Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jovias-86
Noob-of-Artorias
GkMrBane
DARKXLORD
Doelker
DxV04
BartholomewWenceslas
SlakeMoth
TheBigLebowski
MsCherryBlossom
Serious_Much
nsane32
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jorund
Sulfur
Railage
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Tolvo
befowler
chimi chongos
Bioraptor
27 posters

Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 16 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 am

DoughGuy wrote:i should go check that out then.
    I was on my way to the capital and I could see all these harpies flying above it. o when i heard the flapping of wings I was like, yep thats harpies. Get to the bridge thinking that flapping sound is afully loud, turn around DRAGON! I swear I have never reacted faster in any game.

Lol I did the exact same thing,even thought it in my mind like you wrote it down happy

Although I stood and had ago at the beast and slay ed it.

Also the big hole,if you jump off into it you start to fall down what feels like a never ending abyss.
    I found this out by mistake happy

I have had a look at the Everfalls although I have not committed myself down there yet as there are new things to do before I go down there like new quest and stuff.

Just be careful as I am not sure if you get to a certain point down there you may not be able to come back.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 am

haha well I thought Ill go see the duke and then Ill go see the everfall. The 2 are a bit more entwined than I thought.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am

My fighter rocks! I dont see how Mystic Knight works. It has so many abilities that fitting them into six slots seems impossible.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:30 am

You have to choose the best I assume. I wont be making one for a while though i think Befowler did make one.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 am

Woa you guys are flying through this game... I have barely started and I got it on the day it released. bounce
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:50 am

LOL I preordered ME3 and still havent played it.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm

DxV04 wrote:Woa you guys are flying through this game... I have barely started and I got it on the day it released. bounce

I am trying not too happy

I also got the game on day one although to be fare I may have played it a lot more then many would like too.

I try and get at least 5-6hours in a day.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 pm

DoughGuy wrote:haha well I thought Ill go see the duke and then Ill go see the everfall. The 2 are a bit more entwined than I thought.

I am off to go see what the fuss is about now,although with what the dragon told us I am not expecting to find him.?

The Abyss

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 16 292170_3769967261008_910379282_n
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah, I played as a Mystic Knight for a while, unlocked maybe 2/3s of the skills. Solid tank/support style, but the offense was lacking. Much depended on blocking, which I found boring. My favorite is a basic fighter, although assassin and warrior are also entertaining. Currently playing as a warrior with a flamberge, extremely fun just cutting everything in half.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:10 pm

I played as warrior and mage but I found Fighter to be the best. i just loved the way Savan played in the prologue. It made me think DAO SnS warrior witha bit more finesse.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi guys...
    I would like to promote my Pawn. She is a Sorcerer lvl 33 and has great wapon buffs and elemental spell like making meteors fall from the sky against a horde of enemies.
    She doesn't use any healing spells but it's a great help against big enemies like chimeras, trolls and golems amongst others.
    Her name is Jezebel and Nickname Jazz. She uses a favored branches fully upgraded with a salvation robe.
    Please hire her if you see her.
    I'm on PS3 for this game.
    Thanks!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Keep her as a mage is my opinion if you are a melee type character. Though I always find a good ranger/ strider helps.

I almost constantly play with Dough's pawn, Shana, in my party.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

I thought the change from Mage to Sorcerer wasn't a good idea but at the end her attacking spells have been key to numerous battles.
    I am playing as an assasin and As you know I can battle closed or ranged depending on the enemies I'm facing.
    I already have a healer mage in my party so I thought use her as battle support. Believe me some of her spells can destroy the cyclops.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Doelker wrote:I thought the change from Mage to Sorcerer wasn't a good idea but at the end her attacking spells have been key to numerous battles.
    I am playing as an assassin and As you know I can battle closed or ranged depending on the enemies I'm facing.
    I already have a healer mage in my party so I thought use her as battle support. Believe me some of her spells can destroy the cyclops.

I also play Assassin and Sorcerer that I also changed from Mage.
    I was not to sure if I had made the right choice,although now that I have her fully up graded she kicks a$$.

Sorcerer`s if set up right make great artillery back up with some nice little spells.

I play on the Xbox friend or I would have taken your pawn out for a walk.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 16 Empty

Post by Doelker Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    Doelker wrote:I thought the change from Mage to Sorcerer wasn't a good idea but at the end her attacking spells have been key to numerous battles.
    I am playing as an assassin and As you know I can battle closed or ranged depending on the enemies I'm facing.

I was not to sure if I had made the right choice,although now that I have her fully up graded she kicks a$$.

Sorcerer`s if set up right make great artillery back up with some nice little spells.

Thanks mate... And yes, right now I'm looking for a better outfit for her since I don't like most of the robes I have access to at the moment.
    I want to make her q complete badass sorceress vixen... lol!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm

I dont ever think Ill upgrade my mage then. I rather like fighting my enemies.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

I really think that having you rmain pawn as a mage is a good way to go. Mages are really important and its hard to get a good one occasionally (especially offline).
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I really think that having you rmain pawn as a mage is a good way to go. Mages are really important and its hard to get a good one occasionally (especially offline).

I have 2 mages one strider and me a warrior. I need to look at that strider a bit more I am not sure if she has mixed vocation.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:LOL I preordered ME3 and still havent played it.

:shock: No way!! I might be in ME 3 where you guys are at in dogma lol!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:Woa you guys are flying through this game... I have barely started and I got it on the day it released. bounce

I am trying not too happy

I also got the game on day one although to be fare I may have played it a lot more then many would like too.

I try and get at least 5-6hours in a day.

So far what do you think of it. I know you like it but how much? Is it in the realm of Dark Souls like?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 am

I do like it and despite how big the world is it just doesnt feel all that big. The map only iuminates half of the availabe space and I always want to know what is beyond the greatwall.

also if they made more random encounters/ quests/ NPC's then i'd be one happy chappy.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 am

If they dont let us go past the wall they are missing a massive opportunity. Ot also just doesntmake sense. Why make the map like that if you arent going to use it?
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 am

Doelker wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:

Thanks mate... And yes, right now I'm looking for a better outfit for her since I don't like most of the robes I have access to at the moment.
    I want to make her q complete badass sorceress vixen... lol!

Dress wise for mage`s and Sorceress are pretty far and between,although you do get some nice gear latter on in the game.
    But it does get pricey sad
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 am

DoughGuy wrote:If they dont let us go past the wall they are missing a massive opportunity. Ot also just doesntmake sense. Why make the map like that if you arent going to use it?

One word,DLC

Well this is my way of thinking if it was me.
    I would make an extension and have it coming off the space that there is on the map.
    Then sell it as DLC.

@ DxV04 :
    I have played DkS NG+5 on one toon and probably another 3 times on other toons.
    I`ll see if DD gives me the hurge to go through the game as much as I have and do DkS.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeah, I assume it's for DLC, which I despise. It looks to be the same sort of pre-planned DLC like in New Vegas, where the west side of the map was blank and various access points were blocked on release. I'm happy to buy legit DLC that follows on to a successful game, but this type just feels like you're being ripped off because they purposefully withheld it on release.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 pm