Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 18 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 pm

I find parry timings consistent now.
    Greatswords are about 1 second before impact, etc.
    Parrying is kind of strange that way.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 18 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah parrying is strange like that. All you need is timing though, and a bit of luck sometimes. silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Luck is definitely not my friend.
    In the event I can't nail a parry time, it's spam time! big grin
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 pm

hahahaha!!! big grin
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 pm

So, the conclusive point:
    I am not too good.
    But certainly dangerous.
    Don't catch me while I'm drunk, and you'll be fine! big grin
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 pm

lol drunk souls...i've done my share of that too! 8)
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Fun times indeed. :drunken:
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 06, 2013 7:42 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Are you challenging me? silly
    I would actually quite like to fight you.

Yeah - when I say the pit I'm referring to the moonpit - the area leading to moonlight butterfly boss. I need to start remembering there is another "pit" in the blighttown. I have never dueling in that area in B. town before - one day I have to check it out.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 pm

It's not the best place to be honest..
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Luck is definitely not my friend.
    In the event I can't nail a parry time, it's spam time! big grin

The only time I attempt parries are when I'm "in the zone" and can visualize getting the parry. I definitely don't spam parries - bad luck is my BFF that will watch u get BS'd when u spam then roll around on the ground laughing :shock:
    I'm just an average Joe trying to survive and be competitive against some dang good players.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm

As I said, I'm not the best, but I have definitely improved recently.

Just a couple days ago, I could never parry in PvP.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Broke how long u gonna b on tonite
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue May 07, 2013 12:27 am

@Brokewilly: Sure, let's try to cook up some duels this week ; )
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 am

Hm, I'm definitely interested. Although, I like to use spells so I don't know if that would be counted against me? I won't sit there and spam WotG and on higher level builds I tend to avoid pyro. I don't mind a know pursuers rule. Aside from what's specified above, am I to assume that everything is fair game?

Oh and what about Karmic Justice and special sword attacks e.g. Dragon King Great smash?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue May 07, 2013 4:20 pm

We had fun battles! And I did especially!

I killed an engaged couple!
    I killed a beanpole!
    I killed a beanpole that was divine!
    I turtled with a rapier!

Fun times indeed.
    And good battles.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:We had fun battles! And I did especially!

I killed an engaged couple!
    I killed a beanpole!
    I killed a beanpole that was divine!
    I turtled with a rapier!

Fun times indeed.
    And good battles.

I'm a cop-killer! cheers

Good fights both you and beanpole. Will be dueling again soon!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Sounds like a plan man! big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Ok - people edits have been made to the top post. The date of the tourney is Sat, May 25th @ 6pm EST US / 10pm GMT. Hopefully this date will work for everyone - if not we still have the alternate date of June 8th. I will be sending PMs (on the BOX and forum) to each combatant the two locations of the tourney.

@Renegade - bro u have been added to Team Omega so ur good to go.

I will be continuing my efforts to reach out to players who have shown interest in the tourney. I should be able to complete the team rosters by the end of this week.

We are a little over 2 weeks from the tourney so hopefully everyone has been getting some extra training in. I expect to see some very good match-ups.

Stay frosty people....
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks for adding me Broke.
    That time works for me perfectly, as in it fits me better than any other time! big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 pm

hey its andres wrote:Hm, I'm definitely interested. Although, I like to use spells so I don't know if that would be counted against me? I won't sit there and spam WotG and on higher level builds I tend to avoid pyro. I don't mind a know pursuers rule. Aside from what's specified above, am I to assume that everything is fair game?

Oh and what about Karmic Justice and special sword attacks e.g. Dragon King Great smash?

I will put you down as interested in the tourney. There a few players ahead of u that have shown interest but basically it's 1st come 1st serve (meaning the 1st three players [there are 3 slots still open]I can hook-up with to do some dueling in the moonpit). I will send you a PM on the BOX to see if we can get some time moonpit so I can get a feel for your play style.

Please review the rules in the top post. Any melee weapon is allowed except for spears. Also KJ is allowed so ur good to go there. WoG and pursuers are a no go - other than that the no spam rule is in effect for the sorceries and miracles which are allowed.

I will be in contact.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Yeah if there's priority then I probably won't make it as my only build in that range is a complete caster. Although maybe, she's fun to use the only problem is that she's not the best pvp build I can do. I have an anti-gank build which is..disgusting to say the least. winking
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed May 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Awwwwwww crap...

Scheduling conflict...I have to work that saturday. FML Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 18 2707236321
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Oh dayuum, boi, bad luck!

Possibly.. Skive out of it? silly
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm at work on that saturday too, but it doesn't matter if the time is right...any thoughts on what time of the day is this gonna be held?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed May 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Meh, it's all good. It's happened before with tournies and FC's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:10 pm