Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
djgq42
Maneater_Mildred
THEGOLIATH
Uparkaam
somebody_else
Pargar-theGreat
Pharaun
Halicarnassis
shadowsoldiers
Eliteknight
Katakato
mpaschke
aRustySlot
ZeGlobox
russiannightmare
belkaizer
Soulkrazy
Comodreha
GrEeNgObLiN
kennereth
JBeast
strangejoy
DxV04
justwant2play
Cloudrunner
k0rruptid
Scudman_Slayer
Godless Servant
ChizFreak
Serious_Much
Toastfacekillah
aceluby
Carphil
theAnimus
38 posters

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion Empty PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

First off let me make clear, please let's try to keep this within the boundaries of the forum guidelines. I'd like to be able to discuss a matter such as this, which is clearly so dividing, without having it reduced to flame wars and thread locking. I suspect that sarcasm and minor pot-shots would be all in good fun, but let's not force the new shiny admin's hands.

Deal?

Last edited by theAnimus on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion Empty Re: PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 pm

It depends on the person own thoughts. For me is honorable, even if I die, I pretend to not matter too much. But some people feel guilty and angry because the other player was "cheap" when he backstabbed while in bow animation
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion Empty Re: PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:42 pm

theAnimus wrote:First off let me make clear, please let's try to keep this within the boundaries of the forum guidelines. I'd like to be able to discuss a matter such as this, which is clearly so dividing, without having it reduced to flame wars and thread locking. I suspect that sarcasm and minor pot-shots would be all in good fun, but let's not force the new shiny admin's hands.

Deal?

Alright. This comes up a lot, and I'm just wondering where you all stand. A lot of you will bow blindly, even if you're invaded, assuming that your opponent would do the same. Is this an honorable thing, or a foolish thing?

I bow if I invade, sometimes when I'm invaded, but not always. Depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. After bowing anything goes for the most part, I never try for backstabs, I find grabbing... I mean 'backstabs' to be boring.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Kinda depends - If I'm looking for PVP, I'll bow (hoping it will set the 'tone' for the fight) but I'll keep it to the short one and stay well back. I do it everytime regardless of being invader/invadee and I don't care if they do it back. However, if I get invaded while I'm PVE'ing (and don't have my PVP gear on), I'll just try to get rid of them as quickly as possible so anything goes.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Okay... So when bowing, are you assuming the enemy is going to bow back? If he doesn't, do you hold it against him? If you're invaded and you bow to the invader, he stabs you in the back mid-bow, do you call him cheap?

It seems to me like you're asking for it a bit, assuming others will have the same boundaries as you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

theAnimus wrote:First off let me make clear, please let's try to keep this within the boundaries of the forum guidelines. I'd like to be able to discuss a matter such as this, which is clearly so dividing, without having it reduced to flame wars and thread locking. I suspect that sarcasm and minor pot-shots would be all in good fun, but let's not force the new shiny admin's hands.

Deal?

Alright. This comes up a lot, and I'm just wondering where you all stand. A lot of you will bow blindly, even if you're invaded, assuming that your opponent would do the same. Is this an honorable thing, or a foolish thing?

LOL I absolutely love this post..

I bow cus im a nice guy, but i go for BS if they offer it on a platter.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:50 pm

I only bow if the following things happens:

1) The opponent it's at a safe distance, so if I bow, I won't get backstabbed.
    2) He bows first.
    3) He doesn't attack, in any form, before he bows.

Sometimes I bow first because if the opponent bows, I may have time to buff my weapons/myself.

I never bow first unless I need a buff, or I already won the battle.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Look, if I bow and he does not, he tries to attack me while I was bowing but I survive, then finish him off, I do the "shrug" or "look skyward (for me its facepalm)", If they bow and we have a clean fight, and I defeat him, I bow again because he fought in a honorable way.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:55 pm

theAnimus wrote:Okay... So when bowing, are you assuming the enemy is going to bow back? If he doesn't, do you hold it against him? If you're invaded and you bow to the invader, he stabs you in the back mid-bow, do you call him cheap?

It seems to me like you're asking for it a bit, assuming others will have the same boundaries as you.

No assumptions, it happens, but if I win he's getting the 'well what is it' or facepalm.

If I lose I call him cheap lol
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Lol okay. So then it isn't about honor, it's about winning/losing.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:58 pm

theAnimus wrote:Lol okay. So then it isn't about honor, it's about winning/losing.

It is when honor is thrown out the window... what else is there?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm

If you fought well, but lost, you were honorable. However if you ninja flipped and missed the backstab and got stunlocked, if are not honorable. My opinion.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 pm

If I win, and the other tried to backstab me/the only thing he tried to do are backstabs. I just do the facepalm. But if we both bow before the fight, he fights well, and he or me wins, I usually send an GG message.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Gee Gee!
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:04 pm

If you use the red soapstone then bow and no one heals.

Anything else and all bets are off. imo
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:06 pm

I play fair until the end of the battle but if i see the guy trying to backstab/lagstab/pivot me well i become the cheapest meanest person you've ever saw

i'll heal and use force miracle to knock you on your ass if i see you trying to backstab me,as soon as you getu p you'll be greeted by my gretasword of artorias two-handed 2R attack knocking you down again

yeah...i play fair as long as my opponent does so too
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Greatsword of Artorias still my fave, not sure why lol! I just can't use a weapon for a long time without missing Artorias sword
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Godless Servant wrote:If you use the red soapstone then bow and no one heals.

This tends to be along my lines of thinking. I guess considering the Kiln is a makeshift duel arena, things are different there as well.

And I'm not sure Honor has anything to do with other player's cheap tactics? How can you claim to be honorable when you are willing to throw your integrity out the window at the drop of a hat?
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:14 pm

bowing is definatly not foolish, but some people will just try to backstab you. it just symbolizes you want a fair fight, clearly the person backstabbing you didnt want a fair fight.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Carphil wrote:Greatsword of Artorias still my fave, not sure why lol! I just can't use a weapon for a long time without missing Artorias sword

i agree i like the sword

although its underrated as *** by a lot of people
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

theAnimus wrote:
    Godless Servant wrote:If you use the red soapstone then bow and no one heals.

This tends to be along my lines of thinking. I guess considering the Kiln is a makeshift duel arena, things are different there as well.

And I'm not sure Honor has anything to do with other player's cheap tactics? How can you claim to be honorable when you are willing to throw your integrity out the window at the drop of a hat?

Because it's all about fun in the end. Honorable duels are the most funn IMO. If your opponent refuses to have an honorable duel preventing getting ganked is a lot more fun than getting killed IMO.
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Hey look, a more appropriate spot than that other thread for a discussion such as this.

IMO, a 2v1 or 3v1 fight will always be dishonorable and cowardly. Specifically the type that hang around Kiln and immediately unload with things like WoG and TWoP with their white phantom buddies as soon as the invader spawns. Of course, there's nothing to be done about it. And I don't ever feel like wasting my time bitching at them (Ugh I hate PMs). But I still have no problem branding them as cowards and moving somewhere else.

As far as 1v1... I've had more than enough invasions to know not to expect the host to follow any sort of "standards" so I don't either. If they're bowing (I've given up on bowing myself) or preparing then I'll take that time to prepare myself, otherwise it's straight to the fight.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm

A 3v1 waiting for you at Kiln that just spams WoG and TWoP is complete cliche at this point, and should be laughed and enjoyed as such. Yeah, it's annoying, but let it end quick and it's on to the next one.

So what consists of unfair to you guys? Chugging? Spamming? Backstabbing? Seems extremely subjective
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 pm

how are any greatswords under rated? probably the average weapon when it comes to a balance of speed/stun/damage, everyone uses greatswords, so definatly not under rated.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:23 pm

k0rruptid wrote:how are any greatswords under rated? probably the average weapon when it comes to a balance of speed/stun/damage, everyone uses greatswords, so definatly not under rated.

they're not they're good they're balanced i know but

the greatsword of artorias is the only underrated greatsword due to it needing you to be lvl 180 or so to make it do some good damage

and most stop at lvl 120 so you get my point right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:08 pm