Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 5 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by dianaduh Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:42 pm

The fact you can hear your character breathing.
    Its not like a real breath but theres a sound that follows your breath rhythm, when you have your shield up it gets faster.
    It even annoys me sometimes when i'm at the garden
    mr.lucaslion1000
    mr.lucaslion1000
    Casual
    Casual

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 5 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by mr.lucaslion1000 Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:27 pm

if you are bare handed and you have the hornets ring on you backstab as if you where holding a sword
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Awesome facts! I didn't know much of this page
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:58 am

If you are female wearing Shadow Garb, no pants, and enter a world as a phantom/ invader, you will see a crotch shot. Maybe it is just me being perverted but it is pretty clear.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 am

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that someone will find a use for that crotch shot fact.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that someone will find a use for that crotch shot fact.

what kind of dastardly fiend would do such a thing? its vile and perverted! now if youll excuse me, i must go co-oping on my ninja.

and for my useless fact: you can dark hand the forest hunter npcs. you do not however get any humanity for it, or even damage them. it just looks awesome.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 am

Lol you could Dark Hand a bent over ninja too
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 am

^^Told ya. The Crotch Shot fact is herewith declared useful thanks to support from barrywilkins and Federally
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm

I noticed if you sit at the lower Blighttown BF at a certain angle your leg gets twisted up. It looks painful
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 am

^ Also noticed that at other bonfires.

Although it seems that the game only has preset animations at first it actually has kind of dynamic movements in a way. If you walk over a smaller object lying on the ground your feet just go trough it, but if one foot is positioned inside the object and you stop moving the foot goes up like after a second so it actually stands on the object. If you walk stairs or up a hill or something, there is the standard walking/running animation when you move, so the character's feet just go inside the stairs/ground first for a second but then the game quickly moves them up to the right level while you're moving. Sometimes one or both legs start twitching/glitching (we've all seen it a hundred times I guess).

Also it is obviously so that the leg animation and upper body animation are independant from each other e.g. you can run while doing other suff like switch weapons or cast fire surge or when you buff a weapon you can keep moving for a short time after casting etc. But NO they had to make the gestures as a whole preset animation and you can't move out of/cancel them. :x
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 am

I'm glad they did that with gestures. Gestures make me mad. Thats another discussion however.

Useless fact: how you can kill dragons and slaughter gods but cannot climb a waist high wall.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 am

swordiris wrote:I'm glad they did that with gestures. Gestures make me mad. Thats another discussion however.

Useless fact: how you can kill dragons and slaughter gods but cannot climb a waist high wall.

That applies to all gaming
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:39 am

Even In demons you could climb waist high walls. I did so in 4-1 and was shocked.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

There were very few places you could do that in Demon's... And besides, you're a burly adventurer, might be wearing heavy gear, definitely wielding sharp things, climbing over obstacles might be a bad idea; you might slip and break a leg, or worse, impale yourself! Would be embarrassing to slay all those demons, then impale yourself trying to climb a waist-high wall. silly
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah Blaine, but ninja-flipping all over the place in heaviest armor is just totally logical... silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Hey, I won't argue with you there! That shouldn't be happening. :roll:
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 am

If you play dragonform and are summoned, instead of the normal dragon, you use a different character skin. Its really easy to see if you look at the eyes or compare the size of the wings with a host dragon.
    sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sean1230 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:00 pm

The greatshield of artorias looks differebt when you are a red phantom...most likely a visual glitch
    Keyz Kage
    Keyz Kage

Post by Keyz Kage Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:24 pm

If you use Chameleon and fall off a certain height, it will break. Yeep.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:27 pm

sean1230 wrote:The greatshield of artorias looks differebt when you are a red phantom...most likely a visual glitch

Which reminds me, there are claw marks inside the this shield, you can see them when you block and look by your hand.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm

You jerks are giving me too many things to go and look at now. Excellent work
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 pm

There's a rock sticking out right above the water in the forest that you can stand on without dying.
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 am

Theres some scratches and etchings on rocks in the firelink shrine graveyard - they look as if they could have been created by a pickaxe . . . . . 0.o

- i really want to believe the pickaxe or blacksmith hammers can be used to knock down a 'special' wall
    ...ive tried in a lot of areas...no luck so far = (
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 am

Can you Pickaxe your way in to Vamos from the outside?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 am

Federally wrote:Can you Pickaxe your way in to Vamos from the outside?
    I had this theory as well, but had no luck with a +14 pickaxe, although my strength was very low.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:06 am