Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 11 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm

[quote="BLA1NE"][quote="ublug"]I just noticed that your equipped weapons will actually shrink down to nothingness when you sit down at a bonfire, and not just vanish like they do when you swap hands. Probably haven't seen it before since I mostly use small weapons, but now I had the bonewheel shield equipped.[/quote]That reminds me, if you want to get your weapon to show while you're sitting at a bonfire (in case you want to, say, take a screenshot to make a cool avatar! silly) the best is to put it in your left hand and two-hand your main weapon, that way the weapon you want to see will be on your back.[/quote]

How do you take a screenshot? I'm on ps3. Is this even possible on a console without recording equipment/software such as the Sony Vegas?

Sorry for the off-topic question.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 11 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by BLA1NE Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm

I used my phone! silly

I wish every game allowed you to take screenshots, though. You could do it in MAG, and it was straight from the XMB, so I don't understand why more (all) games don't have that feature. It was pretty slow to take a shot (which sometimes created hilarious situations in the middle of a firefight!*), but it was a hell of a lot better than nothing.

*:
    XKnightArtoriasX
    XKnightArtoriasX

Post by XKnightArtoriasX Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:33 am

Useless fact: If you kept the tower knight at the undead parish alive and went with Rhea's quest until she reaches the undead parish, the tower knight will disappear until Rhea goes somewhere else he'll be back.

Another one: If you pushed Rhea when she is at the undead parish to inside the elevator, she will teleport back to her original spot.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:48 am

I just noticed a minor detail in the game I never really paid attention on.

When you rescue Dusk from the crystal golem and her summon sign appears near the rock at the lake, the placing of the summon sign is actually little different depending on your character's gender (at least I think this is what makes the summon sign locate differently).
    On female characters the summon sign is right beside the rock, when playing on male character the sign is more near to the knight armor.

Interesting and useless info.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 am

I had heard that the raisable doors in the Catacombs have English on them. I was able to make out what looked like "Roll". I rolled a few times towards the door lol, nothing happened.
    dormancy

Post by dormancy Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 am

Not sure if any one said this already but if you kick with the orange charred ring on it does about 9 fire damage
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I just noticed that you can climb ladders after you defeat a boss as a phantom (also after host is killed?). I got on the ladder right after kalameet was killed, and I could continue to climb after my character turned invisible, it didn't stop until the loading screen kicked in.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm

You can also cycle through items and spells some time into the loading screen.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Going back to the coffin gauge, there's a video on youtube where a guy finds a spot in blighttown where he backstabs (or parries I forget) people and it does the coffin gauge animation. Pretty weird... 😕
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:38 pm

learned that u can two hand pyromancy flame, which seems pointless to me and kinda weird that u can two hand it but u can't two hand fist weapons or was it that u just can't two hand bare fists?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Can't 2h fist weapons. But you can 2h catalysts and talismans, so I guess that's why you can 2h the pyro flame.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 pm

is there any bonus to spells if u do? i have never noticed any. i guess if i punched someone it would hurt more than a regular punch but i prefer spells myself
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 am

2h catalysts. talismans, and PFs only increase the damage of you hitting the enemy with it not the spells themselves.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 am

thought so would be cool if they did though
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:20 am

hey its andres wrote:Going back to the coffin gauge, there's a video on youtube where a guy finds a spot in blighttown where he backstabs (or parries I forget) people and it does the coffin gauge animation. Pretty weird... 😕

Retro posted a thread about this not long ago, where he was looking for other places with 'safe zones.' Where enemies won't approach you, trying to find other spots where the same BS animation might happen. I actually just thought of another one. I don't know whether or not the BS animation works there or not, but the area around the Lost Izalith shortcut is another safe zone. The stone dragon things and the capra and taurus demons won't approach you there. There's a visible line where they start backing up when they cross it right about at the entrance's threshold
    sciicers
    sciicers

Post by sciicers Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 am

@ PlasticAndRage
    i once did the coffin-stab animation in blighttown as an invader, and i think it was near quelana
    that is also another safe spot, the enemies dont come near you there
    was pretty weird
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 pm

sciicers wrote:@ PlasticAndRage
    i once did the coffin-stab animation in blighttown as an invader, and i think it was near quelana
    that is also another safe spot, the enemies dont come near you there
    was pretty weird

Yeah, that's the one that the video is of. We were trying to think of other safe zones to try it, but were having trouble thinking of any. I know there's more than what's been said though.
    sciicers
    sciicers

Post by sciicers Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:13 am

maybe in new londo where ingward is?
    the ghosts don't follow you all the way up i think
    but then again, who ever fought up there?
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 pm

I find interesting how 'Sunlight Spear' is not actually flame as you would expect Sun to be, but made of lightning.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 am

The Bed of Chaos music reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. Which, after further thought is perfect:

You have a magic using person (supposedly anyway) hiding behind a big scary looking manifestation that in the end is mostly harmless. The greatest danger from either being is the occasional pillar of flame. However, both use flame pillars that emanate from relatively predictable locations. After this is discovered it's child's play to quickly swat away the curtain (branches) and reveal the true identity of the Wizard of ChaOz. Or is it Witch of Ozalith?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:57 pm

The cleric in the forest can heal you if you're a forest invader. big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 am

Hey! Not useless! I do love that fact however. Even more...I love introducing forest gankers to that fact. Keh heh heh!
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am

hey its andres wrote:The cleric in the forest can heal you if you're a forest invader. big grin
    I think the real question here is why a Forest Hunter can use the Princess Guard exclusive miracles. silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 am

Smartass answer:

That guy put down a white sign but the connection glitched and made him a forest hunter.

Actual answer:

None of the forest NPCs get the blue aura meaning they weren't summoned by the ring. They're just dudes (and a very nice lady who "gives" me her bow) hanging in the forest for fun, not necessarily Alvina's hunters.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am

skarekrow13 wrote:None of the forest NPCs get the blue aura meaning they weren't summoned by the ring. They're just dudes (and a very nice lady who "gives" me her bow) hanging in the forest for fun, not necessarily Alvina's hunters.

Then why do they attack you normally but not when you're a foresthunter? silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:52 pm