Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DemonOfFate
OrnsteinFanBoy
Knight Alundil
Jansports
DoughGuy
Acarnatia
WyrmHero
ErrJon6661
ViralEnsign_
LordRevan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rudmed
16 posters

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Added ranks, recommended SL's and personal thoughts on a few things.

Anyone suggest a recommended ranking system? I was thinking about borrowing the Lifehunter's point system and using that. Try to promote particpation.

I am still taking feedback!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:35 am

I take issue with you saying Nito would shudder in fear.
    A he cant shudder

B No one is scarier than Nito!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 am

Nito can shudder....he just bangs the skeletons that compose his body together. That is him shuddering.

As for B...wouldn't Seath be? I mean he is immortal until you break a crystal, which is really well protected. Nito...he is kinda weak.

......This is why you ought to kill Nito and take his place. Surely if you kill him then I can't say anything about you as you are clearly more powerful then him.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 am

Its about scary factor not power!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 am

Power correlates with scary factor though.

I would be more afraid of Nito if he had a nuclear bomb tied to his chest with a dead man's switch then what he is now.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 am

My suggestion, and please don't take any offence to this, but give your covenant something that makes it extremely unique.

Many people have been creating user covenants and many of them are simply invading/hosting with some lore involved. Granted, some do take it to the next level.

But currently your covenant is an invasion/gravelord covenant that can't use boss weapons and has a cap of 80.

A ridiculous example would be to have members use the Server, ring of the Evil Eye and the darkhand so that they are literally sucking the life and humanity out of their victims.

I hope this helps.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:58 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:My suggestion, and please don't take any offence to this, but give your covenant something that makes it extremely unique.

Many people have been creating user covenants and many of them are simply invading/hosting with some lore involved. Granted, some do take it to the next level.

But currently your covenant is an invasion/gravelord covenant that can't use boss weapons and has a cap of 80.

A ridiculous example would be to have members use the Server, ring of the Evil Eye and the darkhand so that they are literally sucking the life and humanity out of their victims.

I hope this helps.

It helps, but I am trying to let the people have a chance of victory. Thus the light restrictions (Well you can't use any boss weapons isn't exactly light at all). I'm trying to take it to the next level without being over bearing and killing off player creativity.

I like your idea, but that stuff requires points. Then you have a bunch of people running around in the same gear to show they are part of this group. Putting points to use this gear means they have less points to work in other ways, and kills ideas.

I really do like the dark hand though.....however can Gravelords still sap humanity out of someone with it? I have tried to use the power attack on NPCs and managed to get 0 humanity! The evil eye ring only works if you kill something though....Sadface.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I was giving an extreme example hahahahaha. But I think you understand the idea. I'd try and make a few more restrictions than you do already. Many covenants offer different "classes" to join as, so they'll have a knight loadout, a thief loadout and a mage loadout or something. You can do it without being as restrictive as say the AoV covenant. But without it its just invading with lore.

And I'm not sure about the darkhand. I know npc's have a limited amount per loading so that may be why. I've never managed to host a game and use it, mostly because I don't host that often and its rarely in my loadout.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:I was giving an extreme example hahahahaha. But I think you understand the idea. I'd try and make a few more restrictions than you do already. Many covenants offer different "classes" to join as, so they'll have a knight loadout, a thief loadout and a mage loadout or something. You can do it without being as restrictive as say the AoV covenant. But without it its just invading with lore.

And I'm not sure about the darkhand. I know npc's have a limited amount per loading so that may be why. I've never managed to host a game and use it, mostly because I don't host that often and its rarely in my loadout.

Yes I will try to incorperate that, I have thought of a few ideas (oh dear head to your nuclear shelters now). I would apperciate someone answering the Dark hand question though. If Gravelords cannot drain humanity then I must come up with some unique for them as well.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Added classes (Thanks to errjon!)) and I am thinking about the ranking up system. Currently it is how much time you spend on Dark souls.

Also give me thoughts on the classes if they satisfy paths that allow for creative freedom.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Bumping so this stays on the 1st page.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Love the classes idea, great work.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 pm

As I said before the classes were not all my idea. ErrJon helped me balance them and make them on equal level. I will be adding another weapon to the striders so they will have a choice besides, the falcon, painting guardian sword, and daggers.

I will also try to add some more stuff to the reserved posts. Thank you for your feedback Wyrm..it is good to know.

Edit: Added how we will handle mass invasions and such!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:44 am

CONSTRUCTED!

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 2 3207319737

Atleast I think we're good to go for now and if not....well I will make changes as needed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:06 am

I strongly suggest you make an example build for each class so that people have an idea on how to make them. On mugenmonkey of course.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:12 am

I might just do that...tommorow or something.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 am

Examples of classes are up! Also Bump! I would like to see if anyone is interested....no I will never give this up! Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 2 639795459
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Rudmed wrote:Examples of classes are up! Also Bump! I would like to see if anyone is interested....no I will never give this up! Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 2 639795459

That's the attitude you need. Eventually your persistence will pay off. bounce
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    That's the attitude you need. Eventually your persistence will pay off. bounce

It may take 2001 bumps, but it will LIVE!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Great to see you made the example builds. I saw your PM but I didn'thad the time to help you sorry. I would suggest you put the link after the class description. I may tweak them a bit when I got the time. SL 80 is the covenant cap?
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:44 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Great to see you made the example builds. I saw your PM but I didn'thad the time to help you sorry. I would suggest you put the link after the class description. I may tweak them a bit when I got the time. SL 80 is the covenant cap?

That is the max correct, and feel free. I'm just trying to post good examples so people will have an idea, and can either make their own or do something else.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

This sounds great. I will make a character for this covenant. For the moment, I am still offline and am working on getting my ps3 online. In the meantime, I will start up on a character for this~
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Acarnatia wrote:This sounds great. I will make a character for this covenant. For the moment, I am still offline and am working on getting my ps3 online. In the meantime, I will start up on a character for this~

Alright that sounds good! Post your build using mugen monkey and I will okay it then add you to the Ps3 members list. If you get in before this tournament then we will be an army of 2!
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Okay, here's the first draft. I did not put any Dark magic on him yet as PtD is not yet out for the ps3. (which is the system I am using)
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am

I don't see a link on your post.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Try using that site then once you are done minify the share link and post it here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:59 am