Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
FinPeku
TehInfamousAmos
callipygias
7 posters

Infinity 6

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Infinity 6 Empty Infinity 6

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

A covenant formed around an extended challenge and low level co-op.

THE CHALLENGE: Getting to NG+++++++(7) with your soul level in the single digits. If you're interested just beat NG and NG+ with a character SL9 or lower, then you can just progress as slowly or fastly as you'd like from there (making up words along the way). I personally enjoy playing my guy in one or two hour stretches for PVE, but for the covenant/co-op part of Infinity 6 I'll play him for much longer periods. I'll put the covenant part in the next post.

May as well have ranks to mark our progress:

Infinity Challenger ~ After beating NG

Infinity 1 ~ Beat NG+

Infinity 2 ~ Beat NG++

Infinity 3 ~ Beat NG+++

Infinity 4 ~ Beat NG++++

Infinity 5 ~ Beat NG+++++

Infinity 6 ~ Beat NG++++++

At NG+7 the difficulty no longer increases, so CONGRATULATIONS, lay down that orange sign, because you did it!!!

Feel free to BB it if that's something you do and you want to here, or gift weapons to each other or whatever. Makes no difference for this challenge. No modding, of course.

Proof! If you don't have the ability or desire to make a video (like me) we will simply verify for one another through souls gained by co-oping a boss.

If anyone is interested in joining and has suggestions, ideas, whatever you like, please don't be shy. Everyone going after Infinity 6 will have equal say, including me.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Infinity 6 Empty Re: Infinity 6

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 pm

The Co-op part.

Every playthrough you're required to stop and co-op at the Burg for a while in order to help new players get past the griefers. You can decide how many summons, but if you haven't done low level Burg co-op I can tell you the summons will be REALLY fast.

RULE #1: Never use any weapon above +0 against the engine, even if it means you or your host die. I materialize with my +10 Fire Rapier equipped in case there's an invasion in progress, if there isn't I switch to my +0 Warpick.

Rule #2: No extravagant gifting, and NO GIFTING UPGRADED WEAPONS. Since you have nothing to do with your millions of souls but lose them I buy dozens of onion helms each playthrough and hand those out in the Burg. I also hand out arrows to archers and if the host spent one of his resins on the BK or Havel I'll give him 3 Charcoal Resins.

Rule #3: Not exactly a rule, but try to make sure the host is included as much as possible. Sometimes (especially with Havel) they'll just stand on the stairs and watch, but usually they want in on the action so I try to pull the attention of enemies to set them up for BS's and whatnot. And with the exception of Havel, or unless the host is really low on health I always try to leave them the killing blow.

Those are the only rules I can think of right now. Please suggest more if they occur to you.

I'm not sure how much co-op should be allowed between us Infinity 6ers. Your advice is welcome. At the very least I do suggest summoning random players for the Burg and Parish. It's kind of fun. Unless I'm summoning someone with obvious advanced gear I warn them though.

Last edited by callipygias on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Im up for this - I have already got my Insane scavenger build on NG+++ though I will make a new toon for this if you want?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. Why the SL 9 cap though? I just made me a SL 10 char and planned to do this with it big grin
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Amos, only make a new toon if you want to. Grandfathering one in makes you a real trail blazer though. Up to you.

Fine, Fin. I'll change it to 10 if you want... unless your character is brand new and you could re-do it as a 9 with little trouble. Not like it really makes a difference at that level anyway, I guess. Plus it gave me a chance to say fine, Fin. 10's a good round nbr.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:44 pm

big grin lol

Well, actually it is quite new. I could re-do it quickly. But I'm currently doing a SL 10 co-op playthrough with it. I'll think about making a new char.

I'm not a pve expert so proceeding to ng+7 will probably turn out to be too hard for me. But i'm interested in trying.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 pm

By the way, like they say at Mardis Gras, "SHOW US YOUR STATS!!!"

Here's my guy, sl 6:

Vit: 10

Att: 12

End: 11

Str: 12

Dex: 14

Res: 12

Int: 10

Fai: 8

I made this guy to co-op in the Burg, and because I wanted to make a character who looked like Kaminari's Caesar cosplay. Once I decided to do this challenge I didn't know if the stats could've been better spent so I just went with this guy because I like him.

Just killed Gwyn in ++++, but it was pretty hard. My little Dragoncrest shield will no longer block some of his attacks. It's what I feared when I started this run, and it finally happened. I put on a FAP ring and then I could barely block the first hit of his one-hand swing, thank God. That attack is so quick I can't time it well enough to parry the first hit. If I try I inevitably end up parrying air and getting kicked, which means DEAD.

On to +++++. I think I'll do Burg co-op off and on for a few days with this guy though, and play some other characters. Infinity 6ing is kind of exhausting.

Last edited by callipygias on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Since you have nothing to do with your millions of souls but lose them I buy dozens of onion helms each playthrough and hand those out in the Burg

Hahaha why the onions ?

I think it's great you are handing out healthy snacks instead of luxurious-materialism though :pirat:

I would love to be accepted within Infinity 6

I haven't done a really low SL playthrough before but Im sure it won't give me much trouble , I love insane modes & tactical challenges and offcourse Im more then familiar with Dark Souls.

I mainly play melee and I don't want to use sorcery , but I think I would like to equip a few pyro-spells for this character. Which spells would you recommend to equip in general , offcourse swapping out for a boss-fight might be needed.

I don't want it to become some sort of an easy mode , and you have a lot of experience with this , so could you give me some advice on when to upgrade my weapons to which degree ?

I don't know which weapons I would like to use at all .,

but would I like to mainly stick to one weapon with an elaborate & fun moveset to use , throughout the whole campaign.

I also'surely am not going to do Run-Throughs but full playthroughs .,I think this should also be a rule.

Exept for The Great Hollow ., maybe :suspect:

Thanks in advance & Looking forward to hearing from you
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I also think it might be a nice rule that Infinity sixers may only summon other infinity sixers for at least a few bosses. But at such a low SL there won't be much summon signs later on in the game anyway
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 am

Yes, summoning rules are something we need to decide on. I've never been a summoner myself, mostly because when I started I was terrified of invasions so I pretty much played hollow until well past infinity with my main character. I can tell you that it's fun to summon in the Burg though, and since there's no real challenge there it isn't like cheating. It might be tough to decide this, since some people might get perma-stuck on a boss and need help to continue.

Also, Ziko, NG will be cake for you no matter what you do, beyond that you don't need to be worried about being OP. I'm not saying + will give you trouble either, just that you won't be OP with maxed out weaps/gear.

I like to use a variety of weapons, that's kind of why I put the points into dex and str. The two that've saved me in specific situations are a Fire Great Scythe (for the Kings) and a Divine Estoc (for those 3 skellies with Nito -- I have to be able to 1-shot them at this point or I'm screwed). And the ability to use a bow with poison arrows is so incredibly valuable sometimes. Mostly I alternate between a Fire Balder SS, Ltng. Balder SS, and I use my Fire Rapier A LOT, but those are just weapons I like.

I think the others here (including yourself) would actually have better advice on that stuff though. I'm kind of a seat-of-the-pants type builder. Sometimes I REALLY wish I had 16 str for some of the shields though, but not if it meant giving up my crit weaps or bow.

As for pyro it's Great Combustion all day and all night, man. I sometimes feel like using it isn't really fair, but when it comes to the high level Four Kings it's the greatest thing in the world. As much for the stamina as the damage.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 am

I've already got a deprived now on NG++++ last round he defeated gwyn with a +10 weapon... this time I will upgrade my weapon to +15 if I can get through the ruins, this will allow me to go grab CoA quickly and get 4 kings out of the way so I can invade for some humanity.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:26 am

My SL8 toon for this - I was thinking http://tinyurl.com/82hpr6c idk though. actually scratch that for this - I want my fast roll winking I always defeat gwyn w/o parries even on the deprived, this time I may hyper-mode his a*s and hornet ring riposte with RTSr on it, should only take two hits to kill.

Last edited by TehInfamousAmos on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Make that a SL9 toon, I want a bow and to fast roll with that outfit xD http://tinyurl.com/7cklxgl)
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 am

bit depressing that I won't have my PW in conjunction with my RTSr, because then I coulda ran sanctus and lost no HP but dealt soo much damage per hit xD
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:35 am

Im currently doing a SL1 playthrough in NG...
    Will increase it a lvl each for each playthough winking

So im in... happy
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 am

(for those 3 skellies with Nito -- I have to be able to 1-shot them at this point or I'm screwed).

I recon Sif will be one of the toughest bosses at such low SLs or am I wrong ?

Also, Ziko, NG will be cake for you no matter what you do, beyond that you don't need to be worried about being OP. I'm not saying + will give you trouble either, just that you won't be OP with maxed out weaps/gear

thanks for clarifying , that was exactly what I was looking for.

I also like to be able to swap certain things for specific bosses so I have to figure out what my ideal stat allignment will be.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:11 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I always defeat gwyn w/o parries even on the deprived, .
    You killed Gwyn in +++ at sl 6 without ripostes? Okay, THAT'S impressive. Tell me every detail, please. I'd like to try your method minus the RT ring.

After something well over 1,500 hours of Dark Souls yesterday was the first time I ever used it. I felt I needed it for ++++ Kings. It's sooo damn OP, I think I've avoided it for fear of becoming dependent on it. Same reason I only use magic in co-op.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 am

Ive never used RT ring at all either .,

The 4 kings are probably my favourite bossfight , when Im not overpowered ,and they won't be much pain to deal with , Im gonna love it ,

but damn , I think Gwyn will def give me trouble at low SL on NG allready guys
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:34 am

^Almost EXACTLY the attitude I went in with. Let's see if you end up as surprised as I did regarding those two boss fights.

Huh, where did my post go regarding Sif? Well, what I said was that I went in to Sif without even considering the possibility he'd be difficult, and he handed me my ***. I was so mad I fell off the cliff on the runback. You just have to respect him again like you probably did when you first fought him. It's kind of a long fight since you have to be so careful.

Jovias-86 wrote:Im currently doing a SL1 playthrough in NG...
    Will increase it a lvl each for each playthough winking

So im in... happy
    Awesome. Happy to have you. Keep us updated on your progress!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 am

I'm not sure if you guys want to make a rule regarding HP, but I realized today that if you do this challenge as a Knight and put your points into Vitality you'd have NINETEEN. Add FaP and it's kind of over-healthed for this challenge, imo.

Should we cap Vit?
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 am

My first time beating Sif was solo , with not the ideal stats & equipment offcourse , and it was a nice long and really satisfying fight.

After becoming more familiar with the game it became easy.,

But with my first SHIELDLESS character I had to learn and adjust to Sif all over again, and it became a lot of fun once more silly

Im probably going to start my first infinity playthrough somewhere next week

Infinity 6 558843162
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:45 am

Well I actually got busy with couple other builds since the day before...

But I will be progressing today hopefully... Thats if my coop journey takes a halt for another day... :p

Btw its Sif and 4 kings next for me happy

Oh I forgot to mention... Except the O&S fight I've used normal upgraded hand axe... I should have used it for the O&S boss fight too sad
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 am

At which point did you upgrade your hand axe to +15 ?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 am

callipygias wrote:I'm not sure if you guys want to make a rule regarding HP, but I realized today that if you do this challenge as a Knight and put your points into Vitality you'd have NINETEEN. Add FaP and it's kind of over-healthed for this challenge, imo.

Should we cap Vit?
    I've been doing low level (sl 1, sl 5, sl 10, etc...) playthrus for quite some time. Even at sl 10 vitality has very little wiggle room unless u lvl up vitality only. Which would mean you are now very limited (base) in endurance, strength and dex. Which limits weapon and armor choices. So really, you are talking about limiting start builds or (more likely) the use of items such as: RoFaP and Mask of mother primarily
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:07 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:I've been doing low level (sl 1, sl 5, sl 10, etc...) playthrus for quite some time.
    Sounds like an acceptance speech! You ready to take one of them to infinity?

And I guess capping a stat isn't really necessary. A Knight could actually have 18 Vit, so with MoM and FaP they'd be pretty buff, AND they get an attunement slot, but I guess they're fairly limited in their weapon choices if they put all their points to vit.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:21 am

I made a chaos Hand Axe for future battles happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:40 am