Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WaLKA
passivefamiliar
ResIsBestStat
ErrJon6661
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wolfsbane
User1
Sentiel
13 posters

Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger)

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger) - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger)

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Yeah I am playing it on a different account (my trophy ****). Befowler has a pervert pawn at 103 and another friend has a 30 some that I am using with success. I'm sure I will have more questions so I will be posting them as they come up.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger) - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger)

Post by Sentiel Sat May 18, 2013 3:39 pm

My pawn is 200. She would ruin your EXP gains. You can also PM me on PSN if you want. You know me, I'm not here 24/7, unlike some, but I am damn near 24/7 on PSN. big grin

Befowler has a pervert pawn?
    I have to see that! big grin
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 3:41 pm

The lvl of your pawns affect your xp from enemies? Haven't noticed with Beef's.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat May 18, 2013 3:41 pm

I ran into a pervert pawn walking around Gran Soren the other day.

Equipment: Ladies' Lingerie. lol lol!

EDIT: Yes, it does, E.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat May 18, 2013 4:00 pm

If you have pawns with higher level than you, you gain less EXP and if their level is lower than yours, you get more EXP. I don't know the exact formula for this and it seems that DD wiki doesn't know it either. :/
    However I tested it and it is there. My lady started getting a lot less, around half of her EXP when she hired my pawn.
    Oh and it also affects Disciple Points gain and money drops in the same manner, according to GameFAQs.

I started on Hard Mode, which gives you double EXP and used my lady's pawn for almost whole game. He has around 50 now, so he boosted my EXP gain even further. So did my second pawn, who is a support Mage named Violet on level 30. She is #4 in Top list right now I believe.

I hit level 100 even before finishing the story. Post game mobs drop so much EXP and Bitterblack Isle goes even further that infinity symbol was in my stats in a few days.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 am

Finished. :/
    Level 200.
    Best BBI gear and goldforged.
    Over 20 million $ and over 5 million RC.
    Trivialized all bosses.
    Although two Dire Drakes are still pain in the pawn to kill.

Just slowly doing NG+ for Platinum.

I gotta say that this game has one of the best, if not the very best bow and magic systems. Melee could use some work though and climbing is horrible most of the time.

Story is good, but anything outside cutscenes look worse than PS1. Well, those cutscenes are terrible as well, but it just shows how bad is the rest.

Game has 4, or 5 endings, but unles you choose the canon one, the game will kick you into a retry screen. That's just cheap.

9/10

Gonna keep returning to see how my pawn is doing. ^^

What to play now? sad
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 pm

so thats why my exp gain is lower... i have a hired mage whose level is listed as infinite, luckily my other hired pawn is lower level but not enough to balance it out, what does infinite level mean any way? lvl 200 or soemthing? as for the next game you could play... maybe legend of dragoon on the ps1?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Infinite is indeed 200. Your EXP gain will plunge down drasticaly if you have a pawn like that.

Legend of Dragoon is a great game. The fact that I still remember it after so many years speaks for itself. However, the game is not on EU PSN Store and all of my PS1 and PS2 games, the whole collection I had was last few years ago. :/

Anyway, I'd prefer something I haven't played yet...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

ok something new... okami? it might be on psn store but im not sure... soul reaver, definately on psn store... wait those are both older... ummm... .hack GU triolgy?(nvm its a ps2...) oh and muramasa the demon blade if you have a wii, still not very new... umm gee i can't think of many new ps3 games....
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Played it all.
    I worked in a video game store, as a reviewer and more. If there's a game I haven't played, it's probably not worth playing.

Ni no Kuni. I remember feeling down from missing it's CE. I should get it now, I'm sure it's gonna be a great game. ^^
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 pm

ah! thats what i was forgetting, from what i've played i think you'll enjoy it! i kinda stopped before the final boss though because i can't find anymore quests to do and i want to find cetain things before i head into battle... and then dragons dogma DA came out and... i started anew file, only at lvl 50 so... its gonna be awhile...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat May 25, 2013 2:07 am

Yay! I got Mercedes as my love! Dragon's Dogma (contains massive spoilers - like those on cars, but...bigger) - Page 4 3696440546
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat May 25, 2013 2:53 am

I had the Duchess, even though I gave the ring to Quina. Felt like a pedo...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue May 28, 2013 8:49 am

From Arisen's diary

"Urgh! I don't know if I can go on like this anymore. Duke and his lackeys think I'm their wh*re?! Sending me on all of these stupid 'missions'. Why should I, Arisen, care about a missing ring, some fools, unable to explore a single cave, or their lost fortress. Seriously? How the hell do you lose a fortress to goblins?! Duke's soldiers suck! They're the biggest bunch of girl scouts in all of Gransys. But as soon as you 'accidentaly' throw that bald guys daughter from a roof, cos she gave you empty bottle, there's a whole army of them on your butt, throwing you into jail faster than you can say 'It was the dragon!'. And my goddamn pawns just stand there and let them take me away. Useless bunch."

"Later today, something nice has happened. My pawn jumped off a cliff. Can't really say why, but the silence is very soothing. No more nagging and warning me about a bunch of stronger than normal one hit killed goblins everywhere. But I found out, that it's my pawn who is the Arisen. Not me! I tried recruiting a very sexy pawn I met on the road, but I can't. It seems I need my pawn to recruit other pawns. Why?! I AM THE ARISEN! Not my pawn! WTF is wrong with these damned myrmydons?!"

"Bah. WHy did I, once again did anything for that lazy Duke? Well, I killed some...Salamet ? Salatmet? whatever guy for him, who stole some ring. Well Duke ain't getting the ring back, if Mounteblank canhelp it. Such a sweet ring. That old hag won't need it anyway. Which reminds me that I found out that he's probably Arisen too. But when I ask him about it, or try to find his pawns, by asking mine, all they say is some gibberish about having enough money for the inn. It's like they're brainwashed. I understand that Duke doesn't talk to me. I did kinda screw his 14 year old wife. Even though I totally love my cousin Quina and gave her some special ring and all that. I'm a big pedo on the inside and can't help it. Judge me!"

"Salomet's words still echo in my head. He was right! I am the Arisen, not Duke's donkey! I can do whatever I want! Ok, Dragon, it's time for you to give me my heart back! No more will women I sleep with call guards in the morning, thinking I died from all the f*cking, when they notice my heart doesn't beat.
    After a loooong travel to the Great Wall, I was promptly stopped by a soldier. He said he can't let me pass. Why? I told him that I plan on slaying the Dragon, but he still didn't let me pass. Who does he think he is? Gandalf?! I tried attacking the guy, but all my attacks were stopped by him saying, that he won't let me pass. I brought my trusty bow and shot him over a hundred times, right between his eyes. Nothing. I blinded him, poisoned him, silenced him, threw pawns at him and nothing! I was desperate. I returned to Gran Soren and bought that strange arrow, from the bald guy with annoying kid. One time, this baby killed a Drake in a single hit. Poor soldier will never know what hit him. It may kill everybody in the camp, but the Dragon needs to die and they have no right to stand in my way!
    Nothing! Maker's Finger did nothing to the guy! WHO IS HE?! WHAT IS HE?! Why do we all hide in fear of the Dragon when there's this guy here?! He can probably take the Dragon on himself, Arisen, or no! WHAT'S GOING ON?!"

"F*ck this sh*t! F*ck the Duke! F*ck the immortal guard! I'm going to Bitterblack Island! I hear it's nice this time of year."

"There's this creepy girl that tells me something about her souls being...oh what the hell I don't remember, nor care. Ignoring her as the Arisen I am I went into the famed Bitterblack Island. Soon, I found yet another Arisen, who threatened me with golden dagger.
    Golden...
    Do me like what? 5 HP damage with those? Really?
    I noticed something strange about him. The way he moves when I talked to him...it was the same as the guy in Gran Soren's inn. Now that I think about it...every merchant and most people I talk to move the same way. Flaying their hands about.
    And I swear that the guy in Encampment sounds exactly like Asalam.
    Hmmm...
    I bet this is some sort of Salvation conspiracy!"

"DEATH! The friggin' grim reaper is here! I almost had to change my trousers! But he kinda fell into water and Brine got him. Brine...killed...death...
    WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BRINE?!
    Maybe I can ask it to kill the Dragon for me, seeing as it can take out the freaking scythe swinger in mere seconds."

"Ooooh a Minotaur and a Mimic. What? They're called Eliminator and Maneater? What idiot names these things? Whatever. Just don't get eaten again pawns."

"Ho ho ho, big scary demon is the boss here huh?
    Bah what can he do to me. I AM THE ARISEN!
    Why did nobody tell me that Daimon is a nudging Bruce Lee?! How come he can has Martial Arts?! What's next? Chuck Norris? Will a dragon pop out of his stomach, like some alien?! C'mon!"

"So the girl that brought me here told me the whole story. I have no idea what the hell is going on here. And it's pretty creepy in here too. Let's see how is Gransys handling the Dragon without it's Arisen. Maybe they'll let me go fight the goddamn lizard now."

"Nothing.
    Nobody gives a coitus! Where is the Dragon anyway. I haven't seen the guy for ages. Perhaps he died, or something. Or went senile and flew away with my heart.
    Oh, but guards still remember how I accidentally hit Fournival's daughter twenty three times with my greatsword and still want to arrest me. Immortal, nosferatu guard at Great Wall is still there. I tried spells this time. Tornado, earthquake, meteors, nothing. He doesn't give a ox."

"What's wrong with this world?!
    I would suicide, but I can't! I sometimes do, often in front of some chest and for no apparent reason, but every time I do, it's like there's some butthole who just won't let me die, nor decide my fate and always brings me back into this place."

Last edited by Sentiel on Tue May 28, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue May 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Just me being bored, so here goes.

From a fisherman's diary

"What a nice and peaceful day. I met Quina on this fine morning. Damn I want to bang her! Who cares if she's my cousin. We're all cousins in here. One big happy family.
    What is it in the distant sky? A bird? A plane? No! It's a DRAGON!...wait, forget the Dragon. What the hell is a plane I just spoke of? Ah nevermind.
    OMG A DRAGON!"

"Before I knew it I held a sword in my hand and went swinging it at the Dragon like a madman. It was as if somebody else possessed my body. It didn't took long, before the Dragon decided to squat me, like a bothersome fly. But it wasn't enough, he decided he needs to punish me for trying to kill him and ripped my heart out, while saying some Latin, ehm I mean Wyrmspeak gibberish.
    It hurts like F*CK, you know?!
    Don't remember much afterwards, but I did manage to get a peek into Quina's cleavage. Gotta pretend I'm unconscious to hide nosebleed."

From a ex-fisherman's diary

"I guess I lost too much blood from nosebleeding and fainted. I woke up in village chief's house, with a huge gaping scar on my chest. Imagine my surprise when the scar started to glow and I heard some voice talking to me. I thought I finally went cuckoo, but it was the Dragon speaking to me through the scar. It's some serious Dragon woodoo I tell you. And instead of doing the right thing, like Dorian Gray, I instead decided to go kill the Dragon and reclaim my heart. Well decided isn't the right word. It's more like I just did it, without having a say in the matter."

"Soon after I left chief's house, I met a guy who looked suspiciously like Nicolas Cage with a very ugly beard...who I have no idea who is... Well this Cagey guy ended up being a pawn, which is something not human, but looks human. Doesn't make any sense to me, but his palm glows like my chest does. I guess he also pissed the Dragon off, but got away only with a minor injury, unlike me."

"We arrived at the Encampnent, where I did something called tutorial and killed a half dead Cyclops. I'm so MLG...what?
    Ehm! Anyway, I met this hot chick named Caska...er, I mean Mercedes. I asked if she Benz, or if I can ride her, but she got kinda mad. Dunno why. I ask those things in autosalon every time...in what again?
    Then they made me create my own pawn. Feel like God!
    It was pretty kinky, but in the end I had no idea what I'm doing, but the results were....satisfying. big grin"

"You may ask, why have I left my hometown to search for the Dragon. Well, being badass fisherman like me, you don't fret over a missing heart, or two, but the Dragon made sure I will want to kill him. You see, I told the Dragon through my scar, that I have no intention of getting myself killed a second time. So he now sings to me in his horribly unacoustic voice, songs from a different time, from a different gender, every night, so I can't sleep. His most favourite is some song called Ganster Style, or Gangman, Gandam...I don't know, it's probably some Dragon nonesense. Each time he sings it a strong earthquake comes from the direction of Great Wall. You really can't sleep, nor enjoy a peaceful intercourse with fellow Cassardis cousin, or two, when he sings this. Not to mention that girls always freak out when my scar starts to glow and he suddenly says something like: 'Hey cutie, you come here often?'

Every...single...night...

THAT DRAGON MUST DIE!!!"
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:21 pm

How do I kill Death?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:25 pm

A philosophical question of our time. How do we kill what is in charge of taking the lives of others?

Simple, knock it into the brine.

For the brine eats everything, even the sentinels.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Note to self: Murder Grin one day...
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Oh, you love me even if you do deny it. Sun
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:37 pm

It's true... we should
    Spoiler:
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's true... we should
    Spoiler:

You'll come back one day, mister I'm to good to hang out with Grin!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:01 pm

if you want to kill death and get his drop items... well it depends on your class, if you can use a bow you spam blast arrows into his face while backing away to avoid the scythe... if you're a melee build... you know the sewer area before the "sparyard of scant mercy" that has a lot of those rift crystal lanterns? death shows up their a lot and is damaged by the aura the lamps give off when you first light them, basically kite him near a lamp then light it, after a few hp bars he'll run away but will maintain the damage he's taken, rinse, reload (to reset the lamps) and repeat till he dies.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Whatever class you are, switch to Ranger if you're Str, or Magick Archer, if you're Mag. Stack four corresponding Periapts and spam the guy. In Bloodless Stockade, Death spawns very often as it is the place where you must fight it on your first run. Aim for the hood and keep backing away.

Bring gear and pawns with 100% immunity to Sleep and make sure pawns have ranged attacks, or they will get scythe'd.

If Death doesn't know where you are, which is easily determined by music, turn off your lantern and don't give your pawns any, cos you can't remove them once they put them on. Death is blind to eveything but sources of light and what it's lantern illuminates. Take care that spells are also counted as a source of light, so better not cast anything long. If you use Preemption, you can get some decent damage to Death like this and if you use Ranger's Tenfold Flurry with Blast Arrows you can do two HP bars in one attack like this.

Around 20 Blast Arrows will stagger Death and it will fall on ground. Keep spamming those baddies and it won't be able to get up. Give one of your pawns 200 Blast Arrows and 8 Periapts and you're golden. Nonefold Bolt works wonders as well, especially if you combine it with Ricochet Hunter (Death is supposedly weak to Lightning, even though pawns claim it's weak to Holy).

If Death manages to chicken it, just go to a different area and return it will respawn until killed.

If you're worried about your pawns, I heard that the new Augment Tenacity has a 60% chance of making the pawn survive Death's scythe. Applies to Arisen as well. Haven't tried this myself, though, so I can't vouch for this last bit.

Hope it helps. ^^
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Well, I use Tenacity and I'd say it's closer to 40% or 50-50, at least in my experience. (Never with Death though, he just seems to ignore that 1 HP chance, it's been a 1-hit each time)

As for the suggestions, thanks, but I already knew about them. I was planning to switch to an Assassin or a Ranger at a later time in order to be able to handle Death, but I am a Sorcerer now (should have probably mentioned it, that's my bad) and I was wondering if I could take care of him with my current vocation.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 am

stand back and spam the staff charged shot with the holy pact buff on? death is weak to holy and at 2500 magic or more the charged shot really hurts so with the maxed holy buff that should give you the damage you need and the charged shot can be charged as you run and jump so that might help...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:29 am