Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PlasticandRage
Po1ymorph
SlakeMoth
ChizFreak
Forum Pirate
Carphil
DxV04
bloodpixel
Rynoa
ARSP
callipygias
befowler
meridam99
JY4answer
Sal Paradise
Yesuurd
Whknight
Maneater_Mildred
Gravelord hunter
Emergence
BLA1NE
Tolvo
berkut
Serious_Much
GrEeNgObLiN
FexDS
30 posters

Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon - Page 3 Empty Re: Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon

Post by Rynoa Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 pm

I just submitted a review too.
    I am aware of the things happening in the DA community, where art theft is a very extended problem for most of the artists. I saw art being stolen and sold as stickers, posters, t-shirts and printed on various souvenirs and sold on e-bay.

Didn't think it could happen to a wiki, too :evil:
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon - Page 3 Empty Re: Unreal: Moron tries to sell the wiki on Amazon

Post by bloodpixel Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 pm

His/her other guides are also ****, it appears.

Last edited by bloodpixel on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:01 pm

berkut wrote:Definitely interesting, while i think that this was a deplorable act on the part of the person trying to sell the information, I think that all of you should take it as a compliment that this person thought that the information that you have all contributed to the wiki was impressive enough that it could be commercially feasible to sell silly. Good eye catching this Fex happy.

I did not read your whole statement but I have to disagree. As far as taking it as a compliment. He probably thinks we are a bunch of no life having nerds etc. I am sure this is the same guy who used the gamefaqs forum for ideas to sell in amazon. I saw this about 2 months ago in a thread there.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Not worth a Zimbabwean dollar. I just TWOP her.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:19 pm

befowler wrote:My review is up (as "Yossarian"). I can't tell you how disgusting it is to see passages I actually wrote being offered for sale by that bleepity bleep bleep.

WAO Befowler, you killed her with that review!!! Just Awesome. Thanks for posting that.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 pm

My review still hasnt hit when you guys have. I'm pissed lol silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:My review still hasnt hit when you guys have. I'm pissed lol silly

silly mine was approved instantly !! yeay I guess having an account helps...do you have an account? I also made a comment here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-is-a-scam/forum/Fx2WITL99154QCP/TxZ98GNU4D8UHO/1/ref=cm_cd_ef_rt_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B006ZR8PEU
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm

I have an account. Maybe I wasn't logged in properly or something, oh well silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Serious_Much wrote:My review still hasnt hit when you guys have. I'm pissed lol silly

I was actually looking forward to reading yours!!! sad
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:27 pm

@DxV04: I didn't intend to mean that I believe that the individual in question thinks that it is a compliment, I agree with you in that they probably do not think very highly of us. What I meant is that FexDS and the others can take it as a compliment, in that this person, whoever, they were, decided that they would be able to obtain a net profit from this theft, indicating that the wiki is at least seen as valuable (monetarily, not intrinsically) to that person. I would rather not talk about this too much here since it is off-topic, so if you want, we can discuss it through private chat, or through Serious' off-topic thread happy.

@Serious_Much: Do you mean that yours is not up yet?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Yup. My 'review' is not up yet.

Maybe I was too offensive in my post. I didn't hold back though I think the worst thing I said was to call her a scumbag..
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:32 pm

maybe if you edit scumbag out of it then the filter would let it through..

@ berkut.. ah no need I understand what you were saying. It is my fault because mentally, I just refuse see anything postive regarting this thievery. Sorry.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 pm

I can't find my review? lol

It doesn't matter anyways. There's plenty voices up there already, no need for more.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:59 am

Mine was up almost instantly, but I was logged in with my account
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 am

DxV04 wrote:
    befowler wrote:My review is up (as "Yossarian"). I can't tell you how disgusting it is to see passages I actually wrote being offered for sale by that bleepity bleep bleep.

WAO Befowler, you killed her with that review!!! Just Awesome. Thanks for posting that.

I aim to please big grin
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Yup. My 'review' is not up yet.

Maybe I was too offensive in my post. I didn't hold back though I think the worst thing I said was to call her a scumbag..

You don't have idea of how much I laughed
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Spoiler:
    My emotions summed up.

Last edited by bloodpixel on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Uh... that's kinda overkill on graphic violence... could you spoiler that?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

I agree, probably wise if you edit that bloodpixel. Just a precaution happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:12 pm

lol, the forum's gotten over sensitive recently, and it's been coming from the guys who have all sent in Mod applications lol!

Your good boy posts have been so funny, kinda cringe too though silly
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Or maybe I am just more comfortable saying it now, nice to know that we are making you laugh though happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I hope comfortable doesn't mean smug silly

We'll see in a few days i bet anyway.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Smug? Not really sure how I am being smug, though I want to know, I don't want to be smug sad. By comfortable I mean less nervous, I am still semi-uncomfortable in online settings, I remember the first time I played guild wars, the first time that someone talked to me I panicked at quit the game silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:29 pm

haha don't worry I was saying you were smug, juts joking with you dont worry happy

and wow, that's pretty funny. Well you can tell I've got no problem with it, 2500 posts on old forum and 3500 on this one, and this is my first forum too (my last i reckon as well, but still silly)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 pm

berkut wrote:[...] I remember the first time I played guild wars, the first time that someone talked to me I panicked at quit the game silly
    LOL

I should laugh, though... For me, it was MAG. The first game I really started using my headset for, and I was talking to anywhere between 7 and 127 people! I admit, I was pretty nervous at first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:01 pm