Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
shadowzninjaz
CakeThiefPro
PlasticandRage
Slarg232
Spurgun
dancash1808
Carphil
Elite Knight
Latitoast
TehInfamousAmos
TheMeInTeam
Laharls_Wrath
Doctor Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Myztyrio
Reaperfan
20 posters

League of Legends

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

League of Legends - Page 7 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06 am

Latitoast wrote:Someone help me

No matter who I use, my teammates always feed and then I can't keep up :l
    Snowball harder than your foes snowball. A 12/0 Riven is better than 3 6/0 champs cause you can abuse your duelling power and split. Ward up get catches snowball harder carry game
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Played Gragas for the first time today, Went 10/2. 
    I'm not really sure what his role in the game is though, and his item builds are kinda confusing.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:01 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:

Snowball harder than your foes snowball. A 12/0 Riven is better than 3 6/0 champs cause you can abuse your duelling power and split. Ward up get catches snowball harder carry game
    You don't get it

The enemies are always organized enough to gank me once I've become a threat while our 0/12 ADC is complaining about how our team is retarded.

That and I always get the people who instalock and say "I'm going to x, and you can get over it"
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    TehInfamousAmos wrote:

You don't get it

The enemies are always organized enough to gank me once I've become a threat while our 0/12 ADC is complaining about how our team is retarded.

That and I always get the people who instalock and say "I'm going to x, and you can get over it"
    I do get it.... Think about this, I am trash at the game. I reached platinum, if I was able to do it then I am sure you can escape whatever elo you're in.

Bronze = Elo Heaven
    Silver + Plat = Worst Elo to be in
    Gold + Diamond II onwards = Best Elo to be in.

You may ask why Bronze is Elo heaven? You can do whatever you want and carry there - people literally just push like mindless zombies and don't attempt to CS. You can literally carry 1v5's in Bronze. Silver you have to be consistently wrecking your lane to carry cause it is partially down to you and partially down to your teammates whether you win or not. That being said the 12/0 laner generally inspires your other teammates.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Oh also - what I will say sounds harsh but... it is more likely that the enemy team are liable to get the trolls as opposed to you. If you blame it purely on trolls then statistics suggest that you would get higher elo purely by them having a troll more often. The similarity between all these games with you - improve and you will climb. Whine and you will wallow in whatever Elo you currently are for an extremely long time.

Tip: /ignore all at beginning of a game and only communicate with pings - means you have no distractions
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm not even in ranked yet

Once I hit 30 I'll be too afraid that the jerks will be on my team
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Spurgun wrote:Played Gragas for the first time today, Went 10/2. 
    I'm not really sure what his role in the game is though, and his item builds are kinda confusing.
    I always saw him as pure AP mid, not sure how else to build him
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:Played Gragas for the first time today, Went 10/2. 
    I always saw him as pure AP mid, not sure how else to build him
    Tanky AP. Typically goes top or mid.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:01 am

That moment when you get called one of the best Shen someone has ever seen

I feel honored, I don't even use Shen all that much silly
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Okay, bad teammates becomes more of a problem not less. you learn to support them doing this marvellous thing known as teamwork. it allows you to plug a vast majority of the problems your team has that would otherwise feed a large amount of gold to the enemy. what I'm saying is. few people are really that bad that they will feed horrendously if helped.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Okay, bad teammates becomes more of a problem not less. you learn to support them doing this marvellous thing known as teamwork. it allows you to plug a vast majority of the problems your team has that would otherwise feed a large amount of gold to the enemy. what I'm saying is. few people are really that bad that they will feed horrendously if helped.
    No

Try so bad that a Rengar 1v3'd under our towers and won

It sounds improbable, but it happened

He was level 18 by the time the team I was on was in their 10s, it was so awful

And I always get the people that insist on getting pissed off instead of trying to ask for help, they never work as a team and insist on solo 1v5

For example, I got matched with an Aatrox who thought telling Garen he was a bad player would bring our team victory instead of asking for help in lane, he just kept feeding Garen kills over and over again, and if someone said wait, we'll gank him Aatrox insisted that he could kill Garen by himself and would rush in before someone could help him.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Bump - if any of you guys in this thread want an avatar like mine (I drew it with mouse in MS Paint) I will do my best to make a nice rendition of the champ for you happy
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 pm

I finally carried a match

League of Legends - Page 7 4aen9eU

Bot lane fed Lucian and Critplank while Zed and Shen fed me, with a little assistance from my Diana jungle and the roaming Blitz, I got so fed nobody could duel me, but that's what everyone was trying to do. I had defenses and sustain in fights while nobody else did, Shen and Zed kept talking about how late game I'd fail, but I pretty much carried the team since Critplank and Lucian had to spread out to make up for the failing team, so I could pop in and kill them and push before the other came for me, and by then my W and my life steal either had me back up and ready to go, or I knew the other was coming and could leave before they killed me. Eventually every lane got pushed all the way to inhib turrets where we won a teamfight because of the grabs on Blitz' part, and from the rest of us focusing the other carry once we killed the first, Zed and Shen couldn't stop us by themselves, and Katarina ragequit early.

I won a lot of 2v1s that game.

Ryze did good, and Diana was good too but without me, and my team agreed we'd have lost to Lucian and Critplank.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:51 pm

^lol! awesome blitz build

Nice match, love to see a solo taking the lead
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 pm

It was hands down the hardest game of my life, especially since it was my 4th game with Xin, I also got a really nice save on Diana

Shen and Zed were chasing her, so I popped in and ulted to give her escape time before 2v1'ing them and winning.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Does anyone have any tips for Ahri(or AP mids in general)

I usually fail pretty badly when I use her.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Latitoast wrote:No

Try so bad that a Rengar 1v3'd under our towers and won

It sounds improbable, but it happened

He was level 18 by the time the team I was on was in their 10s, it was so awful

And I always get the people that insist on getting pissed off instead of trying to ask for help, they never work as a team and insist on solo 1v5

For example, I got matched with an Aatrox who thought telling Garen he was a bad player would bring our team victory instead of asking for help in lane, he just kept feeding Garen kills over and over again, and if someone said wait, we'll gank him Aatrox insisted that he could kill Garen by himself and would rush in before someone could help him.
    Counter-no. you should have done something about that rengar before he became that much of a problem. your talking about the game after the time where it should have been fixed. generally I find if you get more than one or two kills early on the enemy team REACTS and sits on you hard for exactly that reason.  also level 18 before anyone else is level 10 implies your team did something very badly wrong. I'm sorry but 8 levels behind suggests more than that rengar snowballing. 

With all that said. if people are willfully being stupid and refusing to let you help as in the aatrox case there is a limited amount you can do, other than of course interfering before he can *** up but thats not always easy.

As for playing ahri. play safe till 6 and focus on farming uless you have a gank or your opponent is being stupid. use charm sparingly. get a moderately early DFG. If your feeling confident in lane try to get a damage item which is up to preference. if your not I highly recommend ryali's it adds the survivability you need and doesnt punish your roaming ability I think. (the sheer amount of slows from fox fires and ult makes up for the lesser damage)
     try to avoid laning against malzahar or swain. post level 6 start pressuring hard on your laner to get a kill/ force them back. once you do. push out and roam. and roam as much as you can. ahri has such good roaming potential its a real waste to spend too much time in lane IMO. Important things to know is if your against purple you can go through the enemy jungle and tribrush to gank top dodging most traditional ward spots. and do the mirror to botlane which if they are pushed out while it will trip a ward usually it will not give them enough reaction time if your bot lane are on the ball. 
     lane ganks are also good if you know you can spare the time (charm out of a brush into foxfire + orb is absolutely devastating.) 
    I've also had alot of success working with the jungler through the mid game. go gank places. come back to mid and 2v1 the laner attempting to push. hopefully picking up drake and some kills, and possibly enemy blue. you may wana try duo'ing with a jungler you get on with.

in teamfights if your not fed try to stay near your adc and peel high value targets off with charm and damage them. 
    If your fed .... well. I dont think you need to be told what to do with a fed assassin.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:14 pm

The problem with countering a jungling Rengar

Is I don't know what lane he's going to gank, he never really ganked my lane, only bot and mid.

But this is all of my teams, I had a Zed that insisted on insulting me instead of trying to help me once I fell behind in lane before, it's just jerks every time

I can never get a team that is an actual team, they never want to work together to win, all insisting that they can carry and 1v5

Thanks for the Ahri tips though
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Might be the level your playing at, in normals people dont tend to care too much but I find in ranked (mid-high silver, for what its worth) people tend to work together as long as they feel like there's a shot at winning. sure I always have gripes with my teammates. junglers the teamdont ward as often as they should, people lack map/opportunity awareness. but nothing really as bad as what you seem to describe. simply because by that point we have all been playing long enough to realize that carrying 1v5 only works against idiots. or if your a fed sion (so, against idiots)

Have fun with ahri though! she really is quite good. while she lacks scalings she has good farming and teamfighting for an assassin. not to mention pretty nice CC (that charm at rank 5 is on a par with threshes hook)

Oh yeah, and I wouldent say its easy to give tips for AP mids in general other than basic mechanics. simply because they each have very different playstyles. apc is probably the role with most variety in my opinion.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:49 pm

I play normals a lot, I'm not confident enough to play ranked right now, so that's probably part of it.

I just got a Teemo that said "I don't support" and locked Teemo when a Vayne already had adc
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Anyone watching the semi finals? Fnc might just have a chance cheers
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Fnc is the one that has a Zed right?

I want them to win because Zed skin.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Latitoast wrote:Fnc is the one that has a Zed right?

Umm they've played Zed before but he's been banned throughout the Semi Finals so far. I think the skins are only based on the finals which they haven't reached yet.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:57 pm

CakeThiefPro wrote:

Umm they've played Zed before but he's been banned throughout the Semi Finals so far. I think the skins are only based on the finals which they haven't reached yet.
    I don't really pay attention to that stuff, I just heard a team had a Zed :3
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    CakeThiefPro wrote:

I don't really pay attention to that stuff, I just heard a team had a Zed :3
    Well fnc have kinda thrown crying

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:34 pm