Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 3 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Shkar Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 pm

If I remember correctly, when customizing a character there is an option to change facial hair color, but no option to GET facial hair.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 3 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Under jaw options, you can have facial hair.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:51 am

The fact that the painting guardian sword mentions that the guardians guard different paintings.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 am

The fact that the Skull Lantern that belongs to a necromancer, matches the description of Vamos.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 am

I know it was discussed a little bit ago, but Soul Spears can also be cast through the prisoner cages in Sen's. The player may never be trapped in one, but let's just say it makes it much harder than one might think to kill Logan when he's in there...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:00 am

The fact that if you picked up the silver knight shield before talking to Gwynevere, it says she is the "Illusory Goddess." Though that wording...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Another useless fact is that friendly phantoms can deflect arrows somewhat. You have to be very close, but if you manually aim at point blank range at a fellow friendly phantom, the arrow will exit their body at a slightly different and seemingly random angle compared to the angle you fired it. It can vary each time even if you don't re-target and keep shooting the same spot. Sometimes you can get extremely long range shots this way, where the arrow comes out at a higher up angle than how you fired it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 am

Nah, you can see the Iron Golem before the fight:

Spoiler:

Useless fact: the giant clams have no eyes, yet they aggro according to sight-lines. I figured they'd locate prey by vibration, so distance, but no--it's sight-lines. (Wait... that's not useless!)

Edit: ok, here's a useless fact. One no one really should know, but it is utterly useless: the Undead Asylum is actually located... In the sky, somewhere above the Undead Parish Church! silly (Map viewer. If you stand on the rooftop where you fight the gargs, and look at a 45 degree angle toward the sun, that's roughly where the asylum is--no, you can't see a shred of it! I looked...)

Edit 2: Oh, I just remembered an actual useless fact I found while playing! I knew there must be something useless I'd discovered... Anyways: If you look at the Undead Parish Church's belltower from Sen's, the ladder you climb to go ring the bell doesn't appear on the church. The model of the church, from that distance, doesn't include that minor (or pretty important!) detail.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 pm

You never hear the blighttown bell ringing, but you can hear the parish bell ringing (online thing)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Shabbalaba wrote:Thanks - Doughboy , nice to meet you. Sorry for the repeat info

You're a hero for calling him Doughboy first time

Slotting right into the forum injokes lol!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Bla1ne...that pic looks like it's from Sen's. Dough was talking about the view from the Gargoyle Belltower I believe.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Bla1ne...that pic looks like it's from Sen's. Dough was talking about the view from the Gargoyle Belltower I believe.
    Correct.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 am

I wouldn't expect to see a character model from that far away, so I thought you meant from Sen's... but point taken!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:48 am

+1, op. Solely for Art.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Not really a fact, but I was randomly standing around with my sanctus shield on my back zoomed in, and noticed that what I thought were silver rivets on it seem to be stones of some sort. There are indents in the pattern where a bunch of them are missing. Is this why the shield's power has faded?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:32 pm

befowler wrote:Not really a fact, but I was randomly standing around with my sanctus shield on my back zoomed in, and noticed that what I thought were silver rivets on it seem to be stones of some sort. There are indents in the pattern where a bunch of them are missing. Is this why the shield's power has faded?

Yes, and don't you dare question my answer.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:15 pm

callipygias, thanks. Also, I assume you mean Garfunkel.

befowler, a lack of bedazzling means less power? Sounds right actually
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 pm

The stones are missing because I pried them out to make myself a tiara. Sorry for weakening your shield!

You can feed Frampt your cat covenant ring for 1000 souls and then quit/reload and pick it up in the chest behind him.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Lol. I'd call that a useful fact but I think that's probably one of the slowest ways to farm souls ever. As such, it is an epic useless fact cheers
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:03 pm

On page 5 of the manual - Heres exactly what it says:

THE WORLD OF DARKNESS

You are thrust into a world of darkness, a world of demons. It's a place where humans with the Dark Ring are sent to succumb and transform into the living dead. You are soulless at the beginning of the adventure, and in order to regain your soul, you must emerge from the abyss to reach the land of the living.

- where it says 'dark ring', shouldnt this say dark sign? or is this meant in a literal way , as in the dark sign physically is a ring.
    -the last line ....in order to regain your soul, you must emerge from the abyss ti the land of the living ....are we talking literally again? If so maybe there is a way to get kaathe to take us to the so called land of the living?

Off topic - i think the coins are meant to be dropped in the 3 different wells (firelink, new londo, lower undead burg) in a special pattern (similar to the way you get the IWBYD skull in halo 3 - where the player has to jump thru hoops in a special series - i.e. 1st, 7th, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 4th , weird noise is heard and than the item appears at the end of the hall)
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Dangerously close to useful lore... *insert finer points of fishing*.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 am

If I remember correctly, the game was originally supposed to be called the Dark Ring--or maybe it was just the Dark Sign that was supposed to be called that. Either way, apparently it's because dark ring is a British slang term for that part of the body where the sun don't shine...

I like the theory about the wells though. If there's no truth to it, there should be!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am

It was originally called Dark Rings.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 pm

I think folks have tried coin dropping in the wells (I did) but the problem is that the coin drops right below you like a regular object, instead of in front of you like a prism stone. So you either drop it on the lip uselessly, or you fall in and die. If there's a way to safely drop one in I'd love to know it.

Another useless fact is that if you jump off the firelink/parish elevator as if you were headed back to the crow, but instead start jumping off your left and make a few more leaps, there are a couple of empty rooms/spaces you can get into among the various crumbled walls. Nothing in there, but there's a window to jump back out so somebody thought about it when they were designing the place.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 am

Your skin colour as a hollow changes depending on your nationality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:38 am