Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Soris Ice Goldwing
Tolvo
Encore
Serious_Much
Elifia
Dibsville
10 posters

Philosophy Time

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Philosophy Time - Page 7 Empty Re: Philosophy Time

Post by Dibsville Fri May 31, 2013 8:07 pm

I made my reasoning. You just won't see from my point of view, so you say my argument is flawed. Just because you won't change your views doesn't mean mine are wrong. This topic can be discussed to the end of time. Why? Because it is a paradox. A paradox can never be solved, which is why it's called a damn paradox. My views differ from yours, which is the point of a paradox. From my point of view, your ideas are also flawed, but at least I consider your ideas instead of thinking of them as outright wrong.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Dibs you were factually wrong though, you wouldn't work with definitions that exist for the sake of communication and seemed to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.

Either you know very little of the subject matter, or you're just trolling us. Personally I'm more inclined to believe the latter with how unreasonable you have been, as such I have reported the thread for trolling. In either case it should probably be closed due to all of the religious discussions going on here and how it may make people uncomfortable.

EDIT: This is my last post in the thread, I'm done feeding the troll.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 pm

It's because your logic is flawed not different from my opinion. Let me point out a few obvious flaws in your argument.

1) The rock is omnipotent if it can't be lifted- obviously it just has to be heavier than what god can lift, it doesn't meann it's omnipotent.

2) The rock is not a being. It's an inanimate REALLY HEAVY object

3)The rock cannot be omnipotent- it's not capable of action. If something is incapable of action then it cannot be omnipotent, by definition.

I'm not being a prick here dibs, I'm explaining to you that your argument isn't a possible explanation in any way.

I'm leaving too.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Reads the first 2 pages. Hears a rock get mentioned. Skips to the last 2 pages...still talking about rock.

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 31, 2013 8:16 pm

@Tolvo
    It's a paradox, there's not facts about it. It's an unsolvable conundrum that can be discussed until there are no possibilities left to discuss.

And each one of the possibilities contradict each other.

I also think you missed the point of the thread. Serious was the one who brought up the topic, not me. I am not trolling, nor am I stupid. My arguments are valid and can be supported, just as yours can. The exception is that I am part of the minority on this subject.

Either way, I'd agree that the religious discussion from before was a little overboard. But again, that was not my doing, you're the one who brought it up, not me. You two both disagree with me just because I'm arguing against something that you both brought up. If you didn't want me to argue, then you shouldn't have said it. It's that simple.

If you honestly think that I'm stupid just because of something you did, then you're probably biased against me somehow. Don't judge me because I disagree with you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 pm

I will break my silence to say I have zero bias against anyone on this forum dibs. I make a point to try and get on with everyone and treat all fairly and equally, even with banter and discussion.

I don't think you're stupid either, I think you've just misunderstood the aim of the discussion i proposed, which took it off track
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm sorry, but please, reread everything I've said. I say something, then one of you disagrees, then I try to validate my point, and one of you brings up something on a somewhat related subject, but different in a way.

I did nothing to take this thread off track, I've only been responding to what you guys have said. You can see that if you reread it. I did not misunderstand.

Tolvo gave up a suggestion, God could remove his omnipotencty, then I said that would mean that he could not get it back, as the boulder would now be omnipotent. It went from there.

I did nothing to get off track, I only answered you guys and defended my own posts.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

This is still silly.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Look dibs, I'm just leaving the thread now. I'm very sorry but I believe the discussion is over. Who's fault it is matters not now, and really that nothing is ever only one person's fault.

However dibs you made a personal comment on my integrity, which you will understand as a person in a position of responsibility is not something I should be and I'm saddened you feel that way. I reiterate again, I have no bias whatsoever dibs. I'm now leaving as nothing good is coming of this thread.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 pm

If I made a comment against you, I apologise.

But then again, Tolvo came to two conclusions: Either I was stupid or I was trolling. Looking at my post count and join date, as well as the type of posts that I commit to here, any person biased to me being a spammer who doesn't actually take comments to consideration would come to those conclusions immediately. There are many other reasons why I may be doing what I'm doing, but the fact is he came to the conclusion that it was one of those two, and in fact, it was neither.

Either way, it was fun at first, but at the end I felt like a victim, so my posts are defensive. Do not misjudge me and think that I'm someone who will go around to insult people, because off of the top of my head I can only think of two people on the entire forums that I dislike.

I did not mean to be derogatory if I did insult you, but look at it from my point of view. I'm being called both stupid and a troll, as well as being told I am utterly wrong and flawed. I think anyone in my position would defend themselves too, but I simply took it to the next level because that's just the type of person I am.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Fri May 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Enough of this pointless back and forth, take it to PMs.

I have no issues with anyone discussing serious matters and concepts in an organised fashion. This thread is lacking on a set of rules to debate by, and thus descends into pointless argumentative without backing or logical thought, where people purposefully twist semantics and apply absurdity to try and justify fallacies.

If you continue with this, I will have to close the thread as it will inevitably lead to personal attacks between posters
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 pm

I apologise Fex. If you would, could you please close the thread as of right now? It's not going to end well.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 pm

I actually do have bias against people, but I generally do my best to throw my prejudice aside when posting. I admit that sometimes I forget to, while I think Dibs is wrong about many things in this thread he is right about one thing, I could have been a lot more polite about how I went about discussing things. I apologize for my liberal use of words like retarded and troll.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:12 pm