Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 12 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 pm

They're aligned with the hunters and may call themselves hunters. They just don't use the ring to get there and do battle. Meaning that any or all of them could be "honorary" forest hunters in that they aren't part of the actual covenant but still work to the same goal. Groupies basically
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 12 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Okay then here's a truly useless, yet interesting fact for ya: If you wear the dingy robe and invade as a blue than your robes looks green (very green if I might add).
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Perfect!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm

I've been wondering about something sort of related to that lately. I was watching some youtube pvp videos the other night, and I watched a couple of fights where the invader didn't appear to get any kind of aura at all. He appeared to just look like his normal character. How is that possible? I'm pretty positive he was wearing the painting guardian set, which I wouldn't think would counter either a blue or red aura.

I'll try to find the video again, so that you guys can see it for yourselves.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 pm

What kind of invader was he? Blue, black, red?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm not sure. He just looked normal so it was hard to tell, and the video was shot from the perspective of the host, so I didn't get to see which invasion item he used.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm

It's possible that it may have been a fluke glitch although I'm not familiar with one such as that. If we can find out his armor and try to replicate it maybe it could be that the combination can cause this to happen. Or he could have simply just been a modder. I ran into a floating mask of the father that spammed karmic justice explosion recently.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah, it's definitely possible that it was some modding. I'm not sure what the platform was either. Hopefully I can find the video again a little later when I have more time. I'm trying to remember the search terms that I used. I think it was either dark souls pvp SL 120 kiln, or the same with tomb, or possibly archives.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Well let us know if you find it again and we can do some experimenting. Okay another useless fact: while exiting the watchtower it is possible to jump off the stairs, over the rail, and land on the elevated portion of land to the right.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm

^ In what area?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:22 pm

When leaving the watchtower (Havel's tower) and heading towards the hydra there's a chunk of land that you can't run up but can get to if you jump of the stairs the right way.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

SEANB240 wrote:"Siwmae" means "Hi there" in Welsh.

This is indeed interesting. Marvelous Chester says "Oh, for Juniper's sake," Juniper apperently means Gwynevere in Welsh. Maybe a connection there?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Djem wrote:
    SEANB240 wrote:"Siwmae" means "Hi there" in Welsh.

This is indeed interesting. Marvelous Chester says "Oh, for Juniper's sake," Juniper apperently means Gwynevere in Welsh. Maybe a connection there?

That's not entirely useless and rather interesting as well. It would seem that in Oolacile Termin and Hyrule have overlapped (if you don't mind the comparison).
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:45 pm

The royal wood is just the darkroot garden if you walk away from the Sif fight :x
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 am

hey its andres wrote:The royal wood is just the darkroot garden if you walk away from the Sif fight :x
    Oolacile is the Darkroot Gardens and the Darkroot Basin in the past, so that's hardly a surprise.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 am

Rarayn wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:The royal wood is just the darkroot garden if you walk away from the Sif fight :x
    Oolacile is the Darkroot Gardens and the Darkroot Basin in the past, so that's hardly a surprise.

So where's Sif's arena in Oolacile?
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 am

Hachouma wrote:
    Rarayn wrote:

So where's Sif's arena in Oolacile?
    The area you fight the Sanctuary Guardian in, I've been told. There was a thread about this a while back, but I can't remember all the details.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am

I think it would be closer to Elizabeth's area from a geography standpoint. Sif's arena is right off the bridge. And yeah, they must have bulldozed in a bunch of dirt but they're the same area. Alvina's tower made a bridge to the other one across from it (Alvina's is the second one you can access). Going from the first bridge in the Royal Woods (Sif's bridge) and going straight would be the first tower (stone knight armor chest in Darkroot). Turning left there's still a puddle with a slab I think. That's the mushroom area. Continue left and the Skarekrows jump off where the rolly cats would be. The Kalameet first appearance is the little bridge and around in a circle. The Skarekrow clearing with the wall near where you'd go down the elevator is gank central in Darkroot. Kalameet's arena is where the hydra is in the basin.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I would agree that Sif's area is the sanctuary guardian fight although I'm not sure why Artorias's grave migrated so much. That and it seems that some bridges were made to connect ruined towers.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:41 pm

When ceaseless discharge does his suicide jump at the fog door, you can time it so you run/roll back into the arena during his jump.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am

The crestfallen warrior has different dialogue depending on which bell you ring first. If you ring the parish bell first then talk to him he'll end by saying "Only one more to go, but it's going to be suicide."

If you ring the Blighttown bell first then talk to him, he'll say "Only one more to go, if you have the heart for it."

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:30 am

I learned today that some clams have 1000 eyes. I used to find it annoying that the giant clams aggroed based on line of sight rather than proximity, since I assumed clams detected by vibrations, but no; eyes--line of sight! The game was right.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm

So...ents are naked afro scarecrows of the past?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Kinda. The Skarekrow serfs in Oolacile likely survived and went wild. With no one to maintain the look of the forest for they probably stopped caring about their physical appearance, stopped wearing clothes and getting hair cuts. It's also possible that they required some assistance in getting their clothes and tools and in the time between the Royal Woods becoming Darkroot they all rotted and rusted away leaving naked, weaponless Skarekrows that no longer had shears to cut their hair.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

You cannot lick your elbow. I put my elbow in mustard once by accident....my tongue was tired as he||.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:48 pm