Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 14 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 pm

new edit: it has come to my attention that the host in this video is persona non grata in the souls wiki comunity.  I was unaware of this at the time of the posting.  It is not my intention to support him, or his actions in any way.  I merely wanted to feature the only known footage of a MoV in action to date. big grin

ZOMG -- I'm famous!

2nd invasion

2nd invasion

A while ago I invaded the host in this video three times in less than half an hour.  I checked after the first invasion to see if he was streaming and was surprised to find out he wasn't.  I stumbled across this video much by accident surfing youtube. Apparently he and a few other streamers are doing a Podcast now.  The second and third invasions are direct linked.  My first invasion is the first of the video.  I didn't bother to link straight to it because it happens fairly soon and the chat about the lock-on range in dark AL is ironic considering my build.

The fights were kinda awkward, escpecially seeing them from another perspective and looking back.  I didn't land one cast or MLGS R2 in 3 invasions.  There were a few I thought should have hit too.  You can tell in the second invasion I get a bit frustrated. silly I posted a while back about using dark bead (I don't like it and don't like to use it -- but, I found it can be useful against annoying people or occasionally in certain situations).  I used it twice in quick succession after not landing some hits I thought were good and taking some phantom range damage.  It also looks like I fish pretty hard.  In fairness I pretty much did. big grin But, in fairness to myself; I was looking for legit punish BSes.  Also, I couldn't land any magic and using a bunch of R1s against someone with a Mura who can toggle, parry & toggle/parry isn't the most appealing thought.  

Spoiler/Analysis:

Also, told ya!

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:...so I should be back to my long-winded self. winking

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:13 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : implicit)
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 14 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by FexDS Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:03 am

Your post was altered by our word filter because the person who you are linking is not welcome here. I would rather you remove the links to his videos too as giving him any fame here is not going to sit well with the wiki community.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 am

huh the community doesn't like Some guy? I didn't know that, he seemed alright in his vids, but i have only seen a few of them
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 am

You kinda get disliked when you encourage people to delete the wiki.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:23 am

I read about this guy and what he did a while back. A real grade A jerk. No offense Hugh but if I ever run into him in an invasion I will not use our rules to fight him. I have a few issues that won't make me play "nice" with him.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Wow he sounds like an a, why would anyone want to delete the wiki I still use it time to time when i'm looking for a new weapon to use. I can't see a single reason for someone wanting it gone
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Icegodzilla wrote:huh the community doesn't like Some guy? I didn't know that, he seemed alright in his vids, but i have only seen a few of them
    Did you really type his name out and let it auto-correct you after all that? silly

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I read about this guy and what he did a while back. A real grade A jerk. No offense Hugh but if I ever run into him in an invasion I will not use our rules to fight him. I have a few issues that won't make me play "nice" with him.
    No prob, Soris.  I won't bow wave next time I kill him either. big grin

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just realized I wrote bow instead of wave)
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:27 pm

lol yeah i don't really care if it auto corrects his name, you already established who it was with your links, plus i wanted to see it auto correct it
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Hey just wondering should we move to the new forums soon, or make a section for us in it
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:59 pm

New forums? Did I miss something? Can you fill me in?
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:07 am

fex is setting up the a new forums on fextralife http://fextralife.com/forums/

also just got 20 kills in township yeah. All thats left Giants and kiln, kinda worried about them since i think the traffic is really slow in those places

The forums are still pretty new and she isn't done with them yet, just thought i would mention them
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:47 am

Good work on the ears and links, Godzilla. Proper Bow 

Paragon and I discussed moving forward with the MoV into DkS II while we were co-oping last week.  He has played the beta and there are issues with lore moving forward.  We will have to change our lore so it matches Dark Souls II lore.  Not to worry the 'fix' seems easy enough.  It will simply be a matter of having a meeting of the minds to settle on an outline for the new lore and then writing it.

TRUE spoiler (though, not a bombshell):

In related news: I literally just installed the beta!  I will be playing in the beta test this Saturday night barring a hurricane -- I'm nowhere near Florida. silly So, hopefully I can learn some stuff first hand and get a grasp of where things are going.  I've kinda been avoiding most of the DkS II hype so far; mostly to avoid getting overly-hyped so far from the launch.  I don't know much there is to be learned from a lore perspective, however.  I think we're going to have to wait until we have access to the entire game, thus all the lore before we set anything in stone as far as our DkS II version of MoV is concerned.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:46 am

Oh I see. Well this new change to the lore will require a review of our current and drafts for adjustments to the new game's lore structure. If it does take place in the future, we new to make our covenant is able to transition smoothly, while trying to hold precedent of our current lore as much as possible.
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm

So I've been trying to rank up for a little over a week, and I can't get enough invasions in one location in a day to do that even if I win every one. Not sure if it's my internet or not enough people playing these days.

@Hugh, I wish I had the strength to resist peeking into spoilers Look Skyward lol
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:59 pm

its probably just not enough people playing, where are u invading at?
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm

I've tried pretty much everywhere but the Kiln: Duke's Archives, Anor Londo, Demon Ruins, Painted World, Township, Forest, the Burg, etc. My sl's are 100 and 125. I seemed to have good luck in the Township with my 100 as a darkwraith before I converted over to Darkmoon. Maybe no one's sinnin'.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:58 pm

township and painted world should be busy, kiln is pretty dead and forest can be slow for some reason as can anor londo
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Sorry to hear of your troubles Mathias.  How many have you got in each spot?  I'm fearful we may have to re-examine the rankings further.  I suspect invasions on Xbox are even tougher than on PS3.  If it's impossible to get 10 in a day, perhaps it'd be better to lower the number of ears and go back to 7 locations.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 am

I tried to invade the tombs for about and hour and a half and oly invaded 4 people
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 am

If I remember right, last Saturday I'd gotten six ears total from DA and AL, plus a few from dark AL, before I gave up. I went to the township and had some luck there but didn't keep count since it's an upper rank location. Haven't gotten any invasions in the Painted World recently. During the week invasions are almost nonexistent (maybe 3 or 4 in a couple hours and usually via the ring). Should have a good chunk of time this weekend to try again.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:40 am

yeah weekend is the best time to try
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:09 am

Speaking of weekend...

Word on the streets is the forum migration will start this weekend and we will be in our new digs starting next week.  I have the first four posts saved offline and will ctrl+v them into a new topic.  I will likely test out the new forum tools as well. big grin Any ideas for a new thread name?  It occurs to me this title implies a time limit on our existence.  Considering the mercurial nature of time in Lordran and our plan to carry over to... wherever Dark Souls II takes place, I think something without implications of finality would be fitting.  Perhaps a direct reference to timelessness or maybe something to do with blue.  Since blue will be a definitive link between past and future.

Also, both Paragon & I will be doing the beta starting Saturday 11pm PST (2am, Sunday EST).  Come say hi in the MoV chat!  It should be hilarious; I haven't done it yet and I should have plenty of hilarious deaths and other fails.  PM me if you're on PS3 and don't have the beta code.

We were both in the chat for a while earlier, unfortunately Paragon couldn't play long and we didn't connect.  But, we had some lulz.  I was mowing through most of my invasions (people were looking for me in dark AL for once! surprised ).  But, when Paragon left I was trying to poison a guy on a ledge above the walkway at the bottom of the elevator at the top.  This is the second time I've had this happen, I'm sure it was the same guy 'cuz he had dropped a single prism stone in the exact same spot as the last guy.  I noticed there was a message on the ledge... and another one on the ledge above where he was!  I stayed because he was actually taking damage.  I did poison him once, his HP bar seemed legit... legitly legit, not "seems legit rolling eyes ".  Last time he fell & I got an ear, this time he DC'd. straight face  The very next invasion some flipping mage comes running at me and I take 4 or 5 "dings" of damage in rapid succesion.  Is that how invisible pursuers works, or is that some kinda spell swap glitch?  I get a away around a corner and pop a humanity when I hear him cast.  I put on DMB and charge in to find him frozen mid-cast.  I BS him -- no damage, he floats away and having seen this before BC, knowing it will just take a while to DC me.  What a couple of fun invasions those were! rolling eyes 

I did get a sweet payoff however.  I sent a PM to the out of bounds guy simply saying "sad".  I got back some Japanese.  I invade him again, this time he's ninja flipping with a pyro glove and elf ears.  I'm on my grant build, so I'm not even going to try to attack.  Of course, he isn't either he just flip spams, throws in a firestorm and when I put my back against a wall and literally go rope a dope on him he finally pulls out a katana and starts spamming.  He eventually got frustrated he couldn't flip stab me and went for the pure fish.  That's exactly what I wanted; BS, wog... returning to me world without a souvenir of reprisal, 'cuz I already got 99! big grin I was 3 HP from a flawless because I was using the crest shield to block the kat spam.  silly  I got some more Japanese from him.  hehehe twisted 
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Might drop by the chat if I'm still up, Hugh.

So, uh, anyone got any tips on defending against a buffed falchion user that can kill me in three or four hits? He seems to be the only person playing right now. I've invaded him about six times (with two different characters) and he destroys me every time. I tried parrying but one whiff and he kills me before I can recover. I've got him down to about half health a couple times but can't do much beyond that. (He has tons of HP).
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm

GMB, tank with a shield, out-poise him* (I recommend using black iron chest, giants gauntlets and wolf ring; 92 poise will tank 3 2-handed R1s and that setup seems to catch people off guard with 0 poise head or leg gear), use magic... wog is great to at least slow him down, HCSM is great -- he must respect is or get crushed**, also you can 'tank cast' an MLGS R2 if you anticipate an attack, dark bead would be good too, NOT CSS -- it will shoot right over people at close range (you can shoot CSS as HCSM goes off with good timing and a bit of luck you can hit all of it at once for massive damage that will also stun just about everyone.

*You could use quite a few weapons with this setup; a 1-handed GS will break 70 poise which is presumably more than a dex/fai build can stack & fast-roll.  Though perhaps the best, most obvious, fight fire with fire option is the gold tracer.  The only caveat is if the guy can toggle parry; you'll want to go R1, R1, BS which will defeat the purpose of a gold tracer.

**A lot of people know to face away to control the release of HCSM, but most will try to fire off a few at a time to make it more difficult to dodge them all.  But, if you spin quickly none will go off and you can force people to dodge all day.  Of course some are brave; you can just square up if they don't dodge and land all 5.  You can reliably catch mid-rollers coming out of a roll if you turn & cast CSS as soon as they roll and from time to time some fast-rollers as well.  My favorite trick is to roll at people with it.  It's most useful in HSCM v HCSM situations, but you can lure people close enough to try to attack, roll under the attack and land a counter HCSM at the same time.  
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 14 Empty THE KILN NEVER DIES

Post by Paragon Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:40 am

Icegodzilla wrote:township and painted world should be busy, kiln is pretty dead and forest can be slow for some reason as can anor londo  
    The Kiln is NOT DEAD!!!!!!
    THE KILN NEVER DIES!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 am