Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 7 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:58 am

yeah i figured poison daggers would work, but i didn't have any at the time so i had to play the circle dance with him. I bought 99 poison daggers so i should be ready for next time
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 7 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:58 am

I'm considering updating my page 1 mini-bio to note that I am the master of the partial parry.  I've been trying to parry more lately and I'm about a 90-95% favorite to partial any time I attempt a parry lately.  I nailed I annoying DWGR-scythe user 1st time and foiled a chain attempt last week.  Lately I haven't hit any parries, but I rarely whiff totally.

Guess what, Soris; the weirdness continues to follow me around.  I had another elevator glitch on me.  It moved with nobody at the switch while I was getting on (3 people were on the stairs, so it wasn't the other switch) -- close call!  I killed at white after the stairs stopped trippin' and the other blue killed the host.  I also had a lag-switching hacker.  He seemed to cancel the MLGS R2*, but it could have been lag, cause I took some unexplained chip damage while he was still like 40 feet away.  However, there was no shock wave.  I tried to run to get a chance to sign out and got pulled back 60 or 70 feet to take a BS.  I still hate DWGR more than hackers.  

However, I'm softening up on dark bead -- which may be the weirdest thing yet.  It bailed me out of a vicious lag stab. A guy ran and healed on me and went into turtle mode.  I only have dark bead on a few builds as throw away spell -- I've hardly ever used it.  I decided to try and break his guard and right as I cast he came farward, I backed up and shot the DB while he was well in front of me, but Dark Souls doesn't care about that and he gets a BS animation anyway.  Except the dark bead hits him and kills him as he's starting the BS, he dies and I fall & get up like I got BSed. confused  Shrug   I'll take it! happy   It was nice to catch a fish and to do so with a spell that usually trolls me.  I've been on at weird hours lately and the lag is pretty bad playing with people across an ocean from me.  I've been getting fairly frustrated.  I can tell I'm starting to hollow -- I even decided to use dark bead as a wakeup attack.  He was an annoying fishing ganker, at least.  So, perhaps I have some humanity left.

*I also could have sworn that a random cancelled a Quelaag's Fury Sword R1 during the Guerrilla Warfare event.  Is that possible?  I know it can't be done legally, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether that's a thing or not.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:39 am

k i got ten kills in painted world and ten in dukes, tomorrow im moving on to the forest. My velka hav mercy on my soul
      I chimed in the chat each time i killed someone, if u guys need proof
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 am

also there was more traffic on xbox then i thought there would be, but people in dukes are almost always jerks. There was this one guy who asked me to leave, I said "No but i will let u open up the shortcut and give u a humanity". I get that some people are playing though and don't want to loss progress. So i did this, so he wouldn't loss anything. Then when he finally opens up the short cut and fights me he heals mid fight, I was so pissed that i forgot my talisman was in my hand and ended up using tranquil walk of peace instead of guarding with my shield. Which caused me to die.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:15 am

Eotw submission. This may not be one of the most original, but it is one of the few times i won in a gank fight. It is called
    "Horrible Surprise"
    So today I was hunting in dukes looking for some ears. I invade this one dude and immediately see the "summoning phantom" flashing on the screen. "I had not been having too much luck in dukes that day and this made me sigh inside". I get down by the bonfire and turns out no one is there. I figured they had moved on and were trying to get to the boss, or they were waiting for me somewhere. I proceeded down the stairs that lead to the out side when suddenly heard a yell of pain that made me jump. I quickly turn around to see one of the crystal soldiers die. "It was probably a delayed death from lag".  This made me cautious so I went ahead and sunlight buffed my obsidian sword and moved on to the wooden platform. I turn and immediately see a white phantom in havels with a dragon head. I thought for sure I was dead, but the guy didn't attack "must of hesitated or something". I punish him by quickly turning around and back stabbing him. Then I wrath of god him off the wooden plank which killed him. At the same time the host "who was wearing havels with some kind of katana" had climbed up the latter but he got hit by the same wrath of god that killed his friend, before he could get a bs in. Once he recovered he tried to r1 spam me with his katana, so i r1 spammed him with my sunlight buffed obsidian great sword. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 am

yo ice not gonna mention we ran into each other and TRADED
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 am

lol i totally forgot to post about that, was pretty awesome never been randomly invaded by someone i know before.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 am

Icegodzilla wrote:Eotw submission. This may not be one of the most original, but it is one of the few times i won in a gank fight. It is called
    "Horrible Surprise"
    So today I was hunting in dukes looking for some ears. I invade this one dude and immediately see the "summoning phantom" flashing on the screen. "I had not been having too much luck in dukes that day and this made me sigh inside". I get down by the bonfire and turns out no one is there. I figured they had moved on and were trying to get to the boss, or they were waiting for me somewhere. I proceeded down the stairs that lead to the out side when suddenly heard a yell of pain that made me jump. I quickly turn around to see one of the crystal soldiers die. "It was probably a delayed death from lag".  This made me cautious so I went ahead and sunlight buffed my obsidian sword and moved on to the wooden platform. I turn and immediately see a white phantom in havels with a dragon head. I thought for sure I was dead, but the guy didn't attack "must of hesitated or something". I punish him by quickly turning around and back stabbing him. Then I wrath of god him off the wooden plank which killed him. At the same time the host "who was wearing havels with some kind of katana" had climbed up the latter but he got hit by the same wrath of god that killed his friend, before he could get a bs in. Once he recovered he tried to r1 spam me with his katana, so i r1 spammed him with my sunlight buffed obsidian great sword. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.
    GG
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 am

That looks like a good fight to me ice and Ash how is the business going?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 am

Morning, my friends!

@ Hugh: We have to play together! LOL Your "weird happenings" actually sound like fun!

Murk and I had a weird happening when we were doing a low level run. We were at the start in the Burg. Murk had another summon but he never appeared so we went off to the demon. Then suddenly someone, somewhere was killing npcs but not in the Burg! When we got to the single archer on top of the tower we hear the Red Dragon take off! More Npc's are being killed by someone, somewhere but definitely not in the Burg.

We kill the Demon meet up to kill the Boar. The Boar is dead along with all the npcs in the Parish!

We never did see the other phantom.

@ Ice: That was a good story!
    @ Lord of Ash: Forever the businessman! silly 
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:36 pm

I lika da biznez
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:03 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:@ Hugh: We have to play together! LOL Your "weird happenings" actually sound like fun!
    raised brow raised brow Did I ever say "weird happenings"? raised brow raised brow  I remember writing it, but I thought I ended up re-wording it.  I don't see it anywhere, so I'm curious why you say "weird happenings". worried 
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:54 am

She is just putting it in speechmarks for emthasis happy
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:43 am

Seth Winternight wrote:She is just putting it in speechmarks for emthasis happy
    Yes! Seth knows well enough! silly
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Er, hello there Messengers!

You see, I'm a forum member who wanted to join the covenant, but I have a small problem...

You see I'm on PC and going Darkmoon on PC is basically asking for many failed invasions since to invade someone, the host must be both human and a sinner.

So what I'm asking is: Are there any places that you consider for me to invade as a Darkmoon? Otherwise I don't think I'll be able to contribute at all.

Places I have attempted to invade, but always got failed invasions:
    Painted World
    Burg
    Township
    Parish
    Izalith and Demon Ruins

The only place I get Darkmoon invasions (albeit rarely) is the Forest or Kiln.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 pm

guess u have tried anor londo right? besides that it seems like you have tried all of the hotspots. Then again i don't have the pc version so im not sure if it has different invasion hotspots
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Res you basically tried all of my invasion area Res I really am not sure.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Wish I could help too, Res. Though I have the PC version I haven't played it (yet). I should.

Have you checked in the PC Section to see if anyone has suggestions? Oh, and in the PVP Section their are a couple peeps running PC FC's they might have suggestions.

@ Soris: How is our Painted World Guardian doing these days? I hope all is well! And that the Muse of Good Fortune follows you.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 pm

That title is well hung up these days Ahho. I play when I can but my school work has consumed the majority of my time and mom says no games at night or when she is home so I have to play on weekend mornings which I wont or at dads. So playing is a when I can now.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:That title is well hung up these days Ahho. I play when I can but my school work has consumed the majority of my time and mom says no games at night or when she is home so I have to play on weekend mornings which I wont or at dads. So playing is a when I can now.
    Yeah, I understand. But at least we have you on the forum! And that is good!! biggrin 
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:44 am

Hey Res; first I'm in the same boat as everyone else as I don't have PC, but the first thing I'd say is put the covenant ring on so you'll have a chance to invade dark Anor Londo no matter where you are.  Then try invading AL with the orb as well and other spots where people might summon help.  I've recently found Duke's to be more active than I might have thought, New Londo is dead if your hosting, but it might be ok for invading people looking for help with the 4 kings.  Maybe try some of the other DLC areas too.  Oh, try the Depths too.  I like to invade at level 100 and up, because I can have well rounded characters, but I think the depths is pretty good at 50-80 for Darkmooning.  I should make a few toons in that range and experiment.  You're more than welcome to join in any case.  There are no minimum requirements for joining.

-----

I did a bunch of invasions earlier in the week and didn't really bother making any notes for EotW, then the week kinda got away from me.  I hopped on last night to try and get a few kills in and actually gave up after about an hour with only two invasions.  The first was a boss challenge and the second was a guy in all black with the fog ring, who only shot arrows at me.  Two blues gave up while I was there.  I finally switched to my fastroll setup and put on the fog ring myself.  I was able to flush him out and he ran for the painting room (again).  When another blue invaded he DCed. angry   

However, halfway through writing this I got a kill on a guy who healed, ran and tried to summon.  I call it:

Summoner failed.

I got the dreaded Dark AL blue eye invasion, I get to the Sentinel room and I see the host waiting by the spawn point near the fog.  I switch to the fastroll setup, I'm pretty sure he's solo and most of the solo campers are BS-fish pros.  Pretty much what I expected; roll spam with an occasional R1 -- except he's not very laggy.  I get a couple of hits in then stun-lock him.  Unfortunately, I don't think he can toggle; so when I went to BS the parry that never came I probably gave away a classic R1/R1/R1/R1/R1 kill. sad   He heals behind a pillar and plays hide n go seek with the pillar (GG -- I must admit he totally pwned me at hide n go seek).  Eventually he tops off to full health as I try to "snipe" him with a Lloyd's from the stairs. silly Then like a starter gun went off somewhere he sprints outside.  I follow cautiously with HCSM cast.  I get down to about where the Lady of the Darkling would be and I see his green haze by where you fight the first gargoyle.  He actually started to come towards me and I tried to draw him onto the stairs.  I don't think I had to worry about lagstabs that much, but I like to mock people who run and refuse to engage, give 'em a little of their own medicine. silly He turns and heads for the summon signs at the start of the level.

Good!  I follow him, but I sprint away as if I'm going to hide/wait for for help as soon as soon as he summoned.  Now, he wants to chase me!  *Rubs hands together with fiendish delight* I still have HCSM, when I get on the stairs, I two-hand my MLGS, spin around and hit R2.  Everything lands!  1200+ damage and I'm pretty sure that didn't include all the soul masses.  He gets knocked down and I do another R2, which he can't avoid -- GG, RIP in Peace. 

...I wonder how often "summon failed" really means "summoner failed"?

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Ok, submissions for last weeks EotW have closed.  There were no objections to allowing Robs submission to be allowed for week 3, so it's officially EotW for week 3!  Once again here is robsthedon's submission which I have dubbed "Dualing in the Burg":  

robsthedon wrote:I'm vading the burg with my velkas build 40dex40int, set-up for duels (no catalyst). I get a few nice duels, then i vade 2 gankers they hornet ring bs me, I'm dead, this happens again a bit later. Anyway a few vades later I get them again, I manage to run to the roof where the throwing thives are. The host is standing where you 1st see the wyvern with dgm and havels shield, and the phantom is coming up the ladder, I quickly swap my shield for the TCC, swap my back up weapon to a g.tracer now im looking for BDCR damn it's bb'd same with the crown of dusk, by this time the phantom is up the ladder, I avoid the bs he avoids my dark bead, but not the second, I pull out the tracer and let him have it, he is backing away all the time while the host spams the estus. He bleeds we both fall to the opposite side away from the host, boom plunging attack finish. I pop a hum, swap back to my shield and g.tracer for shotel. I meet the host in the small room, he can't swing his dgm three hits from the shotel and he's down.
    That means voting for last week's submissions are officially open.  Here they are:

Horrible Surprise:

summon-er failed:

Congrats to Robs, well done!  Be sure to vote for last week's submissions and to submit for this week.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:33 pm

well my vote is for Summoner failed
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Summer failed is my vote.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:11 am

My vote is for Horrible Surprise.  Good to see votes already.  Let's see some submissions now!  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 pm