Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
TomBombadil515*
ViralEnsign_
BloodTempest
Encore
NathanC
Pilgrim34
Micha369
CakeThiefPro
Derpwraith
Fen
Carphil
Say Xbox Again
Bassman Bob
Icegodzilla
Green__Eagle
Wilkinson3424
Seignar
SirArchmage
Werdax
Serious_Much
lonewolf
DyingAce
Elite Knight
Darkfallen
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sneezer
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Latitoast
Soul of Stray Demon
34 posters

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Poll

Who will win?

[ 10 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 2 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Latitoast wrote:O&S > Havel, I'm sorry but Smough could probably smack Havel's Greatshield out of his face, and he just isn't capable of contending with the both of them.
    Please continue on next thread. 

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t24298-boss-battle-tourney-round-2
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 2 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Although Centipede Demon would win, Capra would give him a run for his money.

Although he wouldn't take damage for being in the lava, if you use flash sweat and ninja flip over to where the first Capra spawns in the Demon's Ruins you'll see that he takes no lava damage.

Centipede would win the ranged fight, Along with his more versatile moveset, Capra can't do much to him.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Latitoast wrote:Although he wouldn't take damage for being in the lava, if you use flash sweat and ninja flip over to where the first Capra spawns in the Demon's Ruins you'll see that he takes no lava damage.

Oh, then I'll change that accordingly.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm

centipede would win, he's just got too much AoE, and deals a lot more damage.. and has a lot more health... it's not really a contest silly
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:44 pm

OK. Round three is currently up. It's Quelaag vs Artorias. Remember this is a combination Lore Gameplay battle. 

So VOTE.

And DISCUSS TOO.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Arty is incredible, and very strong- also resistant to fire. I admit that I think that even after he has lost his shield, his agility which is greater than quelaag's gives him nice advantage, longer reach of attack etc.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Arty is incredible, and very strong- also resistant to fire. I admit that I think that even after he has lost his shield, his agility which is greater than quelaag's gives him nice advantage, longer reach of attack etc.
    But due to his insanity, and I'm sure Quelaag has some knowledge of his fighting style, so I'm sure she could take advantage of him somehow. Depends on if it's effective enough.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 pm

I honestly cant think of a reason why quelaag would know his fighting style silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Artorias has a shield which heavily resists fire, he's a very highly skilled warrior considered to be one of the best fighters in the world.  His sword is magical and can deal a lot of damage to her.  When you break it down Artorias could take hits from Q but she couldn't really take any from him.  A hit to the legs would cripple her, the spider fatal, her body fatal or heavily crippling.  99/100 times she would lose.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I honestly cant think of a reason why quelaag would know his fighting style silly
    Because they both fought against the dragons, I'm sure they know something of each other. But Quelaag's entire form and fighting style has changed, while Artorias is probably just more aggressive.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Well wait, are we talking Artorias, or corrupted Artorias?  Because you just list Artorias in the poll.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well wait, are we talking Artorias, or corrupted Artorias?  Because you just list Artorias in the poll.
    Corrupted Artorias, of course. This is a battle of bosses. (well mostly bosses)
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 pm

I see no logical explanation as to how Quelaag would be able to defeat Artorias (corrupted or not.) 
    Quelaag is a Daughter of Chaos turned spider-demon chick, who only fought the dragons by setting the archtrees on fire, and now she has to lie in wait in the depths of Blight Town to prey upon the weakened humans/undead, steal their humanity and heal her sister. 
    Artorias fought the Everlasting Dragons directly, was Gwyn's most renowned knight, is essentially a demigod, and even corrupted and crippled by the darkness of the abyss, he's still a fierce and powerful fighter.
    If you argue that Artorias can't think clearly or tactically, you should remember that Quelaag doesn't exactly have a cool head either (pun intended.) 

Thinking to the game itself... Artorias is one of the most difficult bosses, while Quelaag is one of the easier ones.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 am

Once Artorias buffs I don't see how Q has any shot anymore, her best attack is her AOE explodey-thingy but Arty is more than quick enough to roll out of the way of that.

Artorias>Quelaag
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 am

Artorias is capable of taking a lot of hit, and given the fact that he is also fire resistant, he can will have no trouble going up close and personal with Quelaag. He deals massive damage, assuming you don't move out of the way.
    They are both really slow, and quite a lot of Quelaag's attacks causes her to be vulnerable to incoming damage. I believe Quelaag will be capable of taking a little less then half of his health, but when Artorias enter his rage mode, he will make short work of her.

Lorewise, I don't think there is any doubt either. Artorias was one of the four knights selected by Gwyn. According to his description, he was also unmatched with a greatsword. Now corrupted, he still a dangerous threat to be recon with.
    Also, Quelaag wasn't even in her demon form during the war against the dragons.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Ok, Sorry about not updating yesterday, I didn't have internet.

WITH A SCORE OF 13 TO 1. ARTORIAS WINSSSSSS!!!!!!

Ok, The next one is Stray Demon vs Gwyndolin. The poll will change as soon as possible.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Where the hell are they going to be fighting?

Though on the lore side Gwyndolin is the clear victor.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Where the hell are they going to be fighting?

Interesting Question.

Let's make it the size of the room you fight Nito in, but with all the rocks cleared out of the way. (I mention that room in reference to it's size, I don't mean the actual place.) So Medium Sized. 

If anyone has any better ideas, feel free to suggest them.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:32 pm

That would be an interesting fight to see, I'd think Capra might win if Gwyndolin isn't quick enough to warp away from him but if he can't do that Gwyndolin would clearly have an advantage of beating him because of his magic.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:44 pm

GrinTwist wrote:That would be an interesting fight to see, I'd think Capra might win if Gwyndolin isn't quick enough to warp away from him but if he can't do that Gwyndolin would clearly have an advantage of beating him because of his magic.
    It's Stray Demon vs Gwyndolin.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 pm

OK, The poll has been changed once again. DISCUSS.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Greater magic power, teleports, faster too.

I'm going gwyndolin here. Stray looks menacing, but gwyndolin's much more of a threat
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Greater magic power, teleports, faster too.

I'm going gwyndolin here. Stray looks menacing, but gwyndolin's much more of a threat
    Depends, while gwyndolin is teleporting, he can't attack or move, and if he gets hit once, he would be stun locked. (assuming stray demon is smart enough in this fight to keep attacking)
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:14 pm

If it was purely close quarters? Stray Demon has a chance. A chance. But in a wider arena, Gwyndolin would hands down win.

So, to give fairer advantage to the Stray Demon or simply to clarify, what arena would this be in? Because either of their arena's would give a big advantage. If it was in Gwyndolins hallway, Stray Demon would never win. If it was in Stray Demon's courtyard arena, or whatever that is, then he may have a chance. But still, Gwyndolin can simply teleport away once Stray Demon starts an attack and begin blasting him with very powerful magic that can be sent much faster then the Demons. The main thing that would give the demon an advantage is it's health pool, and it's attacks that would stagger Gwyndolin. The staggering part could easily be negated if Gwyndolin can stagger the Stray Demon though.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Where the hell are they going to be fighting?

Interesting Question.

Let's make it the size of the room you fight Nito in, but with all the rocks cleared out of the way. (I mention that room in reference to it's size, I don't mean the actual place.) So Medium Sized. 

If anyone has any better ideas, feel free to suggest them.
    This place. Not large, not small.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm