Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
djgq42
Maneater_Mildred
THEGOLIATH
Uparkaam
somebody_else
Pargar-theGreat
Pharaun
Halicarnassis
shadowsoldiers
Eliteknight
Katakato
mpaschke
aRustySlot
ZeGlobox
russiannightmare
belkaizer
Soulkrazy
Comodreha
GrEeNgObLiN
kennereth
JBeast
strangejoy
DxV04
justwant2play
Cloudrunner
k0rruptid
Scudman_Slayer
Godless Servant
ChizFreak
Serious_Much
Toastfacekillah
aceluby
Carphil
theAnimus
38 posters

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:49 pm

k0rruptid wrote:@ace, how do you explain someone who knows how bad they lag and use it to their advantage? not to mention equipping the hornet ring simply for that reason alone.

What's to explain? You seem to have a good grasp that people can use their bad connection to their advantage. What I'm saying is that it isn't the only reason you see lag, which is what you said and provided a good example of someone w/ a good connection (Japan) vs someone w/ a bad connection (US), the bad connection shows obivous lag.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by theAnimus Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Saying "learn to deal" is no different than saying "get better". I'm not going to continue to address this. Let's try and stay on topic guys, thank you.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm

i actually said "ID learned to deal" as in referring to myself. by deal i simply mean got over it because it will always be there.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 pm

theAnimus wrote:Saying "learn to deal" is no different than saying "get better". I'm not going to continue to address this. Let's try and stay on topic guys, thank you.

"whhhhhhhaaaascchhhhttttttt" (whip cracking sound)
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Lol, moving on...

Do you feel like unplugging your internet/system mid invasion, whether you want to be invaded or not, is ever justified?
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 pm

aceluby wrote:I've quit mid invasion only one time. A guy invaded me and absolutely refused to fight me. Kept running away behind mobs as soon as I'd get close. He tried spamming WoG, but ran out after 6 immediate casts and then stopped being offensive unless I tried fighting the mobs he was hiding behind. After 10 min of this I got bored and force quit.

This is one of the rare, RARE times I'll actually agree. What a pain in the ass :scratch:
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 pm

theAnimus wrote:
    aceluby wrote:I've quit mid invasion only one time. A guy invaded me and absolutely refused to fight me. Kept running away behind mobs as soon as I'd get close. He tried spamming WoG, but ran out after 6 immediate casts and then stopped being offensive unless I tried fighting the mobs he was hiding behind. After 10 min of this I got bored and force quit.

This is one of the rare, RARE times I'll actually agree. What a pain in the ass :scratch:

It was a HUGE pain. I tried taunting, bows and arrows, dung... but as soon as he got hit he'd run away and use a humanity. The only consolation I had was I made him use about 5 humanity. This was the only time I've ever quit mid game. Even in 2/3v1 situations I try my damnedest to take them out.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I'd agree with you that in random invasions, healing is fine. The host will, so you will no prob.

You do sound fairly 'honourable' but do you just not expect your opponent to be going for backstabs while you lay off them?

I expect my opponent to give his all when he is fighting me, nothing less. I don't hold my personal honor as any kind of standard to hold anyone to but myself..

Backstabs are a perfectly valid style of play, its not any less cheap than the stunlock on the greatswords I use. I just want to cleave them from the front, so that I can look the guilty in the eyes when they die.

Last edited by Eliteknight on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I stand corrected.)
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I disagree that lag causes all the frustration regarding backstabs, but that is for another discussion.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

aceluby wrote:I disagree that lag causes all the frustration regarding backstabs, but that is for another discussion.

Ok you are right, "all the frustration" was incorrect. Another thread though lol
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 pm

If I'm in the Kiln I will always bow; regardless on invader or invadee. If I'm being invaded and I can see them approaching then I will bow so I know i dont get backstabbed in the process and likewise I will reciprocate should someone bow to me first.

I've discovered no-one bows in the Duke's Archives or Tomb of Giants for that matter.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:
    I've discovered no-one bows in the Duke's Archives or Tomb of Giants for that matter.

If anyone invades either of those places (especially tomb of the giants) then lets face it, they are just being a dick.

Only worse places are blighttown or crystal caves.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:37 pm

i had a very laggy moment once

that was one of the few instances i had to use the black eye stone

well here we go i invaded on anor londo
    i invaded and spawned all cool
    i went to look for the host
    he was waiting for me on the way to the boss

i bowed
    he bowed too
    until then i noticed that he was lagging like crazy
    every hit i landedo n him took 3 full seconds to do damage :x :x :x

and he was hitting me from the nowhere because he was not running around he was teleporting around and lagstbing me :evil: :evil: :evil:

i then said "screw it" and used force miracle to knock him down
    ran a bit and use black eye stone

what? im not staying there swinging at the guy and my hits not doing any damage :x
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    Halicarnassis wrote:

If anyone invades either of those places (especially tomb of the giants) then lets face it, they are just being a dick.

Only worse places are blighttown or crystal caves.

tomb of giants don't forget that damned place
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Eliteknight wrote:If anyone invades either of those places (especially tomb of the giants) then lets face it, they are just being a dick.

Isn't that the entire point of invading? To make the other guy's day miserable? I mean, this is the reason why it's not voluntary (besides being human), why there are indictments, and why you aren't allowed to quit.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:48 pm

theAnimus wrote:
    Eliteknight wrote:If anyone invades either of those places (especially tomb of the giants) then lets face it, they are just being a dick.

Isn't that the entire point of invading? To make the other guy's day miserable? I mean, this is the reason why it's not voluntary (besides being human), why there are indictments, and why you aren't allowed to quit.

i understand it but invading on tomb of giants...WHY THERE?! OF ALL PLACES?! if you ask me the place is already bad enough due to the fact that oyu can't see a damn thing without the stuff that allow you to and htose skeledogs *shivers*
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Because that's the exactly the point. I think invading someone on their first run-through of Tomb of Giants, and you've got your sunlight maggot on, is exactly the kind of dirty, awesome, evil activity the developers envisioned when working on the PvP concepts of this game.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:54 pm

My first run through ToG I was invaded a lot. It was fun though.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:56 pm

I look forward to doing things like that. Just making a build
    around level 60 just to invade and be a dick in all of the Four Lords areas, because I agree like Animus wrote, the concept of invasion was not made for 'honourable' fights or 'duels' it was made so that other players could invade to frustrate and ruin the Host's efforts to succeed at the level.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Well, this is dark souls, they planned to be like this. At the same time you can summon someone to make things easier, you can also be invaded to make things harder. Think about it
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:58 pm

theAnimus wrote:

I invade to have fun with random(ish) pvp. Dark Souls is great because its all about challenging yourself, the darkmoon blades let me be a part of that challenge for someone else, it should be fun. Force pushing people off the ledges in crystal caves would be easy, where is the fun in that?
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Don't attack someone gesturing is about the only rule. Other than that check my signature happy
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm

alright alright fine you guys invade in those areas but PLEASE no lagstabing or WOG spam
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    theAnimus wrote:

I invade to have fun with random(ish) pvp. Dark Souls is great because its all about challenging yourself, the darkmoon blades let me be a part of that challenge for someone else, it should be fun. Force pushing people off the ledges in crystal caves would be easy, where is the fun in that?

The point is to make it harder for the host and be successful in doing your job at killing them. You should know what it means to win by any tactic necessary being Darkmoon silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I got invaded once in tomb of giants, my first playthrough, I just reached the first bonfire (I had no sunlight maggot, cast light or any kind of light) and tried to sit but it was unavaible. I was so scared of dying because I had used all my estus on Pinwheel and after fighting some giants skeletons. I tried to hide near the bonfire, after 5 minutes, the invader (darkmoon) jumps down where the bonfire is, using havel set with queelag furysword, he tries to hit me one or two times, I blocked, so he changed to his tasliman and used Wrath of gods. I got hit once and started attacking him, I could stunlock him and push him off the ledge. That character was a dragon, and I was human because I wanted to summon someone before heading through tombs, but I could not. So what? Is part of the game, if I had died, I would just equip ring of sacrifice and head back to my souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:06 am