Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 am

The Letter X wrote:Wrath of the Gods can deflect Black Flame and the Moonlight Greatsword's laser beams.

I knew it could deflect many things, but not those two.

That reminds me: I recently found out (first hand :evil: ) that the dragon roar can deflect normal weapon swings. So it turns out the dragon roar is good for something... because it's not like it does anything else. :roll:

morte wrote:I was not a particular fan of it, but then, I'm more of a curved-sword kind of guy. What were it's max scalings again?

At +5 the base damage is 262 and the scaling is E/C.

I've heard people say it's actually a good weapon by itself, but I think most people will tell you it's a buff weapon. It swings really fast and has good reach. And unlike the katana it has a horizontal swing. For me, as an un-buffed weapon by itself it's decent at a few things, but not really good at anything. The deal breaker is the weight. It weighs as much as a claymore, but breaks less poise and does a lot less damage -- it's max AR (at 99 str & 99 dex) is either 419 or 420, depending on whether you believe the wiki or mugenmonkey.
    Ezlare
    Ezlare
    Casual
    Casual

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Ezlare Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am

Lillia is a bucket that the Burg merchant talks to.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 am

^Little Yulia.

hehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Wrath of the Gods can deflect Black Flame and the Moonlight Greatsword's laser beams.

I knew it could deflect many things, but not those two.

That reminds me: I recently found out (first hand :evil: ) that the dragon roar can deflect normal weapon swings. So it turns out the dragon roar is good for something... because it's not like it does anything else. :roll:

Uhm... you know it gives a damage boost for a couple seconds right?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 am

Not only that, but if you're caught in it depletes a bunch of stamina (usually all, unless you're on the edge of it's range) and instead of knocking you back it kinda sucks you in. I was being very sarcastic, that's what the :roll: was about. Like, "oh, yeah, no... 'cuz the dragon roar is totally worthless and not at all OP without the ability to deflect attacks -- it's too bad it doesn't build up toxin or curse too!" :roll: silly
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:I was being very sarcastic, that's what the :roll: was about.

sarcasm:
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

Killing 4 Kings is not hard once you do it Oroboro style! Praise the Sun
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Also not sure about this, but does standing on the steps to the forest long enough force down the fog wall? I've gotten used to climbing the stairs and dropping off to the side with the little pile of rocks and if I wait long enough the fog wall closes and I'm free to restock and whatnot.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Ezlare wrote:Lillia is a bucket that the Burg merchant talks to.

Yulia is not the bucket. I thought it was the bucket too, but turns out it is the merchant's Uchigatana. At least EpicNameBro says so.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:58 am

Automancer wrote:^Little Yulia.

hehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Huehuehuehuehuehue
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 am

Yulia seems to be a imaginary pet INSIDE the bucket, as you can see him petting the bucket. Maybe it's a dog or something, we'll never know.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 am

Going in the great hollow tree with a new starting character and getting curse...is a bit of a pain. It's been a long time since I was cursed and usually I buy the stone when I can in those worst case scenarios...but now. Oh well, time to climb back up to reach fresh air. I'll make a quest about it for my mistake. I'll reach Ingward since I can hit ghost now. I can only absolve my curse by reaching him. Praise the sun!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am

Tchuwib wrote: Going in the great hollow tree with a new starting character and getting curse...is a bit of a pain. It's been a long time since I was cursed and usually I buy the stone when I can in those worst case scenarios...but now. Oh well, time to climb back up to reach fresh air. I'll make a quest about it for my mistake. I'll reach Ingward since I can hit ghost now. I can only absolve my curse by reaching him. Praise the sun!
    Make sure you farm for a Jagged Ghost Blade. It's what I do on every new playthrough. 155 base damage curved sword that can hurt ghosts, has long reach, and has bleed.
    Stat Requirements for it: 7 strength.
    2-hand that female dog.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 am

Tchuwib wrote:. I'll make a quest about it for my mistake. I'll reach Ingward since I can hit ghost now. I can only absolve my curse by reaching him. Praise the sun!

I used to always go to New Londo with a real curse because it was permanent. Now I always go with a transient curse.

I recently learned there were three sealers, red robed people, but they split. One stayed in New Londo, one died in Blightown, and one joined Lautrec's gank squad.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 am

You guys do know that there are clams in ash lake right?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 am

WandererReece wrote:
    Tchuwib wrote:. I'll make a quest about it for my mistake. I'll reach Ingward since I can hit ghost now. I can only absolve my curse by reaching him. Praise the sun!

I used to always go to New Londo with a real curse because it was permanent. Now I always go with a transient curse.

I recently learned there were three sealers, red robed people, but they split. One stayed in New Londo, one died in Blightown, and one joined Lautrec's gank squad.
    I'm pretty sure the third sealer did not die in Blighttown, but yet, in her frenzy to cure the area, went insane. Just a thought.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Yeah, she took off her robes, pulled a rag over her head and left her tin banishment catalyst behind as she went down in to the swamps and insanity. There she found a cleaver and furthermore nourished on humans...
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Zyrrashijn wrote:Yeah, she took off her robes, pulled a rag over her head and left her tin banishment catalyst behind as she went down in to the swamps and insanity. There she found a cleaver and furthermore nourished on humans...

Wow. That was actually a pretty amazing and believable theory.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Djem wrote:
    Zyrrashijn wrote:Yeah, she took off her robes, pulled a rag over her head and left her tin banishment catalyst behind as she went down in to the swamps and insanity. There she found a cleaver and furthermore nourished on humans...

It would say why she was immune to the poison of the swamp: she worked to cure it for years, but ultimately failed to do anything but made herself immune.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Djem wrote:

I agree o_O that is pretty amazing. However, I think the robes, or the mask I can't remember, mention the name of the chick who wore them, and her name wasn't Mildred. I can't remember her name though.

Eitherway, it's a really good theory.
    _______

My personal recent discovery was to not hit Rant more than once >->;; he'll parry your butt.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Hachouma wrote:You guys do know that there are clams in ash lake right?

Sad memory of the release date when Blacksmith didn't sell Twinkling and farming those clam was the only way to upgraded Black iron set. Yeah, I remember those are there XD.

BTW, harder then I tough going threw New londo ghost with half HP and basic equipement. Started to reconsider my 5 or 10 way down. Paid off was the stack of soul I accumulated.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 pm

The Sealer who went to Blighttown was named Yulva.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:04 pm

It's possible to stand atop the swinging blades in Sen's if you fall onto them. (I'd seen this in practice before, but not how the person got there in the first place).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GSyvruU9z2w#t=197s
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:16 pm

befowler wrote:It's possible to stand atop the swinging blades in Sen's if you fall onto them. (I'd seen this in practice before, but not how the person got there in the first place).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GSyvruU9z2w#t=197s

I invaded in Sen's one time and failed a jump to fall onto one of the girders the blades swing from, then misstepped and fell onto a blade. Sat there for a few minutes until the host found me and shot me off. Blew my mind a bit, I was certain I was going to die.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Dragon roar deflects combustion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:18 am