Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 13 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Ferrous Mathias Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks, Hugh! So, do I just start invading MoV style? Got a chatpad today to expedite messaging sinners big grin

I invaded an invisible guy in the Archives yesterday. Searched every inch. It was bizarre in that no enemies were dead, the serpent soldier you kill to get the cell key was still alive, and the doors holding in the Pisaca (Pisacas?) were closed. He was one of few people playing though and I ended up invading him 5 or 6 times.

I had a pretty fun kill that made up for it, though. I chased a sinner through the Archives and he slid down the ladder behind the sliding bookcase. When I got to the top of the ladder, I looked down to see him standing behind the ladder at the bottom, thinking he was pretty clever. I thought so too for about half a second before I had an idea. I applied Sunlight blade to my obsidian greatsword, leapt over to the ledge across from the ladder, and then rolled towards him and plunged. I died, of course, but thankfully did enough damage to take him out.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 13 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Well done for a cunning and colorful kill!  Make sure to check out the OP, I quoted the section on ranking up for convenience below.  Check out the MoV Handbook (post 3) too and feel free to contribute.  

The Ear of the Week (post 4) program has been suspended unfortunately.  I would like to resume it, or better yet come up with a replacement for it.  The idea was to encourage more active participation in the thread.  BTW; I'm still looking for ideas on this.  I haven't forgot about it totally -- just put it on the back burner.

rules wrote:
    How to Rank up.

Captains will oversee the process and award promotions after the completion of the specified tasks.  Captains may also award promotions to Messengers for worthy contributions to the covenant.  

Rank 1-2. To advance from rank 1 to rank 2 you must have shown true skill in battle in The Painted World, Demon Ruins, The Duke's Archives and light Anor Londo. You must collect ten souvenirs in a day at 4 separate occasions.

Rank 2-3. To advance to rank 3 you must prove even more skill in battle. 20 souvenirs from the forest, 20 from the Tomb of the Giants, 20 from Dark Anor Londo, 20 from Township or Burg (Depths for those without the DLC). After you have gotten these you will also need to prove yourself against an officer.

Rank 3-4. To advance to an officer rank you will have to show brave heroism in battle. Taking down target enemy figure in wars and impressing Captains will get you the rank. I will inform you if you earned a promotion. After a promotion, it is customary to have a duel with me. Whether you win or lose will not affect your promotion. It is just a rite of passage.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Hugh I am still going to say to keep it the EoW on hold till we get new members in or anyone returning. As for me I got one night to play so I will do that on Friday.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 am

I always wanted to post a story for the Ear of the Week. But it seemed like i never came across a good enough story that i felt was worth posting. I feel bad I've never posted anything. I'll try harder as a messenger to participate, post stories, builds, and general experiences.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Well tonight will be the first time in a while I played and I will enjoy it. I'm going to use my sl 14 for the night.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:30 pm

PhyscoAsaSin55 wrote:I always wanted to post a story for the Ear of the Week. But it seemed like i never came across a good enough story that i felt was worth posting. I feel bad I've never posted anything.
    No worries. big grin

PhyscoAsaSin55 wrote:I'll try harder as a messenger to participate, post stories, builds, and general experiences.
    Good man! Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 13 Bloodtrail

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Well tonight will be the first time in a while I played and I will enjoy it. I'm going to use my sl 14 for the night.
    Good for you, happy hunting Captain Goldwing!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 pm

If it is possible I do want to try and fight some of you guys if that is possible. It would be nice to see what I still can do.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

I could use some practice ... your on Xbox?

if so give me an SL i may have to make a new build.

my GT is the same as my user name PhyscoAsaSin55

Last edited by PhyscoAsaSin55 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:35 am

hmmm what a practice match? sure im in my gt: IceGodzilla777

which reminds me i haven't played dark souls in like a week. I've been kinda playing alot of pokemon x and y
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:26 pm

i have completed half the mission i have 20 ears from township and 20 from the forest.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:27 am

Great work, Physco!  

----

BTW, how'd it go Captain Goldwing?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 am

Okay so sl 14 is my knife maid build with all thief gear but a heater shield. I have the wolf ring and the hornet ring for kills and defense, dex is 18 and the bandit knife is +15. This build only has the forest to invade so here is how it went.

First guy: What? The guy was a pryo with a two-hand scythe who all he did was run attacks kill me then Look Skyward Point Down . Sent him a sl 14 pal and get a "called I dnt give a *** u suck" I send "yeah says the guy who did only a run attack with high level gear" him "what the hell try +3." me "Try base level" No response.

Second guy: Elite Knight with a black knight shield BSS. I threw a few knives he is in the defensive. I mis-stepted and got a hit on me and then the hit I thought was going to kill me I parried and riposted him for 978. Dead.

Third: High level sl in tarkus with a gold phantom. Great I am dead. Nope the host saw me and killed himself.

Fourth: New player who pissed off the forest hunter cov. he was getting hit bad by the knight and being tho oh so honorable thief joined in and hit the guy with the grass shield and the knight, who was too slow for us, was hitting to. The guy does something I never seen. He fast rolled into a backstab from me which killed him. It was mid-fast roll bam backstab. Killed him.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Double post the lack of blood flowing needs this.

I also have to mention I have a bunch of Fridays open for two months to go to my dad to play so I can pick and choose hehe. Lucky few days for me.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:31 pm

robsthedon wrote:
    Mass Invasion
    24 Hour Event
    Starts 3rd Nov 00:00 GMT

link

This is a great opportunity to merge our noble causes. Please join our allies in this assault on the Painted World.

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm

lol I have a party then, but i should be able to do this in the morning

so are we also darkmooning in PW or are we just walking in and letting them invade us? seems like if everyone is invading then there won't be too many hosts
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Hmm, not sure if I'll have time to play Sunday. I haven't had much luck invading in PW (maybe I will when my sl100 is ready), so maybe I'd just try and get invaded.

At any rate, I will try and get me some ears in PW, DR, DA, or light AR on Saturday. I was going to do that last weekend and ended up starting a new sl100 build instead, which I'll hopefully have finished by then.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 pm

I can't make it Hugh, Sundays are not for game nights due to school.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 am

ill be there hugh.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 am

We will definitely be invading.  

@ Godzilla; Don't forget that' GMT, which is 5 hours ahead of the east coast and 8 hours ahead of the west coast in the US.

@Sorris; I was afraid of that. sad Keep track of your score anyway to give us all a target to shoot for. winking
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks Hugh, appreciate the support happy

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:
    Mass Invasion
    24 Hour Event
    Starts 3rd Nov 00:00 GMT

link

This is a great opportunity to merge our noble causes.  Please join our allies in this assault on the Painted World.  

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 am

O yeah i looked it up in the time converter and that is too late for me to join. sorry
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 13 Empty The Blue Shroud

Post by Paragon Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:55 am

I have once again deemed it necessary to don the blue cloak of vengeance! I will raise my sword and join in this glorious assault. Let us join together with our brothers and sisters in exile and smite down the wicked in the name of Priscilla and Velka.

Due to my excitement over the Dark Souls II beta, I hereby promise to be more active in this thread and fulfill my duties as an officer. I've been shirking my Dark Souls duties alot lately so I dont know if i still deserve the title of officer but I will earn it back through spirited effort. I will be able to play through most of the event and I hope to share stories of my adventures in the painted world with everyone here and those in the exiled.

Looking forward to playing with yall again.

Sincerely,
    Paragon
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:05 am

I've been taking a break from Dark Souls recently as well.  I've also had some problems with my computer which has made posting a pain of late.  I think I fixed it, so I should be back to my long-winded self. winking  But, not in this post. silly
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 pm

So until I figure out an issue with emails that control certain parts to my account I wont be on the game for a while. I should have had everything set to one account instead of two.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:50 pm

I did play Thursday.  I was worried about being rusty and I was a bit off parrying the silver knights while waiting for an invasion.  Oddly enough though, I hit 2 of my first 3 parry attemempts in PVP.  But, I only got one riposte. angry   I think I was too quick actually.  I was determined not to be late.  Sometimes if you're really quick in pve you won't get a riposte.  In fact; you can do a 'burrito' (R1, then riposte) with one weapon if you get lucky.  I'm more worried about missing ripostes by being late because of lag online though.

All in all things went well.  I invaded by the first gargoyle spot in dark AL.  the stairs were down and the host wasn't around, so I tried to scrape off all the HCSMs (I ended up just waiting out the last one) and put on the fog ring expecting to get sniped with a great bow either on the rafters or on my way.  Sure enough there's a guy on the balcony with a great bow.  He missed twice -- I'd like to think because he had to rush his shot because he couldn't see me (otherwise we're both wasting our time).  I made short work of him once I got to him.  Nevertheless I always enjoy sticking it to trolls. big grin  So, it was a very satisfying kill for me.

Paragon and I got in the MoV chat and after not being able to sync up for duels tried invading dark AL.  I had beat a pair of gankers twice (once flawlessly), but was in trouble on a third.  What I thought was a random blue showed up (turned out to be Paragon) while I'm back-peddling onto the staircase to heal.  The white had a rapier and I had triple-digit poise, so I just popped a humanity right in his face.  He ran -- rightly so --I chase him to see the host running from the blue.  I cast a CSS and he ran right into it!  

Later we got together to trade in New Londo.  We went through all the ghosts and dorkwraiths and were concocting a 4 Kings plan outside the fog.  Paragon realizes at this point he doesn't have the covenant of Artorias ring.  I have two (thanks, Dom) but, you can't trade it. I was able to drop it, but Paragon couldn't see it.  BTW, I was totally going to forget to put the ring on!  LOL silly So it's a good thing you didn't have it!

So, we went to the dreaded forest together and get this: not only did I not get summoned by a ganker before Paragon got me... later on someone else got me in front of the ceaseless discharge fog of all places.  Go figure.  We were only invaded once and we took out the cats and the non-respawning NPC forest gankers.  Apparently Paragon and I hit simultaneous parry/ripostes on separate enemies -- I didn't see it. sad   After we killed Sif, I had to convince Paragon that Sif was a she.  Unimpressed with my knowledge of Norse mythology (Sif is the name of Thor's wife) he seemed more convinced after I pointed out that I was underneath Sif during the fight. big grin

Some of you know Paragon is not a fan of magic and likes to keep PVE challenging.  So, when bosses die too quick in co-op he is apt to get upset.  In fact, sometimes he makes mages promise not to use magic before he goes through the boss fog.  I was mostly using MLGS (I spammed DB at ceaseless -- but we were cheesing him anyway).  But, Paragon was disappointed in the challenge.  So, I used an enchanted halberd against the demon fire mage.  "Still too easy".  I unequipped my main weapon entirely and just used Velka's rapier. LOL  Fire sage would have been straight forward solo, but the Centipede demon was very annoying.  For the second centipede fight Paragon summoned a second phantom to give the boss more health, planning to BC him after entering the fog.  I made him keep the phantom; we all have our quirks. silly  I almost died twice trying to do decent damage with a rapier.  Finally I got PO'd and fired 4 CSSs at it. LOL  "So much for rapier only".  Shrug 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:50 pm