Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 5 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:09 am

I would like to help, I have two two PVP toons that could help invading and take back the forest.

1. SL125 Darkmoon Blade
    2. SL58 Darkwraith
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 5 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:12 am

Welcome to the cause Mr. Kiwi, by the way might you be from New Zealand?

Feel free to join in, on your Dark Wraith it might do better to get a bit higher up in SL but I'm sure you'll still find action no matter what! The forest is always filled with those who need a swift demise. By the way as an invader you can always check the Glory of Alvina Thread, the second Link in my signature. We've been posting a lot of helpful ideas for those invading in the forest so feel free to make use of them and really punish the farmers for this event. big grin
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:27 am

Tolvo wrote:Welcome to the cause Mr. Kiwi, by the way might you be from New Zealand?

Feel free to join in, on your Dark Wraith it might do better to get a bit higher up in SL but I'm sure you'll still find action no matter what! The forest is always filled with those who need a swift demise. By the way as an invader you can always check the Glory of Alvina Thread, the second Link in my signature. We've been posting a lot of helpful ideas for those invading in the forest so feel free to make use of them and really punish the farmers for this event. big grin

Haha, yeah. SL58 is a bit too low but I can try my best with the little guy. I do use bleed weapons so that might help silly
    Sure, I will definitely check the Alvina thread. If possible I will also try to create a new toon and put it in the Forest Hunter covenant to help out on that side as well.

No sorry, it's more along the lines of Kiwi the fruit
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:52 am

I forgot about Deviant Art haha, I have some posters I'm working on for Forest of the damned, and I can actually submit them to Dark Souls Fanart groups and use them as means of getting attention to Forest of the Damned. What do you think of that idea?

EDIT: Scratch that, there aren't any.

Look Skyward
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:01 pm

What do you guys say is the best sl for this event? im sl110 atm, but i still got a week to farm the farmers for souls to lvl up.
    i heard 120 is like the sl for pvp so i guess i can get to 120 in a week.
    But i also need to buy myself a load of lloyds and green moss so i might be a lower SL.

Last edited by Emergence on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cant type lol)
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Bamjam wrote:What do you guys say is the best sl for this event? im sl110 atm, but i still got a week to farm the farmers for souls to lvl up.
    But i also need to buy myself a load of lloyds and green moss so i might be a lower SL.

Bamjam - if you are hunter then any level will do. If you are DM,GL,DW then you may want to get to SL 120 and hold there - anyone has any input for Bamjam on this?

Yes - everyone please take a look at the top post in this thread - I created a pre-mass invasion checklist which mentions that everyone should load up on consumables and items so you don't have to leave during the 24 hr period to do any farming, purchasing, etc. We want to maintain consistent and maximum pressure on the farmers during the invasion period - if we don't let them dig in (i.e. host chillin in the forest with multiple phantoms - quickly killing invaders one by one) then it will that much easier for us.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Brokewilly, im a Forestbro so than it shouldnt be a problem.
    i guess ill stock up on green moss and lloyds first then, can always get more souls to level further after buying all these items.
    Maybe i should also get some dragonslayer arrows to harrass the farmers a bit from a distance lol.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:33 pm

I actually recommend the Pharis bow and feather arrows to harass from a HUGE distance or poison arrows to harass/taunt/terrify. I often get a very fast reaction from poison arrows in particular.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 pm

DMs can invade down too but for maximum effect i wouldn't go past 130-135 because it looks for players near your sl first.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    Bamjam wrote:What do you guys say is the best sl for this event? im sl110 atm, but i still got a week to farm the farmers for souls to lvl up.

Bamjam - if you are hunter then any level will do. If you are DM,GL,DW then you may want to get to SL 120 and hold there - anyone has any input for Bamjam on this?

Yes - everyone please take a look at the top post in this thread - I created a pre-mass invasion checklist which mentions that everyone should load up on consumables and items so you don't have to leave during the 24 hr period to do any farming, purchasing, etc. We want to maintain consistent and maximum pressure on the farmers during the invasion period - if we don't let them dig in (i.e. host chillin in the forest with multiple phantoms - quickly killing invaders one by one) then it will that much easier for us.

Well ideally DW need to be in the Alvina section of the forest as well as DMs.

This presents a slight problem because if the DW are anywhere within the +/- 10% they risk curse by the gravelords. Same thing with DMs

Ideally DWs should not exceed sl 110 and DMs should not fall below 140.

Another thing is to make the sl of gravelords baseline 130. However, we have setteled at 120. Let me know what you guys think.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

This presents a slight problem because if the DW are anywhere within the +/- 10% they risk curse by the gravelords. Same thing with DMs

Another thing is to make the sl of gravelords baseline 130. However, we have setteled at 120. Let me know what you guys think.

Those are great recommendations on the suggested baseline SLs for members of the DW,DM and GL covenants who wish to aid our cause - I will post this information at the top of the thread.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 pm

PS3 communication tip.... If you don't have a keyboard or wish to use your tv screen there is a better way. If you splurged on a Vita you can manage conversations with it and keep the tv/ps3 free if you need to act quickly. I got a message last night after telling a hunter who got jumped about our event. Ididn't open last night on the ps3 and the message popped up tonight when I turned on the vita. When I get a chance I will see if you can bring up the players met list to initiate conversations but at the very least you can continue them once started.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:52 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:PS3 communication tip.... If you don't have a keyboard or wish to use your tv screen there is a better way. If you splurged on a Vita you can manage conversations with it and keep the tv/ps3 free if you need to act quickly. I got a message last night after telling a hunter who got jumped about our event. Ididn't open last night on the ps3 and the message popped up tonight when I turned on the vita. When I get a chance I will see if you can bring up the players met list to initiate conversations but at the very least you can continue them once started.

Good information - once you finish your testing post it and I will add to the top of this thread.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Brokewilly did you see the map? I am actually going to change it a bit but could you compare your description to the map. I think I might have mis-communicated on this one.

http://tinypic.com/m/fcuy6p/3 <---- new map

Just look at it, I will update it right now and I will proceed to PM you the link so you can post it in the OP.

Last edited by DxV04 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 pm

I kind of feel like I should wear a military outfit and helmet and use a stick to point out places to assault on that map haha...Damnit now I'm going to make a whole run through guide of how to use the forest. Look what you people are doing to me! There's a reason I've reached insomniac status I think. :drunken:
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

DxV04 - when you get a chance take a look at the information I added to the top of this thread regarding the recommended covenant SL and forest locations you provided to ensure it is accurate. I placed the information in the covenant tactics section.

Let me know if you see anything inaccurate and I will revise as needed.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 pm

DxV04 wrote:Brokewilly did you see the map? I am actually going to change it a bit but could you compare your description to the map. I think I might have mis-communicated on this one.

http://tinypic.com/m/fctaif/3

Just look at it, I will update it right now and I will proceed to PM you the link so you can post it in the OP.

Roger that - I will take a look and see if aligns with the information you provided - I'll get right back with you.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Tolvo wrote:I kind of feel like I should wear a military outfit and helmet and use a stick to point out places to assault on that map haha...Damnit now I'm going to make a whole run through guide of how to use the forest. Look what you people are doing to me! There's a reason I've reached insomniac status I think. :drunken:

Rock on dude!! That information would be very useful indeed. It does kinda feel like we are planning for an invasion - oh I guess we are twisted !!! This is making me long for my days when I was in the Air Force.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Tolvo wrote:I kind of feel like I should wear a military outfit and helmet and use a stick to point out places to assault on that map haha...Damnit now I'm going to make a whole run through guide of how to use the forest. Look what you people are doing to me! There's a reason I've reached insomniac status I think. :drunken:

hahaha you like that map? I can make you a bigger one with all the areas of the forest. Cut it up into sections and then you can do what you want with it. big grin
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Brokewilly wrote:

DxV04 - when you get a chance take a look at the information I added to the top of this thread regarding the recommended covenant SL and forest locations you provided to ensure it is accurate. I placed the information in the covenant tactics section.

Let me know if you see anything inaccurate and I will revise as needed.

new map coming soon, I checked it out and everything except for what I had mentioned earlier is perfect. I need to get this out to gamefaqs.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 pm

If you have some way of signifying Zones I can make things sound a bit more professional then, "Alright, now in that thicks woods kind of near where the Pharis Spawn is, you know the place where the trees are really close together," Yes I do like that forest, thank you very much for it. big grin
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Do you want the whole forest? Basin and all? As far as signifying areas. If you give me a list of the names of the areas. I can put them on there. I am very familiar with the forest so 9 out of 10 I will know exactly where you are a talking about. By the way, I can also put red dots for the BP locations in case some do not know.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 pm

I posted these in the Glory Thread, but I forgot I should have posted them here and asked for suggestions for Slogans, I haven't put any text on these yet so I will probably make various ones with different words on them.

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 5 NitooftheDarkrootWoods

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 5 AlvinaoftheDarkrootWoods

There is a reason I'm not an artists haha, but hey it's something.

So far my only ideas were.

"Her words are the Bark, Be the Bite.

Forest of the Damned.

Kick those Free-Loading Farmers out!"

"Do you think he doesn't see you behind those trees?

Forest of the Damned.

Join Nito and friends in destroying those pesky farmers."

Any other ideas?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm

DxV04 wrote:Brokewilly did you see the map? I am actually going to change it a bit but could you compare your description to the map. I think I might have mis-communicated on this one.

http://tinypic.com/m/fctaif/3

Okay - I think I can understand the map. The area to the left of Alvina's location is the area closest to Astoria's gate (i.e. Alvina's side of the forest) and the other side is where the MPs are located. Is this correct?

Per the map it appears you want the GLs to drop EoDs in the area to the left of Alvina (the side closest to Astorias gate if my original interpretation is correct), inside the room with Alvina and on the bridge immediately leaving Alvina's room (going towards the MP area). Let me know if I am wrong in my understanding of the map and I will correct the information at the top of the thread.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 pm

So me an brokewilly had a little conversation and we had this idea.

Imagine this...

Jumpers come in and clear the forest of the mage, the theif, the clerick, the knight and the axe guy.

It would be cool for cracked orb users or DW to invade role playing as those Forest Hunters, (even shiva and the ninja) as if they are coming back from the dead as Black Phantoms.

so what do think. It is the forest of the dammed and with gravelords cursing BP Forest Hunters would be cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:22 am