Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 3 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 am

PSN party chat isn't disabled. we can talk to each other in game. no website necessary.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 3 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Spurgun Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:13 am

im in with my FH at sl 120 Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 3 3207319737
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 am

hellooo wrote:im in with my FH at sl 120 Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 3 3207319737

Hellooo - welcome bro - excellent another hunter has decided to join our ranks for the mass invasion.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:35 am

I might actually be switching between invading and GL'ing for this event, since I've managed to get a new GL toon up there a bit so I'll see how that goes.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Ok I added the event to the calendar and tweeted it. I made an attempt to link the tweet here, but unfortunately twitter's mobile options are oddly limited in some functions.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm

hmm sounds like I may have to make myself a darkmoon for this one.

Should be a fun ride big grin
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Darkmoons are uniquely suited to help because their permissive level restrictions are similar to the hunters but they are not hampered a ring slot. Plus they can get DMB on the playing field.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Tolvo wrote:I might actually be switching between invading and GL'ing for this event, since I've managed to get a new GL toon up there a bit so I'll see how that goes.

Tolvo - sounds good to me - switching between FH and GL would definitely keep things interesting for you and the farmers for that matter:twisted: .

Emergence - thanks for adding to the event to forum calendar and Twitter - hopefully knowledge of this will start to spread like wildfire.

T minus 10 days til jump off !!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:hmm sounds like I may have to make myself a darkmoon for this one.

Should be a fun ride big grin
    Awesome, i'm starting a really aggressive campaign to fix our rep. If you stay on your help would be appreciated there too. I know you generally stick to the sun but we need all the help we can get.

Also Good to have more join the cause of farmer slaughter. Never gets old
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:01 pm

This sounds like lot of fun, I (and Boo) will join you in your hunt!

Also, Brokewilly, thanks for the advice regarding Xbox live, never thought about that. Will save me alot of time instead of writing ingame.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Generic possible wraith/ moon slogan:

"The darkness has come, your sun can not save you."

"We do not fear the light, you will lean to fear the dark"

"Alvinas servants are not the only hunters in this forest"

"The Hunters don't like you, neither do we."

"You seem to have a ghost problem, we can fix that."

"Please, let us give you despair."

"The darkness has claimed you, and the forest flourishes in your absence."
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Love that last one.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Generic possible wraith/ moon slogan:

"The darkness has come, your sun can not save you."

"We do not fear the light, you will lean to fear the dark"

"Alvinas servants are not the only hunters in this forest"

"The Hunters don't like you, neither do we."

"You seem to have a ghost problem, we can fix that."

"Please, let us give you despair."

"The darkness has claimed you, and the forest flourishes in your absence."

Yeah - that last one appears very appropriate for a DW/DM slogan - I haved added to the top post in this thread - so we have three total we can use to respond to hate PMs.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Shungi wrote:This sounds like lot of fun, I (and Boo) will join you in your hunt!

Also, Brokewilly, thanks for the advice regarding Xbox live, never thought about that. Will save me alot of time instead of writing ingame.

Shungi - I welcome you (and Boo) to our ranks - your blade will be well used in this endeavor.

Yeah - using your laptop to PM on Xbox Live is the best way to do it so you can keep you eyes on the prize - a farmer's destruction twisted .
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:42 pm

So what is the exact strategy? Are the hunters, wraiths, and moons to direct the action towards the Mushroom section? Also, I am assuming the gravelords are looking for some action as well, by having these hosts seek out and invade their worlds? Or are they simply looking to provide consistent cursing?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Well I'd have to say there are different things for different fronts and levels depending on how well the forest event goes.

GL's will be getting a lot of Eyes of Death and invaders who won't just gang up on them. Possibly if the Farmers start to notice this huge push and if there are enough BP's in their worlds they will start seeking out the GL's more so they'll also be seeing more action. There is of course the pride in knowing that they are helping clean out the forest as well, hell as a Forest Hunter I'll probably be leaving the world of GL's via suicide to give them souls.

For all invaders in the forest there will be powerful BP's to help them out in winning fights, if there are enough GL's joining in that is. As well by some miracle if we can manage to really hit the farmers hard enough and get them into the mentality that they will simply lose in the forest no matter what that they will leave. We can have a nice PvP zone that is not just full of gang banging, it could help out the duelling scene and others. I think it could help the community in general and even inspire other events within to help get rid of those who farm and gang up on invaders, it could also help promote people to not gang up on GL's and instead fight them one on one.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of advantages to this whole scenario that I am missing, these were just some points I thought I should stress.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Also how far out have you gone? The other dks wiki, 4chan, n4g, game faqs, neo seeker, Froms forums, sony/microsofts forums, all those places could be used to spread the word. We have a chance at vengeance here, lets make it count. I'll hit up where i can but the ps3 doesn't like some websites much.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Also how far out have you gone? The other dks wiki, 4chan, n4g, game faqs, neo seeker, Froms forums, sony/microsofts forums, all those places could be used to spread the word. We have a chance at vengeance here, lets make it count. I'll hit up where i can but the ps3 doesn't like some websites much.

I will be trolling those sites as well to enlist help. Also if you are on the PSN - try to reach out those who may be willing to help out. On the XBOX I am PM'ing hunters, GLs, and DMs to see if they are interested.

I just invaded with another hunter (let him have a nice 1v1 with the host - plus I gave him a buff with my Trident twisted - it was beautiful victory) so I shot him a PM after the fight and he seemed interested in the mass invasion. So any hunter invading with another hunter should try to reach out to them to see if they want to participate. I am trying to hit this from all angles.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Does anyone know if for the PS3 there are keyboard plug ins like on the Xbox? That would make things a hell of a lot easier for me.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 pm

no. but a standard usb keyboard works on the ps3 fine.

I am on psn, i'll do what ever i can to help.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Emergence wrote:So what is the exact strategy? Are the hunters, wraiths, and moons to direct the action towards the Mushroom section? Also, I am assuming the gravelords are looking for some action as well, by having these hosts seek out and invade their worlds? Or are they simply looking to provide consistent cursing?

The strategy I am suggesting to GLs is to choose between 2 areas in the forest. The first area is near the bonfire outside Artorias door. Cursing here spawns both BP mushrooms and BP stone giants. Also staying out here will allow forest hunters to invade jumpers primarily with out running into gravelords.

The second area is to stand where the tree line ends and the clearing begins. This way forest hunters will know they are not jumpers when they invade the world of a gravelord and will be able to drop off eyes of death if they happen to have some.
    We know that jumpers hang out by the steps most of the time so they will be able to see the gravelord sign if we stand at the edge between the clearing and the end of the tree line.

Gravelords are welcomed to move closer to the stairs but stay inside the trees that way any invading forest hunter, darkwrath or darkmoon knows they are not jumpers. They should always look for the smoky aura.

To gravelords if you are attacked by any darkwraiths, darkmoons or forest hunter your job is to defeat them and then invite them to join the invasion. only if you can of course. Win or loose you should mention to them our purpose.

Any ideas or concerns please let me know.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Also how far out have you gone? The other dks wiki, 4chan, n4g, game faqs, neo seeker, Froms forums, sony/microsofts forums, all those places could be used to spread the word. We have a chance at vengeance here, lets make it count. I'll hit up where i can but the ps3 doesn't like some websites much.

I usually lurk in Demon Souls, prepare to die and gamefaq dark souls board. I can create threads there to spread the word.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 pm

So I've been going through the book of the Guilty, and I cannot find any Hunters or GL's at all! Seriously, it looks like everyone is Path of the Dragon for some odd reason.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    Shungi wrote:This sounds like lot of fun, I (and Boo) will join you in your hunt!

Shungi - I welcome you (and Boo) to our ranks - your blade will be well used in this endeavor.

Yeah - using your laptop to PM on Xbox Live is the best way to do it so you can keep you eyes on the prize - a farmer's destruction twisted .

I just want to add that you are limited to the number of messages to non friends so try to save your messages and only reply to hate mail once. If you absolutely need to send a message to someone you are able to bypass this limitation by sending a friend request. They need not accept for you to continue sending messages hehe. I do not know if there are limits to how many friend request you can send in one day.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    For XBOX users only I usually have my laptop logging into XBOX Live web site so I am able to text /voice chat without having to bring up a menu on the screen (one farmer tried the old in-game PM then sneak up on u trick - I killed him just for playing so dirty - so I never use the in-game PM - it may get you killed)

Brokewilly,

how do you use the chat function in xbox.com? Or did I misunderstand you?

I had a guy who was using the ring of fog while I gravelorded the forest. he was a cracked orb or dw user. He invades but never shows up so I start walking. I notice the dead foliage moving so I get closer and the invader ran. I ran after him but could not find him. Next thing you know he sent me a msg. but like you I looked at the xbox.com site and saw him coming up.

Anyway, after I killed him (he did run a second time after I poisoned him) I told him he belongs in the depths with the scum there. haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am