your beliefs, or to prove them untrue so you can grow intellectually in a progressive fashion. Its a very rare trait for someone your age, and in your case, I'd say youth is not wasted on the young. Which I hardly ever say.

Maybe the conversation should be about whether or not common elements found in other rpgs should be implemented in Dark Souls 2. Such as numerous save points, massive cutscenes, or things of that nature.

My answer no matter how the question is posed would be:

Keep it the same but make it better.
    FROM has so much booty its hard to critique and differentiate, without being extremely specific.

my 2 sense
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 am

My ish is swagged out. I have all my gear +5 so you know I'm doing it real big in Lordran. All my gear is DLC so broke mutha******* can't even get on my level. #killingnoobs #toofresh #darkbeadoneshot #gwyneverecangetit #mlg

Well What is it Well What is it Well What is it Well What is it Well What is it Well What is it Well What is it Well What is it
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:37 am

I'd like to thank Tolvo for defending me.
    Thank you. Bow

Samurainova, while you might consider yourself a bigger man by moving away from an argument, it does not mean that the argument is done, especially when you do not let the other side defend itself. Even more, when the whole argument is just a misunderstanding. I simply quoted a definition of swag, that I found on the internet. I am not the definition's author, so don't blame for the vulgar content. The forum censored it anyway. I expected to be shown how swag can be associated with Dark Souls, that's all.

The truth is that I visit sites with memes (Memecenter, 9gag etc) a lot, so I am familiar with words like swag, yolo and hashtag, however I don't understand what they mean to people.

Perhaps this is because, while I have my lady, I am lone wolf by nature. I do not socialize, not in real life, nor on the internet. Out of all social websites and networks, I visit only Facebook. I go there once, or twice in a week, mostly to check on my MGO clanmates and to see news about game sthat I like. It's a bit faster than visiting each of the game's repsective sites. But that's all that Facebook is for me, all the social sites as well.

When I google meaning of swag, yolo and hashtag, the stuff I find is the same as I already posted. Considering what you guys write in this thread, the rather vulgar description on urbandictionary seems rather aproperiate.

Swag should mean "Secretely We Are *inster slang word for homosexuals*" by google results. However I don't see how being homosexual can be connected with the overly silly things that revolve around the word on the internet. How it can be connected to Dark Souls still eludes, even after reading the first the first post again, as was suggested.

Yolo should mean "You Only Live Once". This reminds me of one of the old James Bond movies and only allegience with real life that comes to mind should be about protecting yourself and living carefuly, so you don't die. People seem to take it the other way around and use it as an excuse to do dangerous and stupid things. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hastags still elude me. # means number to me.

It's not that I don't know what those words mean, it's that I don't understand how people can translate their meaning into the things that revolve around them.

That's putting Dark Souls completely aside, connecting those things with Dark Souls is...well...I have no idea how to do it.

Unlike BioWare games, there's no homosexuality in DkS (at least I haven't noticed any). Living once is the exact opposite of Dark Souls, where you just can't permanently die, however taking the meaning into being more careful does make sense.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 am

your all soo cute when your angry....
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 am

billy_bayonet wrote:your all soo cute when your angry....
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 5 Happy-oh-stop-it-you
    I want my downrep without ice, thank you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 am

I think this thread has run it's course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:20 am