Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 10 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Shkar Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 am

Rarayn wrote:I don't know if this always happens or if it only happened to me specifically, but after killing Gwyndolin and going to the Duke's Archives, his empty boss health bar popped up when the first Channeller used his Blink ability, and remained up until I reloaded. I think it might have happened once or twice with other Channellers too, but I can't quite remember the details.

Huh, now that IS weird. Me thinks they reused the spell and that fact causes the game to think you are fighting 'Dolin.
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 10 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Artoriasflagg Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Just found out (after three different attempts to invade the same person as a Dark Wraith) that if you invade a person in Dark Anor Londo and they go through the foggate to fight Gwyndolin (or in this case just to escape from you) you get pulled into Gwyndolin's hallway for a moment and are shown in the cutscene that plays before the fight begins. You stay there just long enough to watch the entire cutscene and see Gwyndolin teleport away the first time, then you are immediately returned to your world.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

^Happened to me a few times when hosts ran through S&O's fog gate, too. I find it so annoying! Can't skip the cutscene, and I know I'll just be kicked out once it's over. Just have to wait and watch it...
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:35 am

The sword Atorias uses in the DLC is on the left side of his grave, but there is an equally large sword on the right.

Whose sword is that? It looks like the GLGS, but I don't think it is.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 am

If you're talking about the grave pre-DLC (I have no idea if there's a post DLC grave and please don't tell me winking ) the two swords I discussed somewhere or another. Both share some elements to the Great Lord Great Sword but aren't. I can't answer it more thoroughly than that. PRE-DLC, I can't stress that enough, these swords only appear at his grave. They appear similar to the Sunlight Altar winged spear as well (which shares design elements with the, you guessed it, Great Lord Great Sword in addition to the Dragon Slayer spear)
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, I'm talking about pre-DLC. I know one of them is the abyss sword, I recalled the art, and compared the image to the one in the game. The chips and stuff all match.

From had this all set up from the start.
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artoriasflagg Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 am

Was killing Dusk's golden golem today and decided to try out some miracles I had just gotten, Lightning Spear in particular. My first shot ended up completely missing and just striking the water near him. A moment later a huge surge of electricity erupted from that spot and nailed him for almost 400 damage (20 faith). I had no idea they actually included the whole water conducting electricity factor into the game; these guys thought of everything big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 am

Tsk tsk.......that fact is not useless big grin

Now your mission is to go use this on Dark Root mushrooms (near the ember), slimes in the depths, etc.
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artoriasflagg Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Hmmm, fair enough. Was trying to put together some idea of where this effect would actually be of use and beyond tho two I'm am having trouble coming up with many other water based areas... New Londo maybe...
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 am

Gwyndolin's theme only plays for two bosses; both of which have something to do with the moon in their names (Moonlight Butterfly, Darkmoon Gwyndolin)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 am

DLC Useless Fact!!!

Spoiler away......

Spoiler:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 am

More DLC useless facts! Disclaimer: I will start with a useful fact, don't hate me for it.

You can poison Chester with throwing knives. Also, he won't attack you but will say funny things while you're doing this (don't worry, right after I poisoned him I aggro'd him to duke it out).

That's the useful one if you don't like fighting him. The useless part is this...
    I was using him as long range knife throwing practice from across the bridge. My first knife missed and I saw a light go out.
    Useless fact 1: Chester bring a touch of class to Oolacile. He lights his area with candles in a very elegant holder.
    Useless fact 2: You can smash his candles (heh heh heh) and take away his light.
    Useless fact 3: You can invade people and smash his candle in THEIR world, leaving THEIR Chester in the dark. I did get some satisfaction out of this I admit. Now I can harass a theoretically infinite number of Chesters.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 am

Rudmed wrote:The sword Atorias uses in the DLC is on the left side of his grave, but there is an equally large sword on the right.

Whose sword is that? It looks like the GLGS, but I don't think it is.

Off Topic (-> lore question) and Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

your useless facts are amazing, I don't think I have new ones sad Uhm.. the boars at the archives can't exit the archives, so if you run back to the entrance they keep hitting an invisible wall and you can finish them off quickly... that's kinda useful.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm

If you attack the air with ricard's the first attack makes a metallic noise, but any further attacks make airy noises.
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artoriasflagg Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Fun one I just noticed while sitting at the first catacombs bonfire. Look at the back wall in the room with the first bonfire in it. Keep looking at it... Notice anything creepy about it? Anything.... moving? See them? Great! Now look at the other walls, and the ceiling, and the floor on which you are standing! Grave beetles everywhere big grin
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07 am

Those beetles can also be found in your starting cell at the undead asylum. Also, I think the pot in there may be the only breakable object in the game that you can break by simply walking into it. Not rolling, not punching, not even sprinting, you can break it.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:44 am

Serious_Much wrote:You never hear the blighttown bell ringing, but you can hear the parish bell ringing (online thing)

I believe i actually heard it once, it was very faint but i heard a bell

edit: lol just realized that the quote was kinda old, i started from the beginning and when i read it the thought just poped in my head.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:19 am

theres an oscar message in the dlc saying " if only hawkeye was here..." near where kalameet does his basin flyovers... except kalameet starts flaming well before anyone can reach said message, also how the hell did the message get there anyway? oscars dead...
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 pm

The Oscar message is really just the developers' message. They use it to show that it wasn't another player online.

Also, one fact: Shields have no special plunging attack animation. (Was fighting asylum demon with a shield and I just zipped through him!)

Speaking of shields, when two handing a shield, the left hand grasps the right hand's wrist.
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Another fact, since I love this topic. The Stray Demon's boss fight music seems to be whatever the last boss you fought. I usually fought stray demon after Iron Golem so he used the Iron Golem theme. Then I saw a video of someone fighting stray demon after asylum demon, and the asylum demon theme played.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Here is a fact that can save you a couple seconds in multiplayer: You can actually skip the boss cut-scenes. Everybody has to press start. It's like an invisible "vote-to-skip."
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 pm

I just noticed that your equipped weapons will actually shrink down to nothingness when you sit down at a bonfire, and not just vanish like they do when you swap hands. Probably haven't seen it before since I mostly use small weapons, but now I had the bonewheel shield equipped.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:22 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Here is a fact that can save you a couple seconds in multiplayer: You can actually skip the boss cut-scenes. Everybody has to press start. It's like an invisible "vote-to-skip."

Great tip, I had noticed this in single player but it never occurred to me you could use it in coop.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 pm

befowler wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:Here is a fact that can save you a couple seconds in multiplayer: You can actually skip the boss cut-scenes. Everybody has to press start. It's like an invisible "vote-to-skip."

Great tip, I had noticed this in single player but it never occurred to me you could use it in coop.
    Since I discovered it, I've barely watched the Gargoyle, Gaping and Quelaag cutscenes at all when summoned. Certainly saves a lot of time.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 pm

ublug wrote:I just noticed that your equipped weapons will actually shrink down to nothingness when you sit down at a bonfire, and not just vanish like they do when you swap hands. Probably haven't seen it before since I mostly use small weapons, but now I had the bonewheel shield equipped.
    That reminds me, if you want to get your weapon to show while you're sitting at a bonfire (in case you want to, say, take a screenshot to make a cool avatar! silly) the best is to put it in your left hand and two-hand your main weapon, that way the weapon you want to see will be on your back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:44 am