Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 12 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Revoltage Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm

No I don't think so. The only weapons with decreased swingspeed seem to be the greatswords, not including the ultra greatswords.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 12 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Why would they nerf BKGA I mean it needs buffing just as much as katanas did.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 pm

It's THE ganker weapon its more cookie cutter than a havel mlgs combo
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Someone didn't get the sarcasm, they really should have slowed down the BKGA speed. From what ive seen it looks like they actually buffed the BK halberd, it seems to be a lot faster. May just be my imagination though.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 pm

then to everyone dropping their poise cause gs dont stun lock....ur gonna get stunned hard.....a lot sigh by gankers

-disappointment- PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 12 1330857165
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 pm

BKGA never stunlocked me one on one to the best of my knowledge. I have been pinballed by two people with them a couple of times and boy was that embarrasing but the normal 1 on 1 attacks no...
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

It's a move only Chester can do, not the player apparently. I wish you could do that though, it looks cool.
    Lies! There is obviously a super secret that will allow you to learn how to sweep kick like the Marvelous Chester!

*Cough* I mean, anything a phantom can do, a player can do too. It could be as hidden as pursuers or the Darkwraith covenant.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Maybe the guardian soul has something to do with it! LOL it's a bit of a stretch but no one has figured out what the heck that soul is for yet. But there are so many secrets in this game that you can't be sure about anything at all.
    I WANT TO BELIEVE. Prostration
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey Zigg, could you add the BKGA "hidden" nerf to the OP? You can see the info in the thread. Maybe if we find more you could make a separate category for the hidden changes.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Yeah I can do that. If more hidden changes come up i'll definitely make another list section for them. The BKGA swingspeed nerf is what you're talking about right?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 pm

SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah, damage. Swing speed hasn't changed.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 am

Ok I've added a new category to the list: "hidden changes". Callipygias I read in the thread you linked that rapiers might have changed also. SnailsAndSlugs can you elaborate?

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for anything that seems different. Thanks for the heads up about that info btw!
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 am

I haven't actually analyzed this "scientifically". I've only observed that rapier class weapons seem to have higher poise damage when 2 handed. If I can think of a way to test this I will, but for now, I wouldn't suggest adding it to the list.

I've observed that I can be stunned at 76 poise with 2-3 hits from a 2H estoc in PvP. I know that didn't happen on consoles.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I will continue to test, but I think stability is now important for deciding if your shield can or can't withstand a dragon roar. I also have started staggering people at +3 dragonbro, but I have to fight more people to tell for sure.
    Xardas

Post by Xardas Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi. I am new here and new to the game. Can’t compare PC and PS3 I don’t play console games. One thing got me curios. I was watching ytube video of some guy killing Sif at LVL30 and then he shows his stats. His total hit points 837 and vitality 16. I have about same HP amount and vitality is 22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzQx_zEGoM

In Wiki boss strategy for the demon in Undead Asylum somebody recommend to use Iron Flesh. This person owns me 11 humanity and 22k of souls. My paromancer was lvl 50 with 800 hp in elite knight +5 armor and lvl 15 glove. It took demon 2 hits to kill him.

In my game I can’t fully block Sif hits and my shield is better in comparison.

Also wiki mentioned black knight in Asylum but there are 2 and both drop red titanite chunk and a weapon for me. Humanity 11 no ring

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:56 pm

He wears the ring of favor and protection, which gives a 20% increase to health and stamina.
    The video is from around game release, before the game was patched. His shield is the hollow soldier shield, and it had the best stability of all the medium shields before it was nerfed.
    The Iron Flesh spell was also way too powerful at launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdcKGWmZMs
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm glad they nerfed the BKGA. If I had to choose one weapon in the game that I thought was "cheap," that would be it. I only use it when I want to murder a boss quickly or stun-lock a tank to pieces. It's clownishly strong at the moment.
    Xardas

Post by Xardas Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:32 pm

ublug wrote:He wears the ring of favor and protection, which gives a 20% increase to health and stamina.
    The video is from around game release, before the game was patched. His shield is the hollow soldier shield, and it had the best stability of all the medium shields before it was nerfed.
    The Iron Flesh spell was also way too powerful at launch: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdcKGWmZMs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdcKGWmZMs[/quote[/url]]

TY for the video. LOL

I guess more or less all easy boss strategies based on shields and spells are obsolete now and some of bosses even have different behavior patterns.

Is there any reason to upgrade from BK sword to BK greatsword? I have both and in stats don’t see really big difference to justify spending souls to upgrade BKGS and str especially considering BKG is slower. I can see a lot of discussions which weapon is better. Almost everybody prefer elemental weapons emphasizes on lighting but isn’t it better to have higher physical dmg weapon and apply necessary temporary buffs for boss fights. I have 26 str and with +5 BKS can singleshoot stone knights and need 2 hits to kill infested barbarians.

I think best weapon in the game is regular spear if you have patience for long fights. Even fully upgraded it newer have very high dmg but lets you stay behind the shield and have better reach comparing to swords. Somebody recommended pike instead but it is too long to be comfortable in a lot of situations.

Of course there is no uberstick in the game each mob needs different weapon and approach.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:07 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:I'm glad they nerfed the BKGA. If I had to choose one weapon in the game that I thought was "cheap," that would be it. I only use it when I want to murder a boss quickly or stun-lock a tank to pieces. It's clownishly strong at the moment.

But its the easiest weapon in the game to parry...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 am

I disagree, it is easy to parry but a good player can easily avoid it. A good BKGA user wants you to try and parry, so they can either parry punish and bs you or dead angle you. I honestly think it should have kept its damage but act like all other axes and stagger you if you miss.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 am

Good BKGA players... where exactly do you find them, lol?

The only BKGA players I ever see on XBL are flipping tanks looking for a hornet's backstab.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:24 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:Good BKGA players... where exactly do you find them, lol?

The only BKGA players I ever see on XBL are flipping tanks looking for a hornet's backstab.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:25 pm

^Can't see anything.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 pm

I think he is in complete agreement and added nothing but a requote.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:04 am