Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PlasticandRage
Po1ymorph
SlakeMoth
ChizFreak
Forum Pirate
Carphil
DxV04
bloodpixel
Rynoa
ARSP
callipygias
befowler
meridam99
JY4answer
Sal Paradise
Yesuurd
Whknight
Maneater_Mildred
Gravelord hunter
Emergence
BLA1NE
Tolvo
berkut
Serious_Much
GrEeNgObLiN
FexDS
30 posters

Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon

Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon - Page 2 Empty Re: Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon

Post by Whknight Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Ugh thanks for mentioning this Fex, I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for the amount of butthurt he's going to be feeling soon.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon - Page 2 Empty Re: Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon

Post by Emergence Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:45 pm

As I recall, you need to leave a lot of personal info to be a paid vendor at Amazon. Heck we tried to simply set up an Amazon referral link to give the wiki more exposure and it was asking me for everything short of a fingerprint.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Crap I have to have an account to rant? Bleh could someone add in how upset I am next time they post please! Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon - Page 2 945058907
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Whoever did this certainly attempted to chain BS all of us (or i guess you guys since i'm clearly not as well respected as other). But we all know what I like to do to back stabbers
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 am

FexDS wrote:@BLA1NE, don't worry the very existence of the wiki makes From money. If there was no wiki and forums the community would fragment and wither and the players would resell their games and not care about it. We are doing our part to keep the game active and selling! happy

That makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside! Sun
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:46 am

amazing, the world of opportunist douchebags...I wrote my comment but I pm you the draft Fex so you revise dunno much about this and law or whatever I am just a simple artist, didn't want to be writting the wrong info.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:54 am

yesu bro you sign it with a pen name anonymously, you the review doesn't get linked to your account but you do need one to post. Just say whatever, long as you don't be aggressive then you should be fine
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 am

Ahh I thought of it but I wanted it with my name for more credibility so I don't mind if it is truly what it is, thanks though serious probably better anonymously as you say.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:59 am

Yesuurd wrote:Ahh I thought of it but I wanted it with my name for more credibility so I don't mind if it is truly what it is, thanks though serious probably better anonymously as you say.

ahaha I'm saying you CAN iv signed my response with my name, but hasn't shown up yet... damn amazon taking 48 hours to post my comment sad
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 am

hahahaha serious you must be dying inside from the repression of your posting faster than lightning abilities! sorry dude!

Sorry now I got what you meant by signing pen name anonymously, didn't read it right.
    Sal Paradise
    Sal Paradise

Post by Sal Paradise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:17 am

Reminds me of this glorious series of books:
    http://tinyurl.com/cxrgqts , http://tinyurl.com/cs5g6zl or http://tinyurl.com/cmqry5d
    Copying Wiki articles FTW!
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 am

You damn hollow! How dare you try to profit from such work!Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon - Page 2 1447589260

Indeed good eye Fex. How the heck did you find this out?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:34 am

I just posted a review...anyone else want to hit something right now?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 am

I posted one too, I wanna blow up something yes.

http://somethingjustgotreal.com/

I never get tired of posting this.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 am

A good samaritan by the name of @strangeloupe alerted us via twitter. So if anyone uses twitter, please jump on and say a big thank you from the community!
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:40 am

I neve use twitter but will go into my account just for this.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:38 am

My review is up (as "Yossarian"). I can't tell you how disgusting it is to see passages I actually wrote being offered for sale by that bleepity bleep bleep.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Yossarian. Awesome. I knew there was something I liked about you.big grin
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:47 pm

So I spoke to my brother who specializes in internet security or information security, he says there is no problem with anyone voicing out on amazon and more so since this woman is the one infringing on copyrights, so go ahead and post what you feel you should without remorse.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:53 pm

callipygias wrote:Yossarian. Awesome. I knew there was something I liked about you.big grin

Lol yeah that's my US amazon account, I've had it since forever. It seems to let me post on the UK site for some reason, without really transferring any other info. I have learned something new this day.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:06 pm

10,000 Souls says this Tamara Hamtam never beat darksouls
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:40 pm

She probably actually doesn't know much about Dark Souls, she probably just saw the site was popular and decided to do this. As I've said, you see crap like this happen all the time to deviant art artists who actually make money off of their work. Usually the person knows nothing about the site or art itself, they just copy images and sell them as commissions, etc.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:46 pm

we have 4 reviews up already! our community rocks! the author has more guides which look like crap btw and only the mass effect guide has 2 reviews which are mostly bad, so not only does the author steal but is actually bad at making guides, I mean atleast if you steal the material do something well.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Isn't there someway to report them? Going through their list all I see is 'guides' which I imagine are ripped off something else. Now I'm not completely sure with copyright laws, but couldn't they end up in some hot water with a federal government?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:32 pm

We have alerted Amazon and have initialized our legal contingency. Yes we have one. In the meantime, thank you all for rallying to the cause! Keep the reviews coming, we will do everything we can to make sure the individual is held accountable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am