Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
PlasticandRage
WaLKA
Infighter
Ghadis_God
Animaaal
tinypantha
Demon Slayer
KingSeekerCow
VaDoom
Mr. Tart
Sevans
Emergence
Peaceful Wollyhop
User1
gmwdim
Maneater_Mildred
Hue
skarekrow13
densetsushun
The Letter X
GrinTwist
EeAyEss
26 posters

The Metal thread.

Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

The Metal thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Metal thread.

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks for posting these videos guys, gota say I love alot of stuff I had never heard of before.

twisted twisted twisted
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Speaking of festivals, the best live performance I've seen was Slayer at Heavy MTL 2010. They played Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:EDIT: Since you brought up drinks....I went to see Motley Crue with my (former) father in law, his brother and my two (former) brother in laws. My favorite part of the concert was that I didn't die from alcohol poisoning. And I don't think I drank the most. Not that I remember clearly

I think the most plastered I've ever gotten at a show was Danzig. Evidently I hit a guy with my pants. God knows what I was doing with them in my hands as opposed to on my body. Either that or Pantera/Hatebreed. That was a good show. Before Dimebag died. Not a huge fan of either band, but it was a hell of a show. There was a whole chapter of Hells Angels there. Really crazy atmosphere. I saw a guy get choke slammed.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:14 pm

I saw Danzig ( at the one metallica show I went to). There was a car on fire in the lot during Danzig's set. Black plume behind the stage. Kinda cool
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 pm

When I went to see Metallica Metal Church opened for them, and they had a fireworks show in the middle of the day, and nobody could see it, and Hetfield made fun of them for it when they came out. I can't remember what he said, it was pretty funny though. I think the best thing like that I've ever seen was at an Ozfest though. Tommy Lee's solo project band, Methods of Mayhem played, and they were just as awful as you'd think. There were two drummers, and two vocalists, one of which rode onto the stage on a tricycle, and they pretty much got booed off the stage after 1 song, and the next band that came out covered it to screw with them. It was hilarious.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm

I really wish I was at that show
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 pm

I've never been to a metal concert, I've heard they're a lot of fun but I never had enough money to go.

Some music for you guys.:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Usually the small venue shows are pretty cheap. There usually better shows too, at least IMO. I'm not real big on the whole gigantic show thing anymore. I prefer to sit at a bar and watch and mingle.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Ah, I'm talking more along the lines of big shows. Like a Rammstein concert or something like that. Actually, I think In Flames was around here at one point and I missed out because I didn't have any time to go.

The Metal thread. - Page 3 2707236321
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 pm

I liked the big stuff when I was younger too, but it's just a little too crazy for me now. I got my eyebrow ring ripped out twice at two different times at those things. Once crowd surfing and once doing a braveheart. I prefer to just hang out now, but I understand the draw.

I saw Rammstein once. At Pledge of Allegiance tour. They put on a pretty crazy show. There pyrotechnics are nuts, and at one point the vocalist sprayed milk at the crowd out of a fire hose. It was pretty gross. Smelled so bad in there by the end of the show. 300 hot sweaty people covered in sour curdling milk

They played with System of a Down, who I'm not real big on, and Slipknot, who at the time I was really big on, and they put on a hell of a show. One of the best I've ever seen. That was actually the show I got my eyebrow ring ripped out at during the braveheart. I got elbowed in the face really hard, and the adrenaline was pumping, and I didn't even realize it happened until we were leaving. I ran back into my friend I went with and he told me my face was all covered with blood.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 pm

That Rammstein concert sounds fun.

I'm glad I don't have any piercings my face, that sounds like that hurts a hell of a lot. If anything I'll probably participate in a Wall of Death and be satisfied.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 pm

It hurt afterwards. I kinda wish I hadn't gotten it pierced again now though, because after it got ripped out again the scar tissue built up and not I have this weird lump in my eyebrow that kinda makes it look like I'm always questioning something. My septum ring was the one I was really worried about. If that had gotten torn out I would have been in a bad way.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 pm

I like both large and small venues but it depends on the band and my mood. Saw Rob Zombie. Shinedown, Prong, Powerman 5000 and some other bands at this little bar in a suburb of Albany. Even got to chat with Zombie for a minute. Those shows were awesome. Zombie does a crazier stage show by far with a larger stage though. Completely different shows. Same energy. Dude rocks just for live. Godsmack was better with a bigger venue. Megadeth the smaller the better. The band is the show. Nothing pyro or theatrical can top their energy so close is good. Same with Testament and Exodus. Slayer too. Saw them in Pittsburgh at the Stage AE. Medium venue. Big enough stage to go crazy but small enough to be more intimate. Hard as concrete though so bring your best cushioned shoes. Iron Maiden I saw at s large venue. Maybe it's just me but I felt **** (D1ckinson) was the only member really featured and the amount of stage craft was insane. Like. you either love it or think it's over the top. Zombie is just as insane but to me felt better meshed. Like a well directed movie. Maiden was more like.... some music is playing. And by the way Bruce D1ckinson is on s zip line for some reason

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Lol, forgot the censor doesn't like Bruce D either
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Yeah I'll give you Rob Zombie. I saw him play with White Zombie, and Mudvayne opened for them at the Pepsi. That was a pretty good show. I went home with a girl I didn't really want to go home with, but I guess that's the nature of the booze, er, beast.

You're talking about Northern Lights aren't you? I go there sometimes too. When somebody I want to see is playing. Saw Poison the Well and Thursday there a couple years ago. That was the last one I went to.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 pm

I am. I loved that place. Clifton Patk also has the only eastern NY place I would recommend wings from too. A little townie bar on the river called The Klamsteam Tavern. Excellent wings and food overall and not stuck up like most of the town
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:52 pm

This thread pleases me. Needs more prog though.

There. That's better.
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sevans Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 pm

I eat, sleep, and breathe heavy metal. Been listening ever since I was born. I've got this strange addiction to buying albums -- I have several hundred CDs (Maybe 500 or so?)from bands all over the world.

Lately I've been on a Death kick.

EDIT: I figured I'd throw some more stuff here, since I'm bored.

Opeth - The Leper Affinity; The definition of heavy Prog Metal, really.

Nevermore - The River Dragon Has Come; Loomis writes some of the coolest guitar riffs.

Gojira - The Heaviest Matter of the Universe; The name says it all really.

Devin Townsend - Bad Devil; This guy is the Frank Zappa of our time. But heavier. And with less moustache.

Tyr - Hold the Heathen Hammer High; Best viking metal band on the planet, bar none.

Arcturus - The Chaos Path; If you want to feel you're at the Circus from Hell. Not very accessible, for the feint of ear.

Iced Earth - Wolf; Good *** American power metal.

Oh boy, I could go on forever.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:26 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I am. I loved that place. Clifton Patk also has the only eastern NY place I would recommend wings from too. A little townie bar on the river called The Klamsteam Tavern. Excellent wings and food overall and not stuck up like most of the town

Sometimes it blows me away how small the world is. The only thing I know about Clifton Park is that a friend of mine dated a girl from there, borrowed her car one night, and accidentally crashed it through a tollbooth between there and Suny Albany, and she broke up with him. That story belongs here I think. Crashing a car through a tollbooth is pretty metal.

You hit the nail on the head for me too. One of the things I really like about small venues is how personal they are. I've gotten chances to meet all kinds of musicians that I never would have otherwise. Most of them at Northern Lights. I remember when Godsmack played there. I was supposed to go to that show, but I ended up getting called into work that day and my friends went without me. I really liked them back then. I still have their first cd around somewhere. Haven't listened to that in a really long time.

Oh and:

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 am

Gojira plug just made this thread twice as pleasing.
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sevans Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:32 am

I love the energy of small venues -- The crowd is rowdy, the band is right in your face, everyone is sweaty, it stinks. Perfect for metal.

Big venues have astronomically better acoustics, though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:32 am

Had to follow up Mastodon with Behemoth.

^ I find that there are a lot less stupid people doing stupid things in small venues too, like there's not some jackass trying to grab your girl's chest or throw bottles, or insert dumb thing here. Small venues almost always have beer too, whereas a lot of the bigger arena venues don't allow alcohol inside, so you get a lot of really pissed off alcoholic bikers and such, depending on the band I guess.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sevans Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 am

Emergence wrote:Gojira plug just made this thread twice as pleasing.

Pleased to see another Gojira fan here.

Saw them live last month. *** incredible.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:43 am

Saw them in San Diego about a Month ago. Sick show. Me and my friend were in the pit most of the night. I accidentally elbowed a chick in the face. After that I helped her back up, then went back into the pit.
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sevans Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:46 am

I love some old In Flames stuff. Never seen them live before, though.

My melodeath contribution for the night.

Amorphis!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:52 am