Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
ICEFANG
xenon_nobelium
raecor14
reim0027
Tolvo
KrazykevS10
Animaaal
Rynn
Saturday-Saint
Dibsville
Jansports
15 posters

Tier 1 imports.(what is tier 1 again?)

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Tier 1 imports.(what is tier 1 again?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tier 1 imports.(what is tier 1 again?)

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 pm

I really wanna know:

Who coined this whole 'tier' thing? yesterday was first time i'd heard of it..

It seems like one of these new fads like when everyone decided to get special sigs or when it was cool to take covenants uber seriously or when everyone decided it wasn't cool to use magic..
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Tier 1 imports.(what is tier 1 again?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tier 1 imports.(what is tier 1 again?)

Post by Animaaal Sat May 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I really wanna know:

It seems like one of these new fads like when everyone decided to get special sigs or when it was cool to take covenants uber seriously or when everyone decided it wasn't cool to use magic..

I believe its been around since Demon's Souls, at least relative to this conversation.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat May 11, 2013 9:44 pm

just this. tier weapons are present in all RPG's
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Are you serious animal? I've been around the forums for... 18 months now and I've never heard any mention of weapon 'tiers' before yesterday
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Coulda just been this forum idk.

But I know the concept of tiering weapons has always been around any rpg based game as well as demon's, and dark souls for sure.

Hell, we started tiering weapons when dark came out, but that was a (to put it politely) a "different" forum.

***edit***
    like raecor said i guess.

***edit****
    by "different" forum, I mean a collection of a**bags.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat May 11, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat May 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Tier lists have been around for ages. For some reason it became super popular here about a week ago and we've had a new thread about them every day since.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat May 11, 2013 10:06 pm

its become popular because as a community we are at what is the dieing point of the game. the squeal is coming out, the top tier weapons are known by all and most of the players here have reached a high level of skill meaning that this top tier has changed. for most, we have specialized and are now locked into a specific playing style because we know the weapons, good points and bad points. I as a curved sword user can exploit it to its full effect. however it is an easy weapon to pick up, making it, when used by me and other people like me top tier. people are curious to see if any weapons can be made higher level because sadly soon a lot of us will leave, it has started, but its ok because dark souls 2 will revive the fourms.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat May 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Wow, reading that was like having somebody pull my soul out of my body, ***** slap it, and stick it back in. That is dark stuff, man. Dark stuff.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat May 11, 2013 10:16 pm

think about it though, i know that i have reached a stage where i no longer am interested with "expanding my skills" because they have made it to alpha level. ill make like 3 more guys, then ill just kinda hang out on here, helping those that remain. and join in some PVP in my spare time.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Dagger.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat May 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Dibsville wrote:Dagger.

Why? What criteria are you using to gauge weapons?

I really don't see how people can, in say a build thread post their build and explain why it has what it has (this armor looks cool and gives XX poise which I want for swinging this weapon and using these spells blahblahblah)

But you ask em what weapons they think are the best and most people clam up, not even a halfarsed "I win with it alot" just nothing.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 pm

>Fastest Weapon
    >Criticals
    >Can be buffed
    >Only weighs 0.5 units
    >Doesn't have high poise break, so people who try to tank it will get ripped apart
    >R2s are thrust attacks
    >Has one of the fastest recoveries in the game
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat May 11, 2013 10:36 pm

You forgot - highest DPS of any buffed weapon.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat May 11, 2013 10:36 pm

however dark souls is not a DPS game
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 11, 2013 10:38 pm

raecor14 wrote:however dark souls is not a DPS game

I'd argue with a buff it is as you're on a timer
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Falchion
    Go find one. :roll:

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 11, 2013 10:43 pm

raecor14 wrote:...ill just kinda hang out on here...

No you won't. silly I'm jonesin so bad man. :pale: I would test all poise break for all spells and GMB with it....and..... :affraid:

On topic:

Daggers t1?

-Need to be backstab and i-frame and spacing pro?

-Are backstabs really a complete fighting/build style?

-Could attunements help make this true?

-Isnt a weapons place in the tier primarily determined on how it functions solo?

Consdiering this I would say no i guess.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat May 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Tell that to the person who can be hit for over 1k in damage in a matter of a second.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Actually I'd say nuke builds on average get more kills, since they often surprise the enemy. And then all it takes is that one hit and it is over.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 10:51 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Tell that to the person who can be hit for over 1k in damage in a matter of a second.
    Assuming you're using SLB or DMB, it's about two seconds.
    Havel pls.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat May 11, 2013 11:01 pm

I sadly have to agree is Raecor. Every game reaches a point where all the pros get so good it is nigh impossible for new people to join in due to the skill gap, and then the pros get so bored with the same tactics over and over again that they will move on to the next game, leaving only the people dedicated to the game and new people making small, sad attempts at these people that know every little tidbit of the game.

Guys, we are going to become like Modern Warfare 2 eventually.

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat May 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Daggers are no good. They're only useful for critical attacks, and usually some other weapon is better at that than they are.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 11, 2013 11:06 pm

No I hope not.

There is a point at which you say skill is done, what's next?

This is next imo, we try and decide if there is an existing t1, t1, etc, etc, etc.

Also imo its all for fun really. Hearing different sides of one vets take on objective playstyles, might lead to an understanding of how to equal out imbalances with community agreed upon theories.

It does not have to be "pushed" or imposed upon other players, but the human element can improve just as well as hinder an idea or experience.

BOT:

Is this proposed hybrid tier supposed to be in consideration of a weapon's ability to stand alone? It might changes of few opinions of my own.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat May 11, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : structure/grammer)
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat May 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Tiers based totally on whatever criteria you choose, it's YOUR tier list.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun May 12, 2013 12:03 am

Animaaal wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:...ill just kinda hang out on here...

No you won't. silly I'm jonesin so bad man. :pale: I would test all poise break for all spells and GMB with it....and..... :affraid:

On topic:

Daggers t1?

-Need to be backstab and i-frame and spacing pro?

-Are backstabs really a complete fighting/build style?

-Could attunements help make this true?

-Isnt a weapons place in the tier primarily determined on how it functions solo?

Consdiering this I would say no i guess.

ill stay on here, i have less of a life than most of the people here silly i have plenty of time to help people enjoy a game that has taken up a reasonable proportion of my life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:08 pm