Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
GrinTwist
PyroElleh
Yarxov
ZeeySaan
Silent-Warrior
DARKR466
BeeSeaEss
HippyClown
DigitaLinsanitY
AoDlightwolf
Valanor
twilightwarwolf
sure-magicians
Bassman Bob
Murkulanvippi
Hugh_G_Johnson
BloodMoon96
Demon Slayer
Kahldris_Ducard
Leet
Wilkinson3424
Ahhotep1
Forum Pirate
mackofspades
Serious_Much
robsthedon
30 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Six: 'A Band of Brothers'

Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Six: 'A Band of Brothers' - Page 9 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Six: 'A Band of Brothers'

Post by Leet Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:41 am

HippyClown wrote:Actually there is 1 thing that has always bothered me, i hate not having pants on my toons. i know the hollow soldier waistcloth is amazing on some build, but i enjoy having actual pants. Leet, if you do do your own variant on these builds that i wil try out, could you try to fit regular pants in there? thatd be just amazing.
    I'm gettin ready to go to work. I'll mess with it when i get home. I'll also answer your PM when i get home too.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Six: 'A Band of Brothers' - Page 9 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Six: 'A Band of Brothers'

Post by sure-magicians Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:55 am

TooLeet wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:@ Rob, it was fairly simple. Compile an (obviously not comprehensive) list of techniques.... nobody ever sees that coming.)
    That sounds cool. I can do all those things listed and since i'm the Exiled combat trainer i can teach people all these things also. There's a couple people in here who have wished for my help. Just waiting to get a hold of them yet.
    Cool leet, maybe you and Forum can work together on this?
    Yeah, we can do that.
    If this takes off I'd be very interested, unless the time zones mess things up, me being a Euro...

Robsthedon wrote:@hippy learn to love the HSWC they should be your goto pants THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Six: 'A Band of Brothers' - Page 9 2593804972
    You forgot the goto mask Robs :mask-mother:
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 am

sure-magicians wrote:You forgot the goto mask Robs :mask-mother:
    Lol, I made a new rule for myself I don't sum rss if I see any family mask except giant dads.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:06 am

robsthedon wrote:
    sure-magicians wrote:You forgot the goto mask Robs :mask-mother:
    Lol, I made a new rule for myself I don't sum rss if I see any family mask except giant dads.
    Lol specially Child mask, you like a rapist with it

put binoculars and take a picture of you, it looks like a stalker
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:23 am

Bit of a leap going from a mask in a game to looking like a rapist if you ask me...

I do agree that (in my opinion) the fathers mask in particular looks horrible, but so does the HSWC on a thin character, but on the other hand it's all a matter of preference anyway.

Oh Robs if you don't summon me wearing the mask I'll try to invade you...
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:08 pm

I'll probably be on later Pirate if you want summa this.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Hippy. In your PM you stated you wanted the "Moonlight butterfly Greatsword" with a mage build. So, i gave you the MLGS. Also, this is a good reason to use Crown of Dusk. This build will hit like a truck.

125:
    http://mmdks.com/43eq

100:
    http://mmdks.com/433l

I forgot to put 99 humanity in the 125. On the 100, i didn't put in bellowing, because you'll rely more on your MLGS with that one because you'll only have 3 spell slots. Obviously in both the spells you attune are up to you.  They are both battle mages. When you run into GMB users, you can menu swap to a Chaos Claymore. With these kind of builds, there is a lot of possible tweaking. You can lose a slot or two for more vit or end. Vice verse. You can use the Tin Crystallization Catalyst and absolutely obliterate while you're stacking Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest ring. But, it will cut your casts of each spell in half. I have MLGS builds that don't cast, and using that weapon alone works magic (no pun intended.) So having stacked magic amplifiers, you will see really good results. There's endless possibilities with builds like these.

Last edited by TooLeet on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HippyClown
    HippyClown
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by HippyClown Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Sounds amazing, thank you leet, i appreciate everyones help to get me back into the pvp of dark souls. I wont let yall down, i promise big grin
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Jelly donuts and munchies do go pretty good together. That, or custard filled. Nom.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Make the SL 100 a pyromancer.  It saves one SL and will give you four spell slots instead of 3.  I would also look at moving 4 from vit to int for CSS too -- but that's just me. big grin 
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:12 am

TooLeet wrote:I'll probably be on later Pirate if you want summa this.
    I work from like 7am to 6-7pm, my time. (including the hour commute each way.) I live on the west coast of the usa, not sure of the time zone.

The point being, I'm most likely to be on from 7pm-1am For future reference. (as I'm on and you're not, I'd guess i missed you)

I'm on now and have tomorrow off though, though I only have the 1 build and am shy my spells and demons spear. I'll see about getting those tomorrow.
    HippyClown
    HippyClown
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by HippyClown Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 am

Hugh, i have not made the toon yet, but that does sound interesting. I will definatnly look into that, thanks big grin
    HippyClown
    HippyClown
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by HippyClown Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:34 am

Ok i just have to share this with yall. I was just invading around the 2nd bonfire in the game, the one near the creepy merchat. And i invaded on a guy with the name of LAGSTABUUU. I bursted out laughing at his name, and i already had an idea as to what i was in store for. He got 2 good backstabs on me, both by the way made no sense at all, he was 15 feet in front of me, never gotbehind me for it, and i was stabbed twice like that. In the end i 1 shotted em with a dark bead. But i thought it was funny so i figured id tell yall.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:06 am

I met a similar fate at the hands of this in hyper mode, with me using a reinforced club. http://mmdks.com/439t
    HippyClown
    HippyClown
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by HippyClown Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 am

Was unaware i was not allowed to post something like that, i changed my message, sorry about that pirate.

Last edited by HippyClown on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 am

Not allowed to post gamer tags/ids without permission from "owner, fyi"

For the record, there is nothing wrong with wog spam except that its a horrible waste of casts. every weapon can spam, and most deal more damage and can't be rendered useless by any of like 5 spells.

I dodge wog spam with a mid roll, point blank db spam too actually. as long as you're calm and don't just spam dodge, you'll roll right through it and get chances to punish, or just run him out so his 30+ points in faith are wasted.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Make the SL 100 a pyromancer.  It saves one SL and will give you four spell slots instead of 3.  I would also look at moving 4 from vit to int for CSS too -- but that's just me. big grin 
    I was gonna do that but i never get hit by CSS. So making a character easier to kill is not a good trade off for a spell that isn't reliable. 
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:26 pm

TooLeet wrote:Hippy. In your PM you stated you wanted the "Moonlight butterfly Greatsword" with a mage build. So, i gave you the MLGS. Also, this is a good reason to use Crown of Dusk. This build will hit like a truck.

125:
    http://mmdks.com/42pi

100:
    http://mmdks.com/433l

I forgot to put 99 humanity in the 125. On the 100, i didn't put in bellowing, because you'll rely more on your MLGS with that one because you'll only have 3 spell slots. Obviously in both the spells you attune are up to you.  They are both battle mages. When you run into GMB users, you can menu swap to a Chaos Claymore. With these kind of builds, there is a lot of possible tweaking. You can lose a slot or two for more vit or end. Vice verse. You can use the Tin Crystallization Catalyst and absolutely obliterate while you're stacking Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest ring. But, it will cut your casts of each spell in half. I have MLGS builds that don't cast, and using that weapon alone works magic (no pun intended.) So having stacked magic amplifiers, you will see really good results. There's endless possibilities with builds like these.
    Wtf. Why is the 125 using a Claymore now. Nevermind, i fixed it.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:59 pm

TooLeet wrote:I was gonna do that but i never get hit by CSS. So making a character easier to kill is not a good trade off for a spell that isn't reliable. 
    Yeah, I was just throwing it out there.  But, it's also 4 more into int for everything that it scales with and CSS is no easier to dodge than SS.  I kill triple digit SL people with a HCSM/CSS combo all the time with 44 int, Logan's cat and nothing else.  Maybe with CoD you don't need any more damage, but I don't think CSS is unreliable at all.  It's just about timing and you can use HCSM to force people to roll when you want (sometimes without losing the soul masses too).  A real good trick is to trade casts with a DB user at distance.  Another is to cast after a UGS whiff -- often people automatically swing twice.  

The question is will the extra damage get you more kills you wouldn't have gotten otherwise compared to how many times the extra HP will do the same.  With CoD it may not matter, anyway.  However, I suspect you'll get more kills with extra damage than you will surviving with 98 HP or less.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 pm

You can do something similar with pursuers +Css
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Personally I feel pursuers is easier to dodge, unless the game totally lags you out.  I prefer the speed of HCSM personally, anyway.  But, that reminds me of another trick; HCSM+CSS on someone with pursuers cast.  The false confidence pursuers gives most people is staggering.  Most walk right up to you in a hurry to get pursuers after you.  They expect you to run from it, but if you stand there and cast CSS w/HCSM you don't even have to dodge sometimes -- they die and pursuers go bye-bye.  The best part is you can still dodge the pursuers if it misses or doesn't kill them outright.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 pm

HippyClown wrote:Was unaware i was not allowed to post something like that, i changed my message, sorry about that pirate.
    Forum (as in the place, not me) rules and all that.

you can still tell the story, just not give out his id. saying "his name had lagstab in it" is fine, to my knowledge.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:20 am

Hey guys! Guess who's back? Me! (for now) lol!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:02 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:I was gonna do that but i never get hit by CSS. So making a character easier to kill is not a good trade off for a spell that isn't reliable. 
    Yeah, I was just throwing it out there.  But, it's also 4 more into int for everything that it scales with and CSS is no easier to dodge than SS.  I kill triple digit SL people with a HCSM/CSS combo all the time with 44 int, Logan's cat and nothing else.  Maybe with CoD you don't need any more damage, but I don't think CSS is unreliable at all.  It's just about timing and you can use HCSM to force people to roll when you want (sometimes without losing the soul masses too).  A real good trick is to trade casts with a DB user at distance.  Another is to cast after a UGS whiff -- often people automatically swing twice.  

The question is will the extra damage get you more kills you wouldn't have gotten otherwise compared to how many times the extra HP will do the same.  With CoD it may not matter, anyway.  However, I suspect you'll get more kills with extra damage than you will surviving with 98 HP or less.
    I feel it. But, i wasn't worried about me. I was worried about someone who had just returned to Dark Souls after a long break. silly  (HippyClown) The person i made the build for.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:17 am

BeeSeaEss wrote:Hey guys! Guess who's back? Me! (for now) lol!
    Welcome back Bee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 am