Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
mugenis4real
Tolvo
Sentiel
BIG TIME MASTER
Gambs_the_Grey
vatar5
lextune
Slarg232
EeAyEss
Serious_Much
psychichobo
Reaperfan
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
Juutas
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Onion Knight
The Letter X
Peaceful Wollyhop
Automancer
Animaaal
Ashran
Mr. Tart
JoeBroski09
Hue
Henkyona
Samurainova
31 posters

Dark Souls Swag

Poll

Do you think swag is important in dark souls? And do you have swag?

[ 12 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_lcap32%Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [32%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_lcap42%Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [42%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [15%] 

Total Votes: 38
    Poll closed
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Swag

Post by Samurainova Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 am

I think you may have forgotten to read my post soris lol i implore you to scroll up it should clarify things happy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 am

In order for you to play and win in Dark Souls it is required for you to have no swag.

Anyone that does have swag will spawn in the Abyss where an endless army of the Four Kings will relentlessly spawn kill you.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 am

I thought Swag was originally an acronym for the phrase "Stuff We All Get," referring to token items given out to attendees of conventions or events similarly to party favors at birthday parties for kids. So your "swag" was something you and your buddies got that proved you were at some awesome event. Maybe I'm wrong though :|

Anyway, I prefer not to use the term, but I suppose I rely on my Dark Souls "swag." If I make a build, it's very rarely made with the intent of being effective or useful, and instead almost always uses some gimmick or trick as a way to stand out. I find without something odd in the build, you don't really remember it or the player. But even if I go down constantly, I'd like to think my opponents remember beating "that guy who only used bows" or "that guy who used a buffed Guardian Tail."
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:19 am

I really hope the trends of using YOLO and SWAG will die out soon. For the love of god, please make them end soon. Please.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 am

Mr. Tart wrote:I really hope the trends of using YOLO and SWAG will die out soon. For the love of god, please make them end soon. Please.

I do too man...it makes me,

jj :roll: it makes me Look Skyward
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 am

There will always be something half of society loves, and the other hates. Word up to your mother, yo.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Reaperfan wrote:I thought Swag was originally an acronym for the phrase "Stuff We All Get," referring to token items given out to attendees of conventions or events similarly to party favors at birthday parties for kids. So your "swag" was something you and your buddies got that proved you were at some awesome event. Maybe I'm wrong though :|

Anyway, I prefer not to use the term, but I suppose I rely on my Dark Souls "swag." If I make a build, it's very rarely made with the intent of being effective or useful, and instead almost always uses some gimmick or trick as a way to stand out. I find without something odd in the build, you don't really remember it or the player. But even if I go down constantly, I'd like to think my opponents remember beating "that guy who only used bows" or "that guy who used a buffed Guardian Tail."

Aaaah, finally someone with a reasonable answer happy plus one sir.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Unfortunately, Patches took my swag. Bastard.

Fortunately, YOLO does not apply in Dark Souls... :sign: Kehehehe!
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Forgot to INB4 hate. Now its too late.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Swag... isn't that just a term for someone who has no talent, class or intelligence and wants something to label themselves as?

"I'm a massive *** hole and I got no job, but I got swag"

...yeah, the concept of swag is dumb. Almost as dumb as yolo.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

How come topics like these last longer than my attempts at serious discussions? sad
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Ii do not mean to be rude, but I am rather dissapointed in the dark souls community in their reaction to this thread. I will more than likely be down repped but that is fine, if you read my. Introduce me in my sig, you know I don't mind it to say what's on my mind.

I expected you guys to react much more like reaperfan, as much as I know how annoying and misused the word swag is, I thought you guys would read the actual post, and make mature comments on how swag actually does effect dark souls. Everyone cares about etiquette, style and how hey represent themselves. Some people dedicate themselves to killing gankers, some only carre about good duels. Everyone is different, and this all feeds into your overall swag.

Do you make absurd builds for the fun of it? Swag.

Do you care about how cool your char looks? Swag

Do you strive to be a better player and resist temptation of backstabs? Swag

This all feeds into your swag, and reflects how other players percieve you, and whether the term annoys your or not swag is an important part of souls...not opinion, FACT. And even if you don't care how others see you, that still reflects your swag. So please look past your affiliation with the word and strive to be the intelligient people I know you all are. Thank You happy

P.S. Yolo has absolutely NOTHING to do with dark souls....and I'm sorry that you feel that way Mr. Tart, but this really is a serious discussion.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:27 pm

To anyone with "swag":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swagman
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Alright. I respect your view point, samurainova.

Spoiler:
    To answer your question, I don't think "swag" is important to dark souls. Nor do I have "swag" in real life. Frankly, dear world, I don't give a damn.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 pm

The way i look on "swag", is the way i look on "emo".

What does everyone here think of when i write "emo"?

Perhaps a boy or girl dressed in black with a razorblade?

Emo was originally nothing more than a musical genre with, just like punk, people that dressed a certain way. As far as i know, no one dressed as a modern day "emo" would. However, it was misunderstood, and escalated quite quickly. What "emo" once meant, is not the same as it means today, so to me, it really doesn't matter what the hell you mean by "swag". Use the word, and i'll associate it with the same bullsh*t that circles around the web right now. I don't mean to offend anyone, but that's the way i look at it.

And i most certainly wouldn't associate it with Dark Souls, so shame on you Samurainova, shame on you! :x
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Alright, come now, tart, let's not be judge-mental. I hate the term as much as you do, but let's not start throwing down the gauntlets. We wouldn't like the Mods to lock up the thread, would we?

You know, now that I think about it...

silly
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 pm

There is only one response to Swag:Dark Souls Swag - Page 2 Ds01fire_1317398826
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

nova, I simply used yolo as a reference because it's become synonymous with swag now. Also the definition of swag has apparently changed (a few years ago i used it as a term for 'that sucks' or 'aww man' kinda response)

I dunno how you're trying to use the term (I mean for the love of god everyone knows slang changes from city to city, let alone between provinces and countries), but now it's commonly a word used in a different way. Swag is to me almost an unjust opinion of one's self.. sort of like arrogance, but obviously applied more commonly to people seeing themselves as 'cool'... (I hate it when i have to use the term cool like that, makes me feel like a social retard)

Anyway, it's meaning these days is most likely irrelevant to anyone in the gaming community, hell the internet as a whole, let alone dark souls.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Alright, come now, tart, let's not be judge-mental. I hate the term as much as you do, but let's not start throwing down the gauntlets. We wouldn't like the Mods to lock up the thread, would we?

You know, now that I think about it...

silly

I was trying to be funny to be honest. Didn't think i was taking it too far... Was i? :suspect:

Edit: I see what you did there. Look Skyward
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

It seemed quite close, but saying "Shame on you" was both funny but a bit disconcerting. I guess if you really meant to be insulting you would've opened up a whole new section of the internet, full of obscenity and vulgarity, like streaking through a nunnery.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Yes. I have Dark Souls Swag.

I care far more about bowing before every fight, avoiding back stabs, looking great, and fighting with style than I do about building just another try-hard build.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 pm

EeAyEss wrote:It seemed quite close, but saying "Shame on you" was both funny but a bit disconcerting. I guess if you really meant to be insulting you would've opened up a whole new section of the internet, full of obscenity and vulgarity, like streaking through a nunnery.

Whenever i'm close to insult someone i always pull out of the discussion. So if ever i seem to be insulting someone, i can assure you, it's not intentional, as i always avoid doing that.

That's why i've avoided some topics, or taken long before actually responding, because i try to make sure a post i make won't be offensive. I should try not doing it sometime though, because, you know, YOLO.(<- just had to)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

@Nova

So sorry man. I'm actually kinda thinking, "Well damn" now... :shock:

In hindsight, I guess I should have used this gesture on my first post: silly

Sorry dude, I thought you might have been baiting us or something.

But in regards to the literal definition of the word, I don't know who is using it right lol. Obviously you speaking contemporarily, but that's only if you mean personal style, talent, tendancies, like you said. I prefer to use the terms I just stated though. Swag is kinda silly imo. I do not think you are/would be silly for using it...unless you said it all the time.....then I would raze you endlessly lol. Sorry if that offends you. Bow

Mr. Tart wrote:To anyone with "swag":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swagman

He|| YA TART!!! Joy

I just now realized I can substitute the word "tussocker" for swag, as well as "swaggie"...
    ...and wait for it....."BOOTY"...thats right...."BOOTY" cheers

*I'm intentionally substituting the term "thieves" as it is synonumouslike to " :pirat: pirates :pirat: "

I have so much booty for figuring out the word booty. I have increased my bootyness by at least 7.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Mr. Tart wrote: I should try not doing it sometime though, because, you know, YOLO.(<- just had to)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 pm

I find it funny how people use the word 'yolo' generally for doing something retarded like doing drugs, or not going to lectures etc, when 'yolo' should be you know what, i'm gonna do something good for once, or im gonna work my *** off to do something good when I'm older.

Then again I saw some facebook meme with a picture of drinking and army saying 'this is not yolo, this is yolo'. I thought it was ironic considering how the army is the one being considered yolo when it's putting your life at risk and requires virtually no education to undertake

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:49 am