Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
justwant2play
RANT
Yarxov
skarekrow13
Carphil
Maneater_Mildred
strangejoy
Doelker
Herbo
Liff Daddy
Back Lot Basher
Serious_Much
Akatik
17 posters

Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match?

Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match? Empty Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match?

Post by Akatik Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Question.

I'm wearing full Black Iron +5. I love the look of the set, it just seems so imposing. Plus..it's Tarkus' armor and we all know he's a bad ***.

I'm thinking of mixing in a few pieces from other sets to look a little cooler.

What do you guys do?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match? Empty Re: Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match?

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Mix and match, i always need mixing to get balance of weight stats and awesome factor.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match? Empty Re: Do you wear full armor sets or mix and match?

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

mix and match for effect and weight, defense. I'm not a huge fan of heavy armor, since it slows you down a lot. But I play mostly as a caster (mage or cleric), so poise isn't an issue.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I usually just use a single set, although once I actually research which ones look good and offer good protection I'll most likely mix and match.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:54 pm

I'll mix and match for effect sometimes if I'm just getting my arse drilled by a boss (I'm not the type of dude that can beat the Four Kings on NG++ in my underwear at level 3 with a broken sword hilt and no estus)

But I generally like to have my characters look cool too, even if I am a little more squishy than if I was rolling in the best-in-slot gear for my build.

For my medium-armor melee dude I seriously dig the Black Iron helm, gauntlets and greaves with the Elite Knight chest piece. For my sorcerer I am digging the black sorcerer gear, but he's also a baby toon and not really possessed of many other options at this point. The starting thief gear is pretty slick looking and I tend to use the hood just for looks, and then I've supplemented with the Darkwraith armor. My pyromancer is now wearing the crimson robes with the dark-hand for a shield. I imagine I'll probably make a cleric at some point, and choose a FAT male (as is the trend) and then dress him up in the maiden robes for Chris-Farley-In-A-Dress-With-Lightning-Bolts
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:11 pm

As posted before, one of my toons has a gold hemmed skirt and hood with blacknight chest and gloves... Looks awesome and I have a little more movement and some protection as well.
    The other one is using the full set of the elite knight armor... Kind of heavy though :|
    I like to have the ability to move like fly and sting like a bee happy
    And any of my toons are created or balanced for PvP.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Mix and match, baby. I'm loving the look of the brass set right now, but it has a suboptimal amount of poise, so I have to beef it up with other sets. Black iron legs and giants gauntlets actually look really good with the brass set. I also like to use the royal helm whenever I can, because it's so unique looking.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Havels on hands and feet, rest i mix around based on what toon im using and if im pvp or pve.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Havels gloves with elite knight armor and another plate leggings looks really cool
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Remix here too. My primary weapon is the Lifehunt Scythe so I use the gold hemmed hood and skirt for the reaperesque look. Using the rest of the robe is cliche, plus I use a shield so I add a heavy piece for chest and gauntlets. Kind of like the angel of death if he was afraid of getting stabbed. I use Stone chest and Blood Shield for everyday meanderings so I can have free use of both ring slots. When it's time to hunt a boss I switch to Havel chest and Black Iron shield.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:32 pm

I always mix and match. For my lifehunt build I have Eastern and Shadow set mix for best mobility and bleed resist. (biggest downside is low poise)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:00 pm

i mix and match for weight purposes but when i invade i out on armor of thorns and armor of favor like a fashionista.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:27 pm

I mix and match. I go for efficiency rather than uniformity.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Mix and match all the way. I generally have to do it anyway in order to find a weight balance that works, but I also feel like that's a big part of the fun in creating a build. Not only finding a combo that works but a combo that looks cool. I'm working on a faith/strength build right now and at the moment I've got him in the Cleric Gauntlets/Leggings, the Holy Robes, and the Child's Mask. I love the Cleric Legs, they're like chain mail rave pants.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:24 am

i usually mix and match, but right now i've got a silver knight cosplay toon going right now and the full sets not bad and that helm only works with the rest of the set. usually though i'll go with heavy cleric chest paladin gauntlets and the bloodstained skirt, head gear changing as the situation warrants.
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:10 am

Mix and match for sure.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 am

dingy hood and skirt, elite chest and silver gauntlets, the pious knight look for my great scythe/iaito user. also the best balance of misc and physical defense my endurance build can handle. wolf ring to fix the poise issue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 am