Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 6 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 am

Well if you can't pick axe your way to Vamos I doubt its possible anywhere else
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 6 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 am

Spoiler:

Reach for the Stars Kid.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:27 am

I don't understand
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:29 am

He wishes to break down walls with a pickaxe, as Vamos does. So, I posted an image of someone doing it, Vamos, while saying reach for the stars. Tongue in cheek, saying "Keep on trying," like a motivational poster.

That in essence was the joke you missed.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:53 am

Priscilla's dagger's handguard is for a left handed weapon
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:49 pm

@Tolvo

Hahahaha - i got it when i saw the picture

My latest theory....

Hitting the 'skulls' in ash lake with the pickaxe...

After reading some 'secret' things From did in the King's Field series (hitting a rock 200 times to open a secret door?!?). Im starting to really think anything still hidden will require doing something very unusual
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Very unusual indeed considering people have combed through the code off the Xbox disk and seen the whole 3D map based off collision detection data, which means if there is somewhere we can go we haven't been we should of found see it then.
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

wow I might just start using Priscilla's dagger lefty now because of that very true fact skarekrow.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm

If you do that then I have to delete the fact. How dare you turn it useful!
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 pm

I was hanging out in Duke's Archive near the second bonfire and if you walk towards the end of the hall, behind the staircase, there's a floating book. Maybe it's just a glitch in my game but nonetheless, a completely useless fact (in my game) I find interesting.
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Ive seen that book too - always thought it was a local issue. Can you take a look at it and take and post a picture - i would do it but im currently in tomb of giants in ng++
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Did you know that your body parts are completely invisible when underwater with the Ring of Fog on?

Last edited by ICEFANG on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Shabbalaba wrote:Ive seen that book too - always thought it was a local issue. Can you take a look at it and take and post a picture - i would do it but im currently in tomb of giants in ng++

Sure I'll try!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

I've seen a floating book too. Wonder if it's the same one. Icefang that's the exact opposite of useless, particularly for forest Hunters
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:32 pm

I fixed it for you.
    Viral Enki
    Viral Enki
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Viral Enki Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Not sure if it's been said but the trees before Sens are 2D and a rock before the forest bonfire is floating.

Last edited by Viral Enki on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:36 pm

From the Taurus Demon boss area, near the two snipers you can see Darkroot....Except, it is completely in the wrong direction. To the left of it is Sen's fortress, but really far away. As well from where it is, Anor Londo is above it, which just doesn't make any sense at all. As well it only has the upper area, the whole hydra area is missing. Likely this was an early version of it before the decided it was better elsewhere, but they forgot to remove the old version. As well you can see Valley of the Drakes from there, but it is empty. Except for what looks like a gold oval, with two golden wings.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/17/70/05/39/img_0112.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/17/70/05/39/img_7711.jpg
    Here's the book someone was talking about that had legible letters:
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/17/70/05/39/img_8710.jpg
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:05 am

Oh also, the weird thing about the floating book is that when I went to look for it as human, it wasn't there but when I went hollow, it was. Also when I invaded someone, he had two floating books there.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:04 am

That legible book confirms that Lordran is on Earth. "Playfair's British Family Antiquity"? Why else would they use an actual book!?

Be back later, going to try to find a giant crow.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 am

Shkar wrote:That legible book confirms that Lordran is on Earth. "Playfair's British Family Antiquity"? Why else would they use an actual book!?

WTF! That's an actual book ?! :affraid: How random? ... Or is it?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    Shkar wrote:That legible book confirms that Lordran is on Earth. "Playfair's British Family Antiquity"? Why else would they use an actual book!?

WTF! That's an actual book ?! :affraid: How random? ... Or is it?

If google can be trusted, I believe it is this book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=k-aaX2lOJZYC&pg=PA254&lpg=PA254&dq=Playfair%27s+British+Family+Antiquity+volume+nine&source=bl&ots=-quZYUtufy&sig=pkz1vr52e-c5WmpeeKTdSIyISJA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wf0ZUIK8GofPqgHJxoCYAQ&ved=0CEUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:13 am

The first letter on the book in game is an S, so I don't think it has to do with the word British.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:14 am

On Amazon, it says "British Family Antiquity: Illustrative of the origin and progress of the rank, honors, and personal merit, of the nobility of the United Kingdom... with an elegant set of chronological charts"
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:17 am

Tolvo wrote:The first letter on the book in game is an S, so I don't think it has to do with the word British.

What? It looked like the word Bristish to me on the second line. And even if they did change the first letter, they still took the entire title (minus one letter) from an existing book.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:28 pm