Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 pm

I Gotcha now. Another great point. If you can infect from the fire that would be amazing but potentially boring for you if the fog gates prevent you from fighting. I think your last post is a great idea we can always leave the GL world if we invade a friendly. This is starting to feel like Christmas
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by DxV04 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I still get plenty of action if I stand by the bonfire area, since farmers will be constatly dying whether the GL is outside or inside we will see action hehe.

Well one way for FH to switch lobbies and quit invading a friendly GL host in the forest is to quit and reload. The only way a GL can help a FH to move to another host is by leaving the Alvina area either by walking out the door once the fog clears or suicide hehe.
    Ignus-Dej
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ignus-Dej Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Forest hunter here to join the hunt!
    I prefer march 24th, since the fight club is on march 17th.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:What Sl are we looking at. It needs to be good for all covenants. I mean hunters don't have to worry but is there a guideline DM,DW, GLS level that invasions happen at? 120?

Oh and as always my quote to any hate mail is "Papa Nito loves you!".

ViralEnsign - whatever toon you want to use to invade the forest should be ok with everyone participating in this event. I would recommend you connect with other covenant members (of the type of toon you are looking to invade with) for recommendations of SLs they have successfully invaded the forest with. Also, you may want to reach out to other members of the forum who have specific toons in covenants you are interested in using. I even think the GLs can tag-team areas - so that may be a possibility (checkout the GL thread in this sub-forum). Specifically, if the host is SL100 you would want use a toon (be it DM, DW or GL) an appropriate SL to increase your chances of an successful invasion. Basically, you should be able to test out a DM SL75, DW SL100, GL SL30 for example to see which invasions are more successful @ one specific SL range. I am hoping everyone will use this time to try out every trick/tactic/config to see what is effective and what is not - lets say the forest will be an intense proving grounds for period of time.

Remember the forest is an interesting place - the hosts/farmers are all over the place (low, intermediate, high, very high, etc)in regards to SL - so you should be successful with multiple SLs/covenant toons. Our objective is to intensify forest invasions at a specific date and time (or if you are a GL this would be the place/time to take a stroll through the forest to spawn your BP brethren and curse hosts if possible).

Whatever assistance you can provide to support us on this event would be greatly appreciated.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Ignus-Dej wrote:Forest hunter here to join the hunt!
    I prefer march 24th, since the fight club is on march 17th.

Yeah - I heard it was a FC on the 17th and I have been leaning towards March 24th anyway since it will give us more time to plan.

I will be making an announcement on the 1st post in this thread establishing the date for Sat, March 24th (duration of the event will be 24 solid hours - I think we should conduct invasions at all times of one (1) 24 hour period if possible)

We humbly Proper Bow accept your support on this event.

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:43 pm

As soon as you announce the date, I will add it to the calendar.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:44 pm

I'll switch my Darkmoon to a Gravelord. Its the quickest way to hit sl 120 with a GL toon. And then I'll have to get sunlight blade otherwise my damage will be underwhelming.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 am

It's always customary for me to ask permission ahead of time, so when you have decided on a date, is this event something you would like to see us promote on twitter?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:07 am

Emergence wrote:It's always customary for me to ask permission ahead of time, so when you have decided on a date, is this event something you would like to see us promote on twitter?

You can do that? Wow maybe you guys should seriously consider this.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:50 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Emergence wrote:It's always customary for me to ask permission ahead of time, so when you have decided on a date, is this event something you would like to see us promote on twitter?

Yea this would be great. I would LOL if jumpers would vanish from the foresthaha
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 am

DxV04 wrote:As far as a sign for FH or DW or DM that come a black crystal won't work because the option to leave is given before the animation.

I say just wave and the proper bow should be enough if they rush you maybe just run away. Or fight and after the fight send the message. That is what I do when I am inside the FH area.

To the FH, for GLs to produce BP Mushrooms we don't have to be inside the Alvina part of the the forest. I have proven this. We can spawn both Stone Giants and Mushroom BPs if we stand by the bonfire outside the Artorias door.

The reason why I bring this up is if we have lots of Gravelords inside the Alvina part of the forest FH forces that should be funneled to the jumpers are going to be funneled to GL. At the same time that area outside the artorias door is kinda tricky for PvP so maybe GL should shuttle between both areas. Or should we just stay in the Alvina part of the forest?

DxV04 - I am personally relying on your GL expertise and your knowledge of the lay-out of the upper forest terrain to decide the best location to do your gravelord thing. It appears what you are saying is you would like to target a certain portion of forest (outside Astorias gate)for Gravelording work - resulting in a decreased chance of hunters invading a GL (specifically an event participant) while in human - thus directing more of hunter invasions near the farmers. If my understanding is correct - I am all for it since this should decrease friendly fire incidents while allowing you to retain the full effectiveness of your GL abilities.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:12 am

DxV04 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

Yea this would be great. I would LOL if jumpers would vanish from the foresthaha

Social media is always good - advertising on Twitter would increase the visibility of the event - more carnage for everyone!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 am

Lol could even start a counter movement amongst farmers. Then this would be an all out war for supremacy.twisted

I like this.

The only issue I see with trying to GL in the forest is that farmers won't be able to see our signs. Though the world curse is still nice.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:45 am

Everyone I have updated the top post in this thread - I will continue to revise and add information as it becomes available.

DxV04 - I will post the information you wanted me to take note of in an abbreviated covenant-specific tips section I will be creating in the top post.

And yes to all my brothers in arms - the push back has begun!!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:54 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:so the push back is finally happening eh?
    i will be there with my lvl 215 darkwraith to invade and help you guys push

to be completely honest i'll just be there to sate my thrist for farmer's blood

Scudman_Slayer - your blade is graciously Prostration accepted - we hope to honor you with many opportunities to extract your vengeance on the farmers.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 am

I'm a dm but farmers are all sinners in my book, you have my blade as well.

I'd also recommend hitting up other forums/ facebook as well to garner more support. If it hasn't been done already. Let them fear us before our forces have mobilised.

I'm not the best fighter, but i'm always will to share my tactics/ learn new things as well. My psn is Forum_Pirate. (familiar right?)
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm a dm but farmers are all sinners in my book, you have my blade as well.

I'd also recommend hitting up other forums/ facebook as well to garner more support. If it hasn't been done already. Let them fear us before our forces have mobilised.

I'm not the best fighter, but i'm always will to share my tactics/ learn new things as well. My psn is Forum_Pirate. (familiar right?)

Forum_Pirate - welcome to the struggle. I have seen u on the forum. I am sure your blade will be of great help Hurrah taking back the forest (at least for a little while).

I am in the process of contacting all hunters and GLs in the Book of the Guilty on XBOX so we will be getting the word out on this.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 am

My PSN has been acting up so sadly I haven't been able to contact anyone and tell them about the event.

And Welcome Forum, the Moons are welcome as well to this event, hell anyone with a cracked eye orb is welcome to join in on punishing the farmers of the forest!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 am

Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:As far as a sign for FH or DW or DM that come a black crystal won't work because the option to leave is given before the animation.

I say just wave and the proper bow should be enough if they rush you maybe just run away. Or fight and after the fight send the message. That is what I do when I am inside the FH area.

To the FH, for GLs to produce BP Mushrooms we don't have to be inside the Alvina part of the the forest. I have proven this. We can spawn both Stone Giants and Mushroom BPs if we stand by the bonfire outside the Artorias door.

The reason why I bring this up is if we have lots of Gravelords inside the Alvina part of the forest FH forces that should be funneled to the jumpers are going to be funneled to GL. At the same time that area outside the artorias door is kinda tricky for PvP so maybe GL should shuttle between both areas. Or should we just stay in the Alvina part of the forest?

DxV04 - I am personally relying on your GL expertise and your knowledge of the lay-out of the upper forest terrain to decide the best location to do your gravelord thing. It appears what you are saying is you would like to target a certain portion of forest (outside Astorias gate)for Gravelording work - resulting in a decreased chance of hunters invading a GL (specifically an event participant) while in human - thus directing more of hunter invasions near the farmers. If my understanding is correct - I am all for it since this should decrease friendly fire incidents while allowing you to retain the full effectiveness of your GL abilities.

That is correct Brokewilly. However, if there are hunters with EoD's to donate then there should be GLs in the forest so I will submit to GL's that they should rotate in and out of the upper part of the forest. I will discuss specific strategies with them and will PM you the details.

The second part to this was pointed out by skarekrow13 and that is Forest Hunters should camp outside the Darkroot forest completely to avoid being cursed by a Grvaelord. That way only questers and jumpers are victims of fortune. I think you noted that already big grin

What would be beneficial is if some FH could farm in the Depths some EoDs to drop off to the brave GL's that decide to stay inside the Alvina area of the forest. I supposed that would be left to each individual FH member. Proper Bow
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 am

I will proceed as usual and spread the word in the other forums. I start now.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am

Dx I already have 90 EoD's for that exact purpose haha, and a ton of humanity as well.

Are we able to use the ring outside of the forest? I've never been summoned outside of it, but I'll try it when I can and see if so, because if that is the case that will be a lot more useful.

Broke do you think we should mention the SPECIAL TRICK to Dx, because that could solve certain, issues?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 am

Tolvo, you can be summoned from any part of Lordran if you have the Cat covenant ring on. I moonlight as a FH and I have done so. big grin And Yes, he was kind enough to let me in that trick hehe.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 am

Ah, then you see just how devastating things can be for the farmers then haha.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

Social media is always good - advertising on Twitter would increase the visibility of the event - more carnage for everyone!!!

Yup, we certainly can. We have a decent amount of followers there, so we will see if it gains you any supporters. At the least it will garner attention.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 am

Tolvo wrote:Dx I already have 90 EoD's for that exact purpose haha, and a ton of humanity as well.

Are we able to use the ring outside of the forest? I've never been summoned outside of it, but I'll try it when I can and see if so, because if that is the case that will be a lot more useful.

Broke do you think we should mention the SPECIAL TRICK to Dx, because that could solve certain, issues?

Tolvo - yeah DxV04 is already looped in on the special tactic so he is mission ready:twisted: .

You are correct the Cat Cov Ring works anywhere in Lordran - I personnally invade from the Undead Burg - far from the forest so the possibility of my toon getting cursed is slim to none.

Yeah - I am going to farm some EoDs in the Depths so I be prepared to hand them out to any human form GLs who are doing there thing within the forest proper.

For XBOX users only (don't know if PSN has a web site were u can access the text/chat functionality outside the game) - I usually have my laptop logging into XBOX Live web site so I am able to text /voice chat without having to bring up a menu on the screen (one farmer tried the old in-game PM then sneak up on u trick - I killed him just for playing so dirty - so I never use the in-game PM - it may get you killed)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:52 pm