Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
SlothAlmighty
Seignar
Slarg232
wretchedsausage
chaos4ever181
Serious_Much
arshan272
Glutebrah
dumbworm
Ashran
Dibsville
hey its andres
ErrJon6661
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Zeta Prime
Animaaal
Acarnatia
SadPanda
raecor14
dixego
tinypantha
MosquitoPower
WandererReece
skarekrow13
GreatLordNero
29 posters

New Magic?

phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

New Magic? - Page 5 Empty Re: New Magic?

Post by phastings Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:37 am

Can't believe I just went thru 7 pages and no mention of (ill punch myself if I missed it so u don't have to)... REFLECT! Imagine a faith based spell that allowed a parry type mechanic to reflect back offensive spells if executed skillfully. If reflected, the original caster would certainly have their chance to evade eating their own spell if quick enough. Might add some more depth to magic in terms of pvp combat tactics
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Hear me out on this one. WotG/Force do that in a sense already. I've actually had a few rare instances where a CSS or a WDB go to the side or even reflect back at the host. The problem is that the spell is randomly cast away so that your chance of hitting the foe is extremely low. I think all that needs to be done here is to make it work differently on some spells e.g. maybe HCSM would target the foe or something because you reverse the spell or whatever. The point is that if they made Force, specifically Force, cast a little faster and do things like this, then it would, as you stated, create a magic "parry."
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:49 pm

No kidding? I've never actually used WotG since I've never gone the faith route, but that is interesting. I knew force repelled arrows but that's not important, I pretty much ignore arrows.. well maybe I pay attention to those shot by the two silver knights in anor, but anywho, it would be cool if like u said there was a faster cast to reach the practicality of, say, the speed of a quick shield block, but the reflect spell would have to be purely defensive and not cause AOE damage as it would be exploited

Maybe they would call it "mirror" and is obtainable from mirror knights soul, shoot, maybe u can get his shield which functions as a magic deflector but has poor physical damage reduction..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:42 am