Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 15 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Im being offered a freaking youtube partnership already big grin
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Sonofa... nice ! big grin what does that get you? silly
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Monetization of videos if I want it and I can also have a banner above my name on my page with links to **** xD
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 pm

... your getting paid to play DkS .... I'mma get me onea those dang capture cards. and then you will all see twisted (me humiliate myself...)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Broke.....I've seen that lots of times. I call those guys "invisibles." That's why I stated the Sunbro who got jacked was weird because his attention was solely on me and then bam, bam, dead. He might have seen the guy last second. He turned but not sure if he saw something or was looking for something. Either way he only counted on one threat until it was much too late. The second weirdness was that the host got jacked up in similar, maybe more spectacular fashion, almost immediately meaning there was either a second invisible or the bandit got him like was suggested. Otherwise the invisible that hunted them was a literal speed demon.......

I've noticed a lot of times that hosts and phantoms fighting an invisible often ignore me although I can hurt them so I might have been on the other end of this before. For instance, the other night both were engaged with an invisible and swinging wildly at nothing and I pot shotted the phantom with a soul spear then sliced the host apart and they never reacted to me.

Amos, I saw that offer on my account too. Does that mean your videos get adds placed before them? I didn't accept because I didn't want to subject my adoring fans to a 30 second add to see me throw a prism stone off a cliff for 3 seconds.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Exactly why I am not accepting it atm
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I was thinking about it but I realized I don't have an ongoing valuable service. I just post stupid crap from my cell phone for a very limited audience. Wait......that's perfect to exploit YouTube for monetary gain.....Be right back
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok - here is a my build for a Forest Gravelord ( I will be spreading the misery in the forest on a regular because Alvina needs me lol! ):

http://tinyurl.com/7efruzv

I may swap out the maxed normal MSGS for a +5 Chaos Greataxe at times but the MSGS will be my primary go-to weapon.

Comments please. Will be rolling this toon tonight probably.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Why 27 dex broke. Man serpent great sword does not scale with it and CMW is not effected by it I believe.
    http://tinyurl.com/buhubxb
    not sure if you could spend those spare points better but yeah, also you could shave off another 13 points if you plan to use MLGS 2 handed.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Hmm the 27 dex does seem kinda pointless. The BSS is Lightning so no scaling... and the MSGS doesn't scale with dex so I don't see the point.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Well broke If you were going for gravelording I guess you will want staying power....
    I quite like this. Never been a big fan of the MLGS bastard sword swings a little faster. although if you like it that much then swap back to something closer to your build... It's just a combo of A pure STR weapon and a nearly pure DEX weapon even if its elemental...
    http://tinyurl.com/cxc2hdm
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:49 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Why 27 dex broke. Man serpent great sword does not scale with it and CMW is not effected by it I believe.
    http://tinyurl.com/buhubxb
    not sure if you could spend those spare points better but yeah, also you could shave off another 13 points if you plan to use MLGS 2 handed.

See that's I why I need my forest brethren to keep old Broke on the right path. Let me look at those numbers a bit. And you are right I don't need the 27 DEX - so it appears you placed a good portion in INT so that will work. But I think you should be able to buff a normal MSGS with CMW - can anyone confirm. Also, I want to be able to use the MSGS 1H for the running spin attack (plus some decent damage) so that is why I want my STR at that level.

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Normal MSGS can be buffed and I use the spinny attack 2 handed. is it any better one handed? happy
    27 strength provides nearly the same damage when two handing weapons as 40 does when two handing... I'd give you more build advice but frankly I am past my best in terms of wakefulness. check that last build I posted for an alternate I would recommend one of the greatswords that scale with dex and going normal BSS but its your call man happy
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:53 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Well broke If you were going for gravelording I guess you will want staying power....
    I quite like this. Never been a big fan of the MLGS bastard sword swings a little faster. although if you like it that much then swap back to something closer to your build... It's just a combo of A pure STR weapon and a nearly pure DEX weapon even if its elemental...

Yep I thought about the bastard sword and I do use the weapon on my hunter. Good recommendation. Plus I also like the bastard swords stun-lock potential. I think you may have me sold on this build bro. I will look at it for a bit.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Normal MSGS can be buffed and I use the spinny attack 2 handed. is it any better one handed? happy
    27 strength provides nearly the same damage when two handing weapons as 40 does when two handing... I'd give you more build advice but frankly I am past my best in terms of wakefulness. check that last build I posted for an alternate I would recommend one of the greatswords that scale with dex and going normal BSS but its your call man happy

Ok - I will look at all of the variations you posted. Some very sound advice.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Be sure to test the 2 hand button when looking at stat makeups. big grin wish you the best of luck broke happy
    and sorry. I tend to make a build look at it again. find something I should change and not want to remove the original incase my new changes are not liked silly I think thats all my views for the minute though.
    Well best of luck whatever you choose happy
    Happy hunting all!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok - Dan has me sold on this Forest GL build he recommended:

Any comments on apparent weaknesses in this build? It looks pretty solid. Hopefully this toon will be resilient enough (the poise on this toon is crazy high cheers ) to deal with up to 3 blood-thirsty invaders at time.

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 am

I just got an epic crit chain on a pair of gankers. One with smough's and the GLS, and one with Giant's and BKGA. I spawn in and locate them. Coat my mura in lemon power and swap my talisman for a glove. I charge in, BS the host for most of his health, but it wasn't the OHKO I was hoping for. Derpy phantom is using all of his stamina swinging at me while I'm in the animation, so I go for the parry right out of it. First swing is a partial, second swing I get it and deal a whopping 2600 damage. Needless to say, it's just me and the host now. For some inexplicable reason he doesn't heal (not that it would've saved him, but whatever). He swings his BKGA at me while I'm in the animation, and I parry the first swing after I get out. Turns out he had 387 hp left.

I encountered another guy who was using Havel's Greatshield and the DSS, and just turtled in the doorway to Alvina. He has now learned that Lava>Shields, and that healing in a place where I can get behind you while I have lemon power active is a terrible, terrible idea.

Also, much earlier tonight I found a guy med-rolling in full Havel's. First thing he tries to do is cast a Storm pyromancy. I run up, BS him for most of his health to cancel the spell, and then cast Tempest the moment I get out of the animation. First, Fire Tempest>Med roll. Second, said spell has ridiculous range. I was just shy of the first trees by the gate and there were pillars at the stairs.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 am

Brokewilly wrote:Ok - Dan has me sold on this Forest GL build he recommended:

Any comments on apparent weaknesses in this build? It looks pretty solid. Hopefully this toon will be resilient enough (the poise on this toon is crazy high cheers ) to deal with up to 3 blood-thirsty invaders at time.
    Claymore over bastard sword. Better range and IM a faster swing speed and recovery.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:49 am

I use both very frequently on my old Kino Knight, and I don't notice any difference except for a tiny bit of range and a tiny bit of damage.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 am

Well I havent used the claymore much but I used the bastard sword a lot and its not a weapon to use against silver knights. If you hit them they'll hit you before you can recover to block. I stopped using it after that. My curretn toon at SL 30 uses the claymore and so far Im liking it more.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 am

Awesome victories Quarik. I'm usually not quick enough to punish spells but can avoid fairly well. Sorry if I'm giving away a skeleton in the closet for pyros Eki but I noticed during our duels that a throwing knife will also cancel the casting animation.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 am

Dude - Will, Remove 13 str, add 13 dex, change BSS to Normal rather than Lightning... two hand your MSGS silly Will be the equivalent of your current build but with more damage potential.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 pm

^ see most of my suggestions amos winking(although if you get 40 dex better to have one of the c/c greatswords) although it is always nice to be vindicated
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:38 pm

dancash1808 wrote:^ see most of my suggestions amos winking(although if you get 40 dex better to have one of the c/c greatswords) although it is always nice to be vindicated

Thanks for the suggestions. Just I just started the toon last night so I have so time to determine the optimal numbers. Plus I need to still make the naked run to the The Catacombs to join the GL covenant.

I have been getting a lot of good fight training in the forest lately. Luckily, I have been invading an ally of Alvina so he has been summoning reds for old Broke to fight when I am not being summoned as a red to help against he gank. I will be doing a lot of hosting in the forest when I go into my next playthrough on my FH toon so I can hopefully host some real-world fight training for anyone who is interested. On a busy day the invasion rate is off the charts.

Well people two days and wake up b4 the fun begins.I am going be catching up on some sleep so I can participate the whole 24 hours - yeah baby, yeah!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:31 am