Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 15 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Elifia Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 am

I discovered that just because someone has high poise, doesn't mean you can't stunlock them. I fought a guy in Smough's armor, I was using a claymore. After a couple of hits he finally staggered, but the next hit (1H-R1) also staggered him, and the next, and the next, and the next. And then he fell off a ledge and died.
    I did the same to paladin Leeroy in Tomb of Giants. He took a few hits to stagger, but after that I could stunlock him with claymore 1H-R1 easily.

Something else I discovered is that hitting something while it's doing its death animation still counts as a hit, and has all the same consequences. I already knew the Server's healing still triggered, but it also means large weapons won't whiff, and if attacking the target counts as betrayal, the betrayal will still be triggered. The last one happened to me in the Forest. I was using the ents to get easy kills on the Forest Hunter NPCs, but when 1 of the NPCs died I decided to attack the ent. I indirectly hit the already dead NPC, and suddenly all the NPCs start chasing after me...
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 15 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Blight Town has no roof O_o
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:16 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Blight Town has no roof O_o

Of course not. You can see Blighttown and The Great Hollow from Firelink Shrine.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm

A shame you can't skydive in..
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Not a recent discovery, but one that I've remembered and figured out how to do consistently.

You can get bonewheels in the catacombs to fall off of the Dark Souls map. You just attract them to the corner between stone and wall by where the necromancer and two archers are and they just charge themselves off the map. No souls, but no hassle and easy for low-level use.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm

I noticed this too. I still wonder why it happens. I assume FROM meant to put some kind of hidden fall in the ground, but dumped it in the wall, not realising that it would cause the skeletons to fall.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm

The Sanctuary Guardian dislikes Electricity.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Kind of ironic, hmm?
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Well, it does look a little dragonic, but I always assumed it would have disliked fire, since it looked more like a demon to me.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Regarding the bonewheel skeletons falling off the map: You do get their souls, but it takes a long time for them to die.

This may be on the wiki, but I just discovered this tidbit: Nito's thrust from the ground can turn you toxic. I usually wear poison protection clothing, but I'm currently doing a naked run and I got toxic'd twice.

Also I was wearing the poison and fog ring when I dropped down and the little skeletons didn't arggo. I also didn't kill any of the small pinwheel guys in the cavern above on that same attempt. I didn't kill anything from the bonfire to the fog gate. And I was dead (not in human form).
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Kind of ironic, hmm?
    Indeed.

Using the Dragonslayer Spear, I killed the Sanctuary Guardian faster than I have ever killed it, and if I didn't go for a tail cut I'm sure I'd have killed it on the first attempt.

And me killing bosses on the first attempt never happens unless it's the Asylum Demon, the Taurus Demon, Queelag, The Gargoyles, or the Iron Golem.

And I don't die on some of those because of NPC summons being able to solo most bosses.

I also find it ironic that the Merchant in Sen's Fortress notes that Tarkus couldn't make it to Anor Londo, yet his stuff is in Anor Londo, and he is capable of soloing the Iron Golem on NG.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 pm

It'a just a design overlook I would imagine, but still, the irony is killing me.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:05 pm

I don't think so.

Gwyn isn't resistant to fire, but Artorias is immune to my spear I guess. 100ish damage without counter attacking, only 203 when I counter with the Leo Ring.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:Also I was wearing the poison and fog ring when I dropped down and the little skeletons didn't arggo. I also didn't kill any of the small pinwheel guys in the cavern above on that same attempt. I didn't kill anything from the bonfire to the fog gate. And I was dead (not in human form).

Really? What was your armor level? 25% or below? I would normally have expected that the use of a slumbering dragoncrest ring would be necessary, but that will be very helpful when I go to fight nito with my boxer.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 pm

morte wrote:Well, it does look a little dragonic, but I always assumed it would have disliked fire, since it looked more like a demon to me.
    The soul description describes it as a Demon, not a Dragon. Of course, I have yet to fight it with fire, but I do have a pyromancy build at SL 6 that I never use. If I get it to the Sancuary Guardian I'll test the Furysword's damage.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm

I made this one just a few seconds ago: the capra demon in lost izalith can hit through shields, even when ceaseless can't.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:37 am

Latitoast wrote:I don't think so.

Gwyn isn't resistant to fire, but Artorias is immune to my spear I guess. 100ish damage without counter attacking, only 203 when I counter with the Leo Ring.

Artorias is kind of immune to everything...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:59 am

Latitoast wrote:I also find it ironic that the Merchant in Sen's Fortress notes that Tarkus couldn't make it to Anor Londo, yet his stuff is in Anor Londo, and he is capable of soloing the Iron Golem on NG.
    NG?

The Tarkus knows no such thing as "NG"
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 am

From afar, Smough's head looks like a dildo.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am

The Symbol of Avarice is the best piece of headgear in the game.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 am

RenegadeCop wrote:The Symbol of Avarice is the best piece of headgear in the game.
    And, it is easy to get. Just buy a bunch of Lloyd's and head to Sen's.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am

reim0027 wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:The Symbol of Avarice is the best piece of headgear in the game.
    And, it is easy to get. Just buy a bunch of Lloyd's and head to Sen's.

Anor Londo has Three Mimics close together from the Bonfire where Solaire is . Better Chances happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 am

But.. But.. Sen's is where my Symbol is always from. It would be sacrilege to choose those Mimics over Lightning Spear Mimic.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

How do you get a symbol of avarice? I just loot it and then kill it and hope to get the drop, is there a better way?

.....my noob is showing isn't it?
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 am

morte wrote:How do you get a symbol of avarice? I just loot it and then kill it and hope to get the drop, is there a better way?

.....my noob is showing isn't it?

If you throw a Lloyds Talisman at it, apparently it just goes to sleep and you can loot it. Punch it to wake it up, repeat until you got an Avarice.

Alternatively, the very last Mimic in the game will always drop the Avarice if you don't have one yet (This is the same for any loot obtained from a mob with limited numbers)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:49 pm