Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
TomBombadil515*
ViralEnsign_
BloodTempest
Encore
NathanC
Pilgrim34
Micha369
CakeThiefPro
Derpwraith
Fen
Carphil
Say Xbox Again
Bassman Bob
Icegodzilla
Green__Eagle
Wilkinson3424
Seignar
SirArchmage
Werdax
Serious_Much
lonewolf
DyingAce
Elite Knight
Darkfallen
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sneezer
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Latitoast
Soul of Stray Demon
34 posters

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Poll

Who will win?

[ 10 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 11 I_vote_lcap67%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 11 I_vote_lcap33%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 11 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Sneezer Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:18 pm

I've spoken to someone who has seen such a thing, actually. 
    Manus could take on 3 Sanctuary Guardians before losing, Artorias could beat Manus, and Kalameet could kill everything with impunity. 

The only annoying part is that bosses and enemies who are in different game areas can't fight. Oolacile or PW being the separate areas.

Last edited by Sneezer on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 11 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by DyingAce Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Say Xbox Again wrote:I still want to see a mod that allows us to watch these kinds of battles in-game. We know the game AI allows multiple targets, aggro changes, side changes etc. so it's possible, I'm sure.

Some people figure it out biggrin

Kalameet would tear the guardian apart btw
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Someone should try fighting a NG+7 manus, artorias and kalameet simultaneously. Should be fun.

I vote kalameet - both lorewise and gameplay wise. Thing is, has kalameet been shot by Gough before fighting. If not, this would make kalameet pretty much invincible. Regardless, he still wins this fight.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:30 pm

DyingAce wrote:
    Say Xbox Again wrote:I still want to see a mod that allows us to watch these kinds of battles in-game. We know the game AI allows multiple targets, aggro changes, side changes etc. so it's possible, I'm sure.

Some people figure it out biggrin

Kalameet would tear the guardian apart btw
    That's allowing Kalameet the liberty of being in his area, if they were in Artorias's area, He would tear that dragon up.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Ok, Kalameet beats Sanctuary Guardians. 

Next round would be Iron Golem vs Manus, too obvious Manus wins.

Round after that, Round 24, Ornstein and Smough vs Gwyn.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Oh, boy. I'd say Gwyn. Gwyn has some resistance to lightning and both O&S are susceptible to fire damage. I think he'd have to take Ornstein out first.

Lore-wise, I just cannot see O&S beating Gwyn either.
    Say Xbox Again
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:05 am

Anyone know what Gwyn's poise is?
    I vote for O&S, because lorewise, two warriors at knight-of-Gwyn level could probably beat a mindless shell of their former lord.
    Gameplay wise, Gwyn would just get stun locked and stomped. He doesn't have a roll or a shield (instead of giving him iframes, his jump dodge adds counter damage). His grab would be useless.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:17 am

Lore wise I give this to Gwyn. I imagine he became the leader dude to his badass skills with a great sword originally and then found the Lord Soul which only made him even more powerful. I think the combination of his sword and bolts would be more than enough to take down Ornstein and Smough.

Gameplay wise I would probably give it to Ornstein and Smough who would probably stun lock him but then again I'm terrible at the gameplay guesses x)
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:12 am

I say O&S takes this one, gameplay wise. With their combined power, and Gwyn's low poise, they can easily stunlock him, and deal major damage. I believe Gwyn will be able to take one of them down, but he has got to be severely damaged by then.

Lore wise, I think Gwyn would still be powerful enough to take them both down. Then again, he doesn't exactly think rational, and that is a major advantage for O&S.
    Still, I think Gwyn wins Lore wise.

My vote goes to O&S
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:43 pm

For round 24? Gwyn.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:25 am

I'm going with Biggie and Smalls, even with their fire weakness, they're still harder, faster and stronger than their now hollowed lord. 

Plus I had a much harder time beating O&S then I did Gwyn. :I
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Well then, I thought this match-up would be closer.
    Oh, once this is over, we will also be conducting fan-favorite Match-ups. 

So, Ornstein and Smough beat Gwyn with a score of 8 to 3. 

Next Round is Round 25, Kalameet vs Manus.

Kalameet is grounded, (except for those few attacks in which he shortly flies)
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:46 pm

EDIT: Due to a polite complaint, I have removed the "Manus vs Kalameet" videos. I still say this though, as I don't bother to come up with a reasonable argument, as to why Kalameet would win: Manus can only win through dark bead spam.

Lore wise, its a tricky question. Manus is assumed to be the furtive pygmy, and the holder of the 4th lord soul. We have all seen how powerful he is. Well, at least we know he was capable of destroying Oolacile single handedly.
    Kalameet, however, is one of the remaining ancient dragons (and an intimidating one of that). As Gough put it "Even mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire". Thats saying something.

I hand this one to Kalameet.

Last edited by Werdax on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Werdax wrote:
    Kalameet wins two out of three times. Manus can only win through Dark bead spam.

Lore wise, its a tricky question. Manus is assumed to be the furtive pygmy, and the holder of the 4th lord soul. We have all seen how powerful he is. Well, at least we know he was capable of destroying Oolacile single handedly.
    Kalameet, however, is one of the remaining ancient dragons (and an intimidating one of that). As Gough put it "Even mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire". Thats saying something.

I hand this one to Kalameet.
    That's giving Kalameet his area though, which is unfair to Manus who thrives in the close range. I would imagine that Kalameet would be allowed flight, but it would be very very limited range.
    Besides, that's such a short sample size. If you had something like 100 videos, then maybe I could by it. But only 2 out of 3, that's nothing. Maybe the next two attempts would end up with Manus winning.

Mostly, I'm not going to consider those videos, just due to the fact it is such a small sample, it doesn't really show which one is better. The fact Manus won once, just shows he can win.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:46 am

Lore wise I think Manus should win although I really haven't looked into his lore enough. 

Gameplay wise, I think Kalameet wins but it would be close so I vote Manus.
    BloodTempest
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:02 am

Gameplay wise, I'd say that it's a very close match with Kalameet winning.

Lore wise though, Kalameet wins hands down.

Gough says, "A ferocious dragon indeed, even mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire."

I'm assuming "mighty Anor Londo" includes Gwyn, Ornstein, Artorias, Gough and Ciaran as well. Sooo, that's the Lord of Sunlight, who is established to be the strongest of all Lord Soul holders, his 4 Super Soldiers AND his entire army of Silver/Black Knights that didn't dare to fight Kalameet?

Manus is a primeval human that has OP Dark Sorcery and is speculated to be the Furtive Pygmy, but I don't see him as being stronger than Kalameet.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:11 pm

BloodTempest wrote:Gameplay wise, I'd say that it's a very close match with Kalameet winning.

Gough says, "A ferocious dragon indeed, even mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire."

I'm assuming "mighty Anor Londo" includes Gwyn, Ornstein, Artorias, Gough and Ciaran as well. Sooo, that's the Lord of Sunlight, who is established to be the strongest of all Lord Soul holders, his 4 Super Soldiers AND his entire army of Silver/Black Knights that didn't dare to fight Kalameet?

Manus is a primeval human that has OP Dark Sorcery and is speculated to be the Furtive Pygmy, but I don't see him as being stronger than Kalameet.
    I don't think they meant the lord of sunlight and his knights.
    If Gough can ground Kalameet in one shot, then I'm sure all 5 together would demolish Kala. I always assumed they just never had the chance to team up against them.
    BloodTempest
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    BloodTempest wrote:Gameplay wise, I'd say that it's a very close match with Kalameet winning.

I don't think they meant the lord of sunlight and his knights.
    If Gough can ground Kalameet in one shot, then I'm sure all 5 together would demolish Kala. I always assumed they just never had the chance to team up against them.
    But it's odd that they never had the chance to team up against Kalameet.

After fighting the Everlasting Dragons, Gwyn and his dudes didn't really do much did they? I mean, Artorias fought the abyss and Gwyn brought his army to Izalith to fight the demons. But that's all way down the road, like, a few hundred years or something. (I'm pretty sure that the First Flame wouldn't start extinguishing itself just a couple of years after Gwyn built Anor Londo.)

Surely they would have found the spare time to slay a dragon that's as dangerous as Kalameet was said to be, unless they thought that it wouldn't be worth it.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 am

Tricky one. From a lore perspective, i'd say Manus. For one thing, he's the furtive pygmy, meaning he's in possession of the dark soul. Admittedly, he may have lost some of it (got turned into humanity) but he must still have a fair portion of it, not to mention that his soul grew in power over time, unlike the other lords. Given that he's powerful enough to take down Artorias and all of Oolacile (and would've succeeded if not for the player's intervention), I'd say he's powerful enough to kill Kalameet without too much trouble.

Gameplay-wise i'd say Manus again. Kalameet has some serious magic defence, but so does Manus (Kalameet's breath does magic damage, not fire). In addition, Kalameet is too big to evade Manus' dark magic, which are some of the most powerful boss attacks in the game. In particular, his attack where he sprays dark beads out in a cone in front of him does tons of damage to anyone unable to get out of the way.

Overall; Manus wins this one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am