Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:09 am

befowler wrote:Dragonform roar also deflects "friendly" effects from summons, including WDB and the MLGS wave attacks.  It looks really funny when you cast WDB at someone spamming the roar and then a line of crystals shoots out of your rear behind you.
    You actually deflect any projectile, regardless of source. You used to be able to "put out" bonfires with it in some places, but only graphically.

reim0027 wrote:Stays the same.  I just got rid of my "curse" and I had 4 soft humanity (probably the random soft humanity you get from playing).  Does someone want to try to see if they can go to human form with this?
    I'm on it. I need to delete a character, so I'll do that when i return.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by reim0027 Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Cool. I'm really interested in what you find.

And, BTW, gratz' on the biggest topic ever.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Just figured out how effective the Gold Tracer is in the off-hand, I love it. The only downside is is that I can't parry.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:15 am

Gargoyles do a flying lightning attack similar to the drakes. This game amazes me, i've played PVE a lot across all platforms and last night was the first time i've seen that attack. It was in anor londo and i was trying ranged with the 1st gargy. Nearly dropped my controller when he pulled the move off.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:42 pm

4 kings CAN be killed in 1 king.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 am

I just discovered probably the most usefull application for the White Dragon Breath: farming the Phalanx in Painted World. Equipped with a Ring of Fog and Slumbering, the whole Phalanx is gone after 3-4 casts within less than 30 seconds. Beats everything I tried big grin
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 pm

bss has longer reach than great demon machete
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:40 pm

DarkGerald wrote:I just discovered probably the most usefull application for the White Dragon Breath: farming the Phalanx in Painted World. Equipped with a Ring of Fog and Slumbering, the whole Phalanx is gone after 3-4 casts within less than 30 seconds. Beats everything I tried big grin
    I think an ultra greatsword can kill them all in 2 or 3 hits
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:44 pm

You can also use fire tempest on the phalanx's. It's very strong against them and kills most in just one cast.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:58 pm

It's possible to come charging down the stairs from the township bonfire and have all 4 of the mobs down in that big open area point and laugh at you at the same time. It was awesome and deeply insulting at the same time.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:00 pm

If you could capture that on video while your character wasn't wearing pants.... :-)
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:14 pm

GUYS. GUYS. I discovered something grand!

The female ghosts... are holding a baby! >
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:50 am

Enjoy this close-up look at it (and your ensuing nightmares):
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 QKSqX4W
    Full Size

source: https://imgur.com/a/4qD63
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:31 pm

I think I found my background wallpaper. =)
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:53 am

Castin White Dragon Breath doesn't hit the Giant Guards in the Hall before Smogh and Olstein when standing behind, it just goes between their Legs with 0 damage^^
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:01 am

PVE enemies can get partial parries.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 pm

-Gough is a giant
    -Mimics do a flying Ninja kick of terror.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 pm

-Manus on NG+ is tough, so darn tough. It's pretty much a luck game if you beat him or not, sometimes he does only 1-2 magic attack during the fight (your chance to win) or he just spams dark bead after dark bead (which you probably loose).
    -killing Oolicile after Manus isn't worth it (except for stopping her whining), it yields only 2000 souls
    -the undead merchant has someone he loves named Yulia around, probably just in his head cause I didn't see anyone else, dead or alive.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:02 pm

I just noticed that the Sunlight Medal is made of folded-up cloth with the same design of Solaire's shield. You can even see the face in the yellow cloth:
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Dki5nzS

Can't believe I never noticed that before, considering that the item description explains that Solaire decorated it himself.

Here's a (crappy) paste of the talisman over the shield, if you have trouble seeing it:
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 VAxnjta
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:42 pm

fat rollers cant make the forest cliff jump to the other side T_T my poor chubby body hit the edge and did this "i made it" landing then slid off the edge slowly
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:05 am

Gravity slays even the mightiest of men.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 am

Yarxov wrote:Gravity slays even the mightiest of men.
    Lest we not forget the great journey of sir Tarkus, who after braving the dwelling horrors within Sen's fortress fell off a balcony and died.

Anti-climatic endings seem to be a thing now.

I just realized that Gwyndolin thrusts an 'eternal curse upon us' because I always skipped the cutscene that happens after you beat him.

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 am

Spoiler:

The Bane of my existence.

*cough* Gwyn
    Even though I think the atmosphere of the boss area is beautiful, his boss song is my favorite too. (His and Pinwheels..)
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:12 pm

- Darkwraith rock big grin Seriously I never was much into PvP but yesterday I joined the Darkwraith, man did I kick buts, had a ton of fun with my Sorc @SL145.

- And on a similar note: Pursuers and Dark Bead are really strong in PvP, especially in tight areas.

- Completely different topic: you can survive the drop from the Chamber of the Princess to the hall where you fight S&O, needs some 30ish vita and you don't need to wait for the elevator anylonger winking

- Also when you look down from the gallery on the same level as the bonfire into the big hall, you don't see the big guards.

- and lastly, in contrast to what I've posted in a different thread: on NG++ and beyond it really makes no sense to kill all common enemies, just rush to the bosses and eliminate only what's in your way. Had the lordvessel placed within 2-3 hours and was about 10 SL higher.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:07 pm

You can survive the drop down at any Vit. Fall damage is done by percentage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 pm