Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DemonOfFate
OrnsteinFanBoy
Knight Alundil
Jansports
DoughGuy
Acarnatia
WyrmHero
ErrJon6661
ViralEnsign_
LordRevan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rudmed
16 posters

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 8 Empty Re: Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:07 am

Bump cause i'm getting lonely on here...
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) - Page 8 Empty Re: Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Post by Rudmed Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:37 pm

FEAR NOT I HAVE RETURNED!

Yeah new londo may be a good spot, or Dukes. I'm leaning more to New Londo because people are more likely to be annoyed due to the lack of bonfires.

Awesome profile pic by the way Demon.
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 am

Hey people,

I'm looking into joining your covenant if you'll have me. I'm a really avid Darkwraith and I've actually been working on a Death's Gladiator build which is almost complete. I thought that the aspect of working in the weapon limitations provided by that class would be really fun and interesting, so that's why I went with it, also the balanced Str and Dex makes for some incredibly powerful damage output on halberds and straight swords, even at a level so low as 80.

Should I still be shooting for level 80, or can I invest a bit higher? It doesn't matter too much to me, it's just that little bit more I can put into strength and dexterity. I probably wouldn't reach for higher than SL 94 out of sheer preference (I don't like invading the SL 120 guys, that can be a bit overwhelming oftentimes).

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I hope my company is welcome, in case you were wondering, my PSN is JumpOnMySword and you can call me Jump for short. PS3 is the only platform I'm currently playing on, I may consider PC in the future.

I'd love to arrange for some good ol' PvP duels so that you can determine my relative skill level.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:16 pm

The max level is 100. This because we might get the level 80 group covenants should we invade, or gravelord for mass invasions.

The goal is somewhere between level 80-100, but you can be lower if you so desire. However, 100 is the absolute upper limit. Welcome to the covenant and the other PSN members that are active are Demon, and Luzlee. I am on Xbox sticking it to the people on that system.

As an off-topic note I am beginnng to realize that Anor Londo is a poor place to Gravelord. I have gotten all Dark spirts and no SOV.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Welcome! Now you can make people rage WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!! This is kinda offtopic but i'm starting to mid roll and its not that bad i mean 54 poise and i'm set (I could go to 76 poise but i like to stay on my toes) Of course when mid rolling i'd advise doing it on a STR guy (What i'm doing) and yeah...works more often then not people think they can backstab you when you mid roll so come off with a R1 and wait for that 500 dmg silly (Don't get me wrong i still haven't masted it) Oh and one last thing! Be wary of spears :|
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I can testify personally that medium rolling is incredibly viable, what you lack in mobility can be made up for with increased poise and defenses as well as more immediate weapon options to swap between hands.

Anyway, I figure I'll show you guys what I've been working on. This is my Death's Gladiator, I call him Cassius.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=443557302142571037

I'm going to be swapping between Havel's Ring for fast roll and the Leo Ring for insane counter attack damage with the Halberd and Longsword. I'm also rocking a Chaos Parrying Dagger because I figured that if I wanted to be badass, I might as well go all the way with it. It'll get me out of the habit of parry spamming in PvP anyway, so it's all good. I'm also not wearing any head gear (at least not for this particular fast roll setup). Armor will fluctuate constantly depending on the weapons and rings which are equipped, but this is going to be the overall basic idea. Tell me what you guys think. I'm really loving the way that Cassius looks (I took care not to make his face look too ugly), so this is already loads of fun. Currently my character is at level 78 at the time that I'm writing this, it took me about 2 days to get that far.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 pm

I like it and i feel you on the whole looking like a boss thing Here's my current build i'm rocking and i look epic http://mmdks.com/m6p I would say i'm a average pvper (In my book atleast) So if you ever feel bad about yourself just duel me! silly Ah well i look forward to having you here ill add you on PSN and maybe we could duel? (Can't duel to terribly soon though i am trying to farm for chunks to upgrade all STR weapons. I like having a variety of weapons)
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Buckler with the BKGA? Something tells me that we have similar play-styles in general. Also the Elite Knight Helm with the Wanderer Armor has been one of my all-time favorite armor combinations, so I like your style already. I'd be delighted to duel you any time. We could meet in the painted world or something.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Eh i see a problem with the painted world to many invasions when trying to duel >.> i like to duel in Demon Ruins, Moonlight pit, and sometimes New londo ruins (When you clear out enemies it becomes one of the best battle grounds) But where ever is fine with me. Also i know The elite knight with wander looks so awesome.

(Edit) Also its fun psyching people out using the buckler cause they all think you are like a total pro at parrying (I'm not a total pro but god help you if you show a pattern) so its funny seeing those Fast rollers backing off.
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:02 pm

DemonOfFate wrote:(Edit) Also its fun psyching people out using the buckler cause they all think you are like a total pro at parrying (I'm not a total pro but god help you if you show a pattern) so its funny seeing those Fast rollers backing off.
    Story of my life right there. My main PvP build uses small shields with Black Knight weapons and it's interesting to see everyone being more cautious in duels (but more bold when ganking) because of my choice in shield. My favorite shield in the game is the Red and White Round Shield, purely because I think it looks badass, but I also use the Buckler and Dark Hand from time to time.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:14 am

I just love the guys who think they can bleed me out by spamming R1...Silly humans.
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 am

I won't complain about R1 spammers. They make my job considerably easier. And even if they do get my bleed meter close to breaking, there's always Red Moss Clumps.
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:39 pm

I've been hunting gankers in the Kiln with Cassius today. Just killed my first host, I feel pretty boss. They don't know about my Leo Ring, and since I don't have a shield, they are very eager to attack me, I don't even have to bait them.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:28 pm

lol thats gankers for ya.
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

I've already killed 8 hosts in the Kiln and I'm finding that the Longsword has much more utility than my Halberd. Given how vulnerable I am to taking damage, it's a lot more convenient to have a faster weapon, it's less punishing, and I still do huge amounts of damage with the one-handed R2 attack. The fact that I can hold my own in PvP using the Longsword and no shield is something I'm really happy about. I've always wanted to play a build like that. I was too scared in the past, but now I see the value in such a thrilling challenge (and I get bragging rights). I killed a ganker today that gave me a hefty 500k souls, so I am now finished leveling my build.

I could seriously get used to how fun this is, with the exception of a couple gankers who were flat out impossible for me to fight (they were too organized), I held myself pretty well. I didn't even need to heal at any point. I'm gonna be counting all of my victories with this build so that you guys can see what I'm contributing to the covenant.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Hmm... maybe when i'm done upgrading all my weapons (Every STR weapon in the game) Ill go to the kiln and kill some gankers and finish lvling my guy (SL 86 right now) Oh and when farming the darkwraiths one of them dropped a Slab! i was pretty happy, and it was on my fourth run too. I currently have maybe half of my weapons at +13 and i have 39 chunks.
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Sounds like you're making good progress. I chose to invest the souls into getting my build up to SL 100, and right now I'm completely wrecking folks with my Longsword/Leo Ring combo. I feel so badass, my character isn't even wearing a shirt, that's how awesome he is.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Gah Pursuers are so glitchy i run them into objects they go away and i still take damage >.>
    JumpOnMySword
    JumpOnMySword

Post by JumpOnMySword Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm

I know how that feels. One thing I really hate is when I invade somebody after they've put up Pursuers, so the spell is actually invisible on my screen and I die instantly from what appears to be nothing as a result.

At the end of the day, when I actually feel compelled to send hate mail to a ganker, that's when I take a break from Dark Souls. I can only handle so much rage in one instance, and when 90% of everyone that I invade is a ganker, it can be difficult to enjoy myself sometimes. I'm only motivated by the occasional victory which makes me feel like a million bucks.

Right now I'm working on another personal PvP build on the side. It's a crossbow build, completely impractical, but I think it looks stylish.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Man you sound like me! i'm always making new builds i am thinking about making a Range only guy (No magic because **** magic) Black bow, greatbow, Avelyn and perhaps crystal ring shield (I think thats the name) and of course throwing items like poison knifes etc.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Well...you two have certainly hit it off.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Lol welcome back Rudmed.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 pm

So the only problem with my build so far is people who Roll BS. First off because roll BS has no counter i don't care what anyone says it has no counter cause all they do is wait for you to attack and then boom Ninja flip in and backstab...But other than that things aren't to bad still need to work on parrying some of the more common weapons and once i get that down i think my build will be pretty good
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Sorry guys school is keeping me busy, but Demon I will think about the spear suggestion.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:09 am

Ah wonderful, hope school is going well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 pm