Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WaLKA
passivefamiliar
ResIsBestStat
ErrJon6661
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wolfsbane
User1
Sentiel
13 posters

Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger)

Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger) - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger)

Post by Halicarnassis Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 am

If that fails maybe change her vocation and get her to pick up a few new skills. When you change back it may be different. My pawn has completed almost every class but Mage and he's doing alright
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger) - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger)

Post by Sentiel Wed May 08, 2013 11:53 am

My lady also used my pawn and she did great.
    However as soon as I use her, she just stands there and does nothing. I finally went to Everfall and managed to kill offline Ur-Dragon, even though I needed to split the fight into three. I had troubles locating all of it's hearts. Trying Hundred Kisses on the heart on it's tail was hilarious. It was like riding a wild roller coaster. big grin

Anyway, my main just stood aside the fight, not doing anything. On the second fight, I gave her only one spell.
    Holy Affinity.
    When the fight started, I went to her and spammed d-pad like crazy and she just stood there and did nothing. Ur wasn't near us, or anything, because my lady's level 32 pawn climbed on Ur's neck and kept hacking one of his hearts like a madman. Then, all of a sudden, she rushed straight in, with perfect timing to get into a grab to get possessed.
    I facepalmed so hard my forehead still hurts...

I rested. Did a quest where I have to kill 2 Metal Golems and went to Bluemoon Tower to kill the...Wyvern? there for the trophy. Kinda fell bad about it as it seemed like it doesn't want to fight me. sad

I talked to her a lot on the Knowledge Chair to make sure her Inclinations are set properly.

She has mastered all Vocations already, while I'm missing only the last level of Assassin to have everything as well.

She was always a very good pawn and did more than I expected, no matter the Vocation I gave her, but as soon as Grigori fell, she became utterly useless and refuses to listen to me. 😢
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed May 08, 2013 12:22 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:my sister kept her character and gear but the all the quests seem to have reset, thing is the monsters also got a bit tougher so it may have dropped her into something like a ng+... anyway yeah your character and gear and stored junk are all preserved from game to game.

Thanks! I may end up getting it.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed May 08, 2013 2:08 pm

@sentiel: RIP pawn-goddess sad

I might flick it on this evening and show my missus what its all about, but we got the Apprentice to watch too... lol!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 2:40 pm

The Apprentice..
    I'm watching it too today.
    Let's judge the new candidates at the end. big grin
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 am

My problem seems to be gone.

I send my support pawns home. Went to Encampment, bought and used the following Potions in the following order.
    1 Neutralizing, 3 Challenger, 4 Mitigator, 6 Nexus, 8 Guardian, 9 Medicant, 10 Utilitarian.
    I removed all her skills and gave her Holy Affinity, High Anodyne, High Halidom, High Spellscreen (not sure what this does exactly, but I welcome any boost to defences), Grand Ingle and Grand Levin.
    I switched myself from Assassin to Fighter, because I felt that 3100+ HP is low, as I see many pawns with 3700+, even on lower levels (I'm 107 atm). I hope to get some HP and Def boost. I'm playing on Hard Mode, so I'm grateful for anything that makes me survive another blow. Assassins Dodge Roll, and Double Vault prove to be the best skills for survival so far. At least Dark Souls tought me how to evade everything like a boss. big grin

When all was done and set I slept in the inn.
    My pawn even got rented by two people, which made me very happy, as it was her second and third time getting hired by somebody else other than my girlfriend in some 80+ hours.

I went to Everfall to test her and now, she works perfectly! I don't know what happened, but it did.
    She stands on the edge of the battle, keeping whole party buffed and healed. Sometimes, she gets close to boost us with High Spellscreen and then retreats to safety. She uses her two offensive spells sparingly and when we need it, like to help us bring down an annoying Gargoyle, or just to do some damage to Gorechymera as I try to hack her away with my pathetic Bastard Sword.

I don't know if she will be able to keep with my Assassin's faster pace and switching between Bow and Daggers, but so far, she's the support mage I always wanted. happy

I'd like to thank you for helping me guys, without your inputs, I would've threw her to Brine and started soloing. So you kinda saved her life. big grin
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri May 10, 2013 9:07 am

@ sentiel cheers

@renegade: hmmmm Apprentice... *rubbing hands with glee*
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 10, 2013 3:08 pm

While I already hit 90 hours into this beauty, I'm still on my first playthrough. Well, I killed Senechal and all, but then reverted to an older save.

I managed to kill The Dragon, while having a really awkward scene with Aelinore. You see, I like Quina and Mercedes, so I gave both of them a lot of presents and Arisen's Bond. Still, the game decided Aelinore is the right one for me. :/
    I would love to have a chat with the idiot who designed the affinity system. :x

On the brither note, my Arisen seems to have a thing for her. I mean, in Blighted Manse, it looked like they committed something that would be punishable by law in present day.

Anyhow. After venturing into Everfall and killing offline Ur-Dragon a few times (how the hell do you people kill the online version?!) I decided to go and try Bitterblack Island.
    Oh boy was I suprised!

Having most of my gear Dragonforged, while Dragon's Vein and Dragon's Rancor are still my best weapons (I can't be bothered with Everfall chest loot chances) and having level 110 I thought Bitterblack will be a breeze.

After Death wiped out my entire party except for me, I was proved very, very wrong. Nothing a trip to the Rift can't fix. Next was the huge cyclops prisoner. I felt sorry for him and wanted to free him, while my pawns attacked him until it got mad, freed itself and slaughtered my pawns. Seeing as I can't make as much as dent in him, I fled to the Rift again. Second trip welcomed me with giant black dog in the place where I first met Death. Very annoying enemy on Hard Mode. sad

Continuing deeper, I met a dynamic duo of Wyrm and Wyvern, who proved to fall quickly to Fivefold spam. Next was suprise visit from Cursed Dragon. So far the second most annoying fight for me. The first place holds one of the Everfall fights where you fight a Lich, Chimera, Gorechimera, few Hellhounds and several undead. Cursed Dragon is very strong and can one shot me even through my 3300 HP with Bastion with single bite. Only Periapt boosted Blast Arrows did something to it's HP, until I managed to cling unto it's heart (crystal?) and spammed Hunder Kisses.

Second funny enounter was with a Minotaurus and some stronger version of Ogre. Good thing they can damage each other. silly

But the first place and the main reason why I write this long post is the last encounter with Death. We met on a destoryed bridge over some sort of river. It didn't see my party, which makes me believe that it has poor sight, or it's completely blind. That would explain the lantern it carries. Anyhow, I used this opportunity and unleashed boosted Fivefold Blast Arrows. First flurry made Death turn around to face me, while the second, going into it's face, or where it should be made it waver, lose control and fall down. However, Death didn't land on the bridge, but instead fell into the water below and died. Netting me 999999 EXP, raising my level from 123 to 128 in an instant.

O__O

Brine is one seriously badass dude. I mean, it took out Death itself? Damn!

Long story short:
    Brine > Death

Let's venture forth into the depths of the island and hope to survive. big grin

PS:
    Bitterblack feels a LOT like Souls games imho.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:@ sentiel cheers

So.. What did you think? silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm

i still find it funny that the "elder" ogres of bitter black isle prefer men over women, also the design on the mimics in bitterblack, yeesh an intsadeath spell and if you open the chest you're basically dead anyway from nomming...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm

The Drake keeps flying away... I get it down to its last bubble of health, and it flies away never to be seen again... :roll:
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed May 15, 2013 9:53 am

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Halicarnassis wrote:@ sentiel cheers

So.. What did you think? silly

I think its hotting up! Love the Welshman withthe vampire eyebrows when he turns around to the Indian chap after there sales meeting and says "shut up you silly s**t" HAHA!!!

Cant wait for this evening
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 am

@pendant: try jumping for its tail... or

When the Drake takes to the air, attacks to its heart, head or wings can bring it down. Oftentimes, this can be used to put the Drake in a cycle, as when it recovers from the fall, it will likely fly again. Repeated attacks to the wings will eventually disable the Drake's ability to fly.

When the Drake flies into the air and goes off to a new spot a little distance away, if the player does not immediately follow it, it's often far away enough that one can save the game and then go to re-engage it in battle.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 16, 2013 7:14 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i still find it funny that the "elder" ogres of bitter black isle prefer men over women, also the design on the mimics in bitterblack, yeesh an intsadeath spell and if you open the chest you're basically dead anyway from nomming...
    Makes them easier to counter for me. Masterfull Kill usually knocks them on their backs and I can get some free hits on their head that way.

I let my pawns open chest in BBI and have Fivefold Flurry aimed at the chest in case it's a Maneater. Exequy is easy to evade and if it kills a pawn, you can revive them later. Just kill it quick, or it will escape. They drop good loot and lot of Rift Crystals.

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:The Drake keeps flying away... I get it down to its last bubble of health, and it flies away never to be seen again... :roll:

If any Dragonkin with it's heart on chest, or stomach flies above you, shoot a charged arrow, or a Blast Arrow in their heart. It will stagger them and make them crash land. Spells like High Ingle work as well. It won't damage the Drake, but it will ground it anyway.

If it does fly away from you, it just relocates. Dunno why it does, but it does. Just look around and you'll see it. If not, return to where you first saw it. Best way to stop Dragons from flying is to do heavy damage, or freeze their wings. They will attempt to fly, but fail and fall on ground. Take care that getting hit by this does huge damage and can insta kill.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am

It's cool, I got him. This time he didn't escape. winking
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 16, 2013 7:10 pm

yeah for chests now i have my pawns open it once i've half charged arc of deliverance, if it ends up beaing a maneater it nearly gets one shot. btw anyone gotten far enough in dark arisen to see elemental drakes and wyverns? i saw some pictures and they look scary...
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Oh yeah. They come in pairs usually, too. They're not fun.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 17, 2013 7:53 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:yeah for chests now i have my pawns open it once i've half charged arc of deliverance, if it ends up beaing a maneater it nearly gets one shot. btw anyone gotten far enough in dark arisen to see elemental drakes and wyverns? i saw some pictures and they look scary...
    You basically got 9 Dragonkin in the game.

Spoiler:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri May 17, 2013 11:19 am

Sentiel wrote:Ur-Dragon
    Local super boss that has several hundred million HP online, but he's quite easy to fight offline.
    It's a zombie version of the Dragon and has 30 hearts. Each heart must be destroyed in order to defeat it and you got a time limit of 8 minutes to do so. After that, it flies away. If you rest at an inn, you can resume the fight with it, with it's HP the same as was when it flew off.

I want to understand more about the Ur-Dragon, what is this whole online/offline thing about for one?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Offline, he's fairly easy, just a matter of patience by wearing his health down gradually.

I beat the Ur-Dragon, but that's not to say it was easy by any means. Took me a really long time, and evading is key to fighting it. The 30 hearts too.. Oh god, bad memories.. sad

My good old pawn Wheeler helped me out there. Helped out someone else on the forums too, big grin
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Fighting him online got you better rewards, like dwells-in-light, telarian white, and other weapons that only drop from the online ur-dragon, along with the abyssinal set. But he's pretty hard to kill. The community on the wiki still fight him and post his grace periods--basically when he's about to die and becomes significantly weaker-- but with the nerfs to certain abilities in Dark Arisen the online Ur is harder to punish. Plus he gets stronger every generation, and gets a much bigger boost if people have been using maker's fingers on him.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat May 18, 2013 6:35 am

Ur-Dragon is basically a zombie version of The Dragon with 30 hearts located on different parts of its body, that all have to be destroyed in order to kill it.

Offline fight is a normal fight, with nothing special to note.
    Killing it gives you 20 Wakestones and random perma Holy enchanted weapon.

Online fight features a MUCH stronger version of the same enemy. It has literally millions of HP. So much, that you won't even see his HP bar move.
    The damage dealt to it is uploaded to the server after it flies away and is calculated to a total damage dealt by all players currently fighting it.
    When it's HP reaches 0 it enters a Grace Period, where all of it's hearts shine with red light and you have to destroy them in order to land the killing blow.
    For landing the killing blow, you get 20 Wakestones, Abbyssinal Set and chance for one of the Masks and powerful perma Holy enchanted weapons.

After killing Ur online, it will move to next generation (currently around 240). Each generation has improved stats, depending on the way it has been defeated the last time. It also gets random extra ability, like higher defences, higher attack, being prone to flying, roosting etc.

There's an ongoing event, when Ur is weakened for one week. The community is speculating on what exactly has been changed. I can say that I fought it yesterday and did one and half health bar of damage to it per fight. His Grace Period required only one hit to a heart to destroy it too.

If it continues this way, Ur will get the :dung: farmed out of it. big grin
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 am

In on this thread. I've been slowly working my way through this great and confusing game lol. I'm starting to get the major mechanics down. I am at 20, and am just running around getting into whatever I see. Love the combat and scale of the monsters.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat May 18, 2013 11:29 am

Some of the things in this game are not what they seem..

Whenever I got a golden weapon, they were never really that good. Did they exist to actually be used, or just sold for a load of money?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat May 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Emergence wrote:In on this thread. I've been slowly working my way through this great and confusing game lol. I'm starting to get the major mechanics down. I am at 20, and am just running around getting into whatever I see. Love the combat and scale of the monsters.
    Glad to hear that. I haven't seen you play it though, nor have I met your pawn. Different PSN profile perhaps?
    If you need any help, or have questions, let me know. The game doesn't explain a lot of things. :roll:

It's a great game, although side missions and NPC interactions could use a lot of work. They're mostly on PS1 level. :/
    Other than that, excellent game. cheers

I recommend playing it on Hard Mode, because it gets too easy fast. On level 40, I was so OP I could kill more, or less everything with ease.
    Hard Mode made it a lot better. And when I went to Bitterblack Isle, the game started to be a lot like Souls games. :shock:

Renny™️ wrote:Some of the things in this game are not what they seem..

Whenever I got a golden weapon, they were never really that good. Did they exist to actually be used, or just sold for a load of money?
    A lot of things in this game are not what they seem. twisted

Dark Arisen contains all of the previously released DLCs.
    All of the Gold and Black weapons are from some sort of DLC. They are not as useless as one might think. They are like Rusted weapons. They do little damage, but they inflict debilitations. Gold weapons inflict Silence, black inflict Tarring (doubles Fire damage) and Rusted inflicts Poison and Torpor (half movement speed). Gold and Rusted must be fully upgraded for these effects to appear.

They have their uses. For example a fully upgraded Rusted Bow/Longbow on a support pawn will make a lot of difficult fights significantly easier.

It's handy to have them when you expect to fight something bothersome. Nimble, spell spamming, huge HP etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:26 am