Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Forum Pirate
bloodpixel
Tolvo
Dark75Messiah
kennereth
d15-149
PlasticandRage
Teh_hapy_octopus
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
Baynay
kyoke
meridam99
Whknight
BLA1NE
Jarlaxe
JY4answer
sen545331
menianoon
Scudman_Slayer
OmniBot
Whintir
JohnnyHarpoon
Liff Daddy
User
PoofyPhantom
Yarxov
Serious_Much
arathorn13
Soulkrazy
Cloudrunner
Villain1
RANT
Prinny
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
aceluby
The_Tao
nsane32
Godless Servant
Maneater_Mildred
jjshowal
strangejoy
Glutebrah
bradnak
48 posters

Your ONE fatal mistake during pvp

bradnak

Your ONE fatal mistake during pvp Empty Your ONE fatal mistake during pvp

Post by bradnak Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

What is the single most frequent error you make during pvp that gets you killed.

For me, I'm always too impatient. I hate just circling around and playing footsie, so aggressively take the fight to the other guy. Of course, this inevitably leads to a BS if I miss. Along the same lines, I never just circle around a pillar waiting for their buff to expire. This is not to say I try to tank with high poise and stunlock the other guy, more like a flurry of roll-and-strike from all directions and receiving a BS for the ill-time roll.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Your ONE fatal mistake during pvp Empty Re: Your ONE fatal mistake during pvp

Post by Glutebrah Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Missing with avelyn.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:25 pm

My most common error is flipping/rolling into my enemy, which almost always gets me bs'd. It's a bad habit acquired from pvp in Demons Souls. As far as I know, it almost never works in DkS (maybe I'm wrong), but it was a fine move in Demons Souls.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:28 pm

emptying my stamina getting too swing happy, completely leaving myself vulnerable. it happens all the time.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Forget to swap my gold serpent ring out when farming and get invaded, then remember right after my 1st fatman roll... Crap not again... Die.... Swear never to drink and play ever again.... Crack open a new drink on the way to get body again.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Not using buffs or Loydd's Talismans, I can't be bothered for some reason even though I know I should use them. I will eventually use them.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:41 pm

I normally people just stand there blocking so I do a jump attack miss BS :x
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Underestimating my miracle casting time. so many times I've been crushed waiting for Gravelord Sword dance to start...
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:48 pm

and some times people are extremely laggy I use a spell they get damaged and I get BACK STABED!!!!!! :x
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Trying to cast when someone is obviously going for a BS. I've gotten better, but even then I forget to switch to 2h when wielding my claymore.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 pm

try to run, I did only once and did not ended very well, so I never do it again, if I see the oponnent is much stronger than me, I just try to parry or something but I never run
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm

i'm usually too cautious and just circle and forget to attack aaand then i get stunlocked...
    Prinny
    Prinny

Post by Prinny Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:25 pm

when I'm under pressure I tend to attempt to cast with my shield on and block with my catalyst out. not often but its the first thing that comes to mind
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i'm usually too cautious and just circle and forget to attack aaand then i get stunlocked...

I hate people like you that just circle. I dont even use a shield.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:33 pm

trying some new tactics lately hammer weapons have been useful of late, and you can't be too cautious without them losing most of their effectiveness. must sell all spears and great shields and practice pvp...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:33 pm

i get impatient when people just circle around me either trying to bs me or just stay back for the longest of time, i finally just get sick of it and start swinging and get bs'd, it pisses me off so much when they run away to heal, i just black crystal out cause theyre just a waste of my time and 99% of the time i get like two thousand souls, lame.
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Wearing the Cat Covenant Ring and assuming I wasn't going to be matched up against two Sunbros and their host, all sporting endgame equipment while I quivered behind my Scimitar+5.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Villain1 wrote:Wearing the Cat Covenant Ring and assuming I wasn't going to be matched up against two Sunbros and their host, all sporting endgame equipment while I quivered behind my Scimitar+5.

Your only mistake in that scenario is quivering. Get back in the forest and kill some sunbros!
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 pm

I also make the mistake of rolling or moving against my opponent. As soon as I get that close, I'm immediately backstabbed.
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm

doing the first move after getting impatient over an invader whos obviously in it for the BS. sheesh!
    arathorn13
    arathorn13
    Casual
    Casual

Post by arathorn13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:17 pm

"Swear never to drink and play ever again"

I always suck after hitting the pub, but stay up playing in the forest anyway. Tried to stun someone with great heal last night.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:27 pm

first time invasion, rush the guy and get pivoted lol

back in the days when all griefers were elite bastards, stood no chance.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm starting to really feel bad at PvP knowing I lose alot to drunk players...

My most common mistake is simply gear, I might be in the middle of PvE with a Giant's Halberd, or might invade with a Silver Spear hoping to get a turtle and get the worst possible opponent for a spear.

But another 'Fail factor' would just be matching, just like Villian1, invade to be put up against two sunbros with Giant armor and BKGA while I'm quivering with my SKS+5.
    PoofyPhantom
    PoofyPhantom

Post by PoofyPhantom Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Bowing before dishonourable duelists...

Will I ever learn?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Not throwing my controller at the Screen, after I die by the stupidous of causes. For example, lag stabbers, rolling off cliffs behind me, which are now in front of me, the enemy using more than 12 soul spears, and seemingly the last soul spear they cast hits and kills me. The grip of being attacked by three against one in my world, and being killed by cornering myself. Trying to battle a dude with heavy armor, and they do not even move from attacks (except the DGH). Death by WoG, while unable to roll or block for the second and final blow from it.

The mistakes we make... Not smashing my television during the repetition was one of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:27 am