Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by morte Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:48 am

Really? I never knew that they are required to drop loot. That's neat.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Djem Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Zephryl wrote:
    morte wrote:How do you get a symbol of avarice? I just loot it and then kill it and hope to get the drop, is there a better way?

.....my noob is showing isn't it?

If you throw a Lloyds Talisman at it, apparently it just goes to sleep and you can loot it. Punch it to wake it up, repeat until you got an Avarice.

Alternatively, the very last Mimic in the game will always drop the Avarice if you don't have one yet (This is the same for any loot obtained from a mob with limited numbers)

So that's why the Mimic close to Big Hat Logan in Duke's Archives always drop the Symbol of Avarice for me! Look Skyward

I wonder what are the cases this rule can be applied other than the mimics?
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Fang Boar Helm, Gargoyle Helm, Gargoyle Halberd (Not their tail though, miss it the 4th time and it's gone) and Necromancer Skull Lantern, as well as the Symbol of Avarice of course.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Most of the others that have stuff worth getting have a respawnable version, so the rule doesn't apply (titanite Demons, Black Knights, Channelers).

Oh, I think the Giant Rat always drops a Humanity, but since there's only one of those I'm not sure it counts lol!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 pm

^There's the Gargoyle Shield
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm

-You can stunlock Queelag forever if you keep shooting arrows at her human body.

-Andre has a giant balder side sword behind him...

-Demon Catalyst is op

-The hydra in ash lake is darker than the one in darkroot basin.

Also, broadsword is the best sword.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Ashran wrote:-You can stunlock Queelag forever if you keep shooting arrows at her human body.

Try shooting DB at her body lol!

Anyways I learned that the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst is easy to get if you co-op for Gwyndolin before fighting O&S. With 16 int and high faith this thing will do a lot with DB twisted
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Zephryl wrote:Alternatively, the very last Mimic in the game will always drop the Avarice if you don't have one yet (This is the same for any loot obtained from a mob with limited numbers)

That must've been changed in a patch, because I remember the last mimic not giving me that.

Also, Strong Magic Shield can be used to block the Sanctuary Guardian's wind and lightning attacks.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 pm

WandererReece wrote:Also, Strong Magic Shield can be used to block the Sanctuary Guardian's wind and lightning attacks.

Well this depends on Intelligence and the shield you're using, especially when you get to NG+
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 pm

hey its andres wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:Also, Strong Magic Shield can be used to block the Sanctuary Guardian's wind and lightning attacks.

Well this depends on Intelligence and the shield you're using, especially when you get to NG+
    Intellegence does not effect strong magic shield or magic shield, only the weapons.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 pm

So I recently discovered that "Intellegence does not effect strong magic shield or magic shield, only the weapons."

Thank you Dibs ❤
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 pm

hey its andres wrote:So I recently discovered that "Intellegence does not effect strong magic shield or magic shield, only the weapons."

Thank you Dibs ❤
    Lol :p
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Recently i learned that if you invade someone and have a chest head on, they tend to hide from you. And if you happen to be invading in Anor Londo and place a bunch of prism stones in the basement with havel's equipment then stand in the middle of the lit up place people will once again run away.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 am

WandererReece wrote:
    Zephryl wrote:Alternatively, the very last Mimic in the game will always drop the Avarice if you don't have one yet (This is the same for any loot obtained from a mob with limited numbers)

That must've been changed in a patch, because I remember the last mimic not giving me that.

Also, Strong Magic Shield can be used to block the Sanctuary Guardian's wind and lightning attacks.

Then you must already have it, or missed a Mimic somewhere. I believe I'm using the most patched version of the game and it still applies to my loot~
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 am

So, apparently you can summon Solaire before the Gargoyle Fight for some Jolly Cooperation.

How did I not know this?
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:23 am

Elifia wrote: I was using the ents to get easy kills on the Forest Hunter NPCs,

Have to try it big grin
    If I let an Ent kill the Shiva's Bodyguard, will shiva apear in B-Town?
    Dragon Hat
    Dragon Hat

Post by Dragon Hat Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 am

I now have 7 characters ranging from SL24 to SL360. I JUST discovered that there's a bonfire in Sen's Fortress. I had no idea until a friend showed me.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 am

^ I understand if you're playing offline, but man, if you're playing online, that's just unlucky.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 am

Djem wrote:^ I understand if you're playing offline, but man, if you're playing online, that's just unlucky.

Yeah same here, there's so many signs around it's impossible to miss, its the one and only time "Bonfire ahead" is actually useful.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:47 am

Zephryl wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:

Then you must already have it, or missed a Mimic somewhere. I believe I'm using the most patched version of the game and it still applies to my loot~

To clarify: I meant the patch made the last mimic drop it. When I played this game before patches I wouldn't always get the Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 4125110524 even though I killed all of them. It's just like the Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 3915592713.

Why are they making rare loot not rare? Do they not know rare loot is part of the fun?
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:10 am

I just found out last night that you can kill the giant that opens up Sens Fortress. I never knew there was an illusionary wall when you drop down into the demon pit, go up the ladder and pick up the soul. I saw a message that said "Merchant Ahead" and I hit the wall revealing a ladder. I was like a kid on Christmas going up the ladder. New area unexplored....
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 am

^ The illusionary wall in Sen's is the only non DLC illusionary wall that can't be "broken" by a roll.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am

Parrying Gwyn is harder than I thought.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 am

WandererReece wrote:^ The illusionary wall in Sen's is the only non DLC illusionary wall that can't be "broken" by a roll.

That ran me for a loop first time I tried it. I knew that there had to be more than that soul, so I rolled into it and got nothing. Man was I excited when I found out that it was a weapon-break not a roll-break.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:00 am

WandererReece wrote:^ The illusionary wall in Sen's is the only non DLC illusionary wall that can't be "broken" by a roll.

Darkmoon Tomb?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 am

^ I forgot about that one. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am