Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Brigade
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
TehInfamousAmos
raecor14
Werdax
AnCapaillMor
densetsushun
Rynn
Jansports
Onion Knight
Soris Ice Goldwing
CarverUpqik
Infighter
Tolvo
sciicers
Latitoast
EeAyEss
Spurgun
KrazykevS10
lextune
jimmyc0341
User1
Tchuwib
Peaceful Wollyhop
Emergence
skarekrow13
RANT
32 posters

Dark Souls PA

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark Souls PA - Page 8 Empty Re: Dark Souls PA

Post by Marino. Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Never really cared for her nor know what exactly what was going on but i saw this coming .

Once you reveal too much of yourself to the Internet a **** will come in, combine that with the fact that you're "different" people immediately think of you as a "Attention ****" .
    I admit, i thought she was one too (not anymore though).

But thats just how it is on the Internet, nobody cares if you're disabled or female or a nigga .
    Once you yourself make a huge deal about it sh!t will go down .

Now, i don't know if RedRosieSugar did any of the things i mentioned nor do i care .

All i can say to her is :
    I hope you get over it and grow a thicker skin ***.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Brigade wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:i find it sad that the fourms have now gotten to a point where they no longer even resemble high-school. the majority of people on here are now adults, part of being an adult is striving to sort conflict out, OR in the case of this situation removing ones self from the situation BEFORE the blow out.

I'm pretty sure the forums aren't the issue here, but I may be wrong.
    it is obvious that fourm mebers are related to this, on both sides.

raecor if the Forum has anything to do with any of this it's less than 1% to blame, believe me.
    i hope that is true.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Marino. wrote:Never really cared for her nor know what exactly what was going on but i saw this coming .

Once you reveal too much of yourself to the Internet a **** will come in, combine that with the fact that you're "different" people immediately think of you as a "Attention ****" .
    I admit, i thought she was one too (not anymore though).

But thats just how it is on the Internet, nobody cares if you're disabled or female or a nigga .
    Once you yourself make a huge deal about it sh!t will go down .

Now, i don't know if RedRosieSugar did any of the things i mentioned nor do i care .

All i can say to her is :
    I hope you get over it and grow a thicker skin ***.
    Nobody should have to have that thick of skin. sad
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm

I would agree with you if we were talking about Real Life bullying .

But this is the Internet, if you let anonymous comments get to you you definately need to grow a thicker skin .

Her Videos are all fine and dandy and she just got hate because of the way "how she plays" now that she said that she is disabled etc people assume she just says these things to get pity .

They don't hate her because she's disabled or a Girl Gamer or anything like that, they hate her because she thinks they hate her for being a disabled Girl Gamer .
    She is putting herself above the haters in such a "cheap" way that it only inflames the fire even more .

Thats just how the Internet works .

So, as far as i can tell it's her own fault and she gets no sympathy from me .
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Marino. wrote:I would agree with you if we were talking about Real Life bullying .

But this is the Internet, if you let anonymous comments get to you you definately need to grow a thicker skin .

Her Videos are all fine and dandy and she just got hate because of the way "how she plays" now that she said that she is disabled etc people assume she just says these things to get pity .

They don't hate her because she's disabled or a Girl Gamer or anything like that, they hate her because she thinks they hate her for being a disabled Girl Gamer .
    She is putting herself above the haters in such a "cheap" way that it only inflames the fire even more .

she brought it on herself true, but NO ONE should ever be battered down to a point where they feel like they can't be on the internet
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Rosie is just an example. It wouldn't be okay if these hate-spewing punks were to assault a healthy male who can take it instead of Rosie. This kind of abominable behaviour should not be permitted regardless of the details.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 pm

raecor14 wrote:
    she brought it on herself true, but NO ONE should ever be battered down to a point where they feel like they can't be on the internet

I disagree .
    To me real life bullying and cyber bullying aren't the same since one involves People you meet regulary and one involves anonymous comments .

I'm not trying to act like a tough motherhumper but People that let cyber bullying get to them need to man/woman the hell up .
    Real life bullying is a huge issue though .
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 pm

To be honest, I'm appalled at that statement. Bullying is bullying. Plain and simple. Nobody should treat other people like that. All of our interactions should be civil, whether in person, or online. There is no justification for that behavior, period.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:17 pm

I don't fully agree with it either, but i came to accept it since it's just the Internet to me .
    And the fact that there is no justifications makes whats being said by Internet bullies even more shallow
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm glad I misinterpreted you then. I'm also glad you have such a mature outlook about what people say to you. The core of the issue, for me, is even if you have a thick skin, they shouldn't act like that.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm

100% Agreed happy .

Perhaps i should be less blunt silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm

I can understand that there's a difference but anyone who invests in any community is prone to having an emotional attachment to that community, even online. To have that dragged out, beaten, **** on, then thrown back on your face is bound to be traumatic regardless of where it occurs.

Also, and I have no idea if this is the case with Rosie, but there are numerous people who have real struggles with interactions and relationships. The internet can be a surrogate or starting point for social skill development. Like the people who use their anonymity to say hurtful things, anonymity can feel like a comfort to those looking to find a place to belong.

In either case, it's not as easy as just having thick skin or brushing it off. A "fake"identity still has real feelings tied into it
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm

reim0027 wrote:To be honest, I'm appalled at that statement. Bullying is bullying. Plain and simple. Nobody should treat other people like that. All of our interactions should be civil, whether in person, or online. There is no justification for that behavior, period.

I wholeheartedly agree. Humanity is not above all this, but it should be.

After all, who knows the value of humanity better than Dark Souls players? Joy
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Have no more votes today, really want to +1 skare. :|
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Just convince a couple hundred people or so to vote on my shields and we'll call it even :roll:

But seriously. I'm probably good on rep
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Marino. wrote:I would agree with you if we were talking about Real Life bullying .

This could not be further from the truth, and anyone who has spent any meaningful time in the wiki chat getting to know Rosie would agree. As far as mods and community members go Rosie was one of the best examples of people looking out for people and we chose her for our very selective team for a reason. Was she opinionated? Damn straight, but she could back it up. And she was honest in a way few ever are. But what people never see were all the people she helped in the chat, anons and pros with build help and game questions. She would host fight clubs and arenas daily, and welcomed everyone from regular to newcomer. And she supported everyone's ideas. For her it wasn't an event unless everyone was playing. People bristled at her because she called people out on their pretentious, elitist and snobby approach to the game and used her videos to mock people who got their fame showing how much more "pro" they were than "noobs". Her popularity threatened what the status quo was for uploader fame and turned an ego driven collection of people upside down. That bred jealously and hatred long before her gender and disability was an issue. It's been a witch hunt since day one. Never did she make a personal attack on others and even laughed when people satired her videos in a creative way. That response on kind is appropriate. But challenging her personal life and standing is not.

This is going to be the final word on this. The souls community really needs to ask itself where we are going. People always say "we're not like such and such specific game community."

Oh? Prove it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:43 pm