Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 13 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Spurgun Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I thought he posted a picture that i couldn't see Look Skyward
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 13 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I disagree, it is easy to parry but a good player can easily avoid it. A good BKGA user wants you to try and parry, so they can either parry punish and bs you or dead angle you. I honestly think it should have kept its damage but act like all other axes and stagger you if you miss.

I hear it's easy to parry; I'm glad the weapon has at least ONE flaw. If they added a penalty for missing a strike it would balance out the weapon. The fact that the Black Knights themselves stagger when they miss and the player doesn't, makes zero sense. And what's the staggering power of this thing? I think it's more than a ultra greatsword, but I might be wrong.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Actually im pretty sure its poise break is 53. I may be wrong, i usually have 53-56 and i seem to be able to take a hit without being staggered. I think it would actually be a cool weapon if it had a slight stagger after missed swings, and maybe raise the dmg just a bit and make the r2 just a little bit faster. That way it would still be good, but not the overpowered weapon it is now. I think the r2 of a lot of STR weapons need to be sped up just a tiny bit. Also with the DWGR nerfed i feel they should have lowered a few of the heavier weapons weight just a bit. Just like a lb or two.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:01 pm

I seem to remember staggering a few Giant/Havel tanks with the two-handed swings, but I would believe you before I trust one of my memories, hehe. My biggest problem with the weapon is kind of silly; I think it's too big. It looks like one of those inflatable carnival toys.

I like its R2 attacks quite a bit.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

It does 53 poise damage in one hand and 76 in both. I don't like that it was nerfed, it wasn't good enough to warrant it. It is a great weapon, but when an entire weapon class (spears) is better then its not a big deal.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Idk forum, i could care less if it stayed the same but i would say its one of the few weapons on par with spears. If it does do 76 poise dmg, it is by far the fastest weapon that does so. Are we even positive the dmg got a nerf? Theres been a lot of false information being "confirmed".
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:20 pm

I haven't tested it, so I can't say for sure. I know the feeling though.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:38 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:. Are we even positive the dmg got a nerf? Theres been a lot of false information being "confirmed".
    I gave you the numbers, you can decide what they mean. Also if there are other factors that may cause that kind of damage discrepancy with nearly identical characters let me know.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 am

Manus catalyst boosts dark sorcery damge slightly higher than the tin crstal catalyst.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm thinking it might be due to the added strength scaling of the catalyst, adding a bit more damage but i'm not sure. You're probably right though, it makes sense! I'll add that to the OP. If anyone can confirm/deny with hard numbers, that would be cool too. I'd test it but I don't have any spellcasters....
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:14 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:
    OrnsteinBro wrote:Good BKGA players... where exactly do you find them, lol?

The only BKGA players I ever see on XBL are flipping tanks looking for a hornet's backstab.

BEING PART OF THE DISCUSSION.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Waiiitt wait wait wait, the res stat is gonna have a use now?
    So the greatswords are no longer able to stunlock, does this also go for the ultra greatswords?
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm

T-King-667 wrote:Waiiitt wait wait wait, the res stat is gonna have a use now?
    So the greatswords are no longer able to stunlock, does this also go for the ultra greatswords?

Ultra-GS are unaffected. GS can still stunlock 1H, but the 2H R1 combo is too slow now to stunlock.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm

SnailsAndSlugs wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:Waiiitt wait wait wait, the res stat is gonna have a use now?

Ultra-GS are unaffected. GS can still stunlock 1H, but the 2H R1 combo is too slow now to stunlock.

Thanks for letting me know man, greatly appreciated (:
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Res is useful for pve. It reduces damage recieved by 1 point or 1% whichever is lower, for each point put in it and it applies a 7x multiplier to any attack that would otherwise have killed you. This applies only to pve.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Res is useful for pve. It reduces damage recieved by 1 point or 1% whichever is lower, for each point put in it and it applies a 7x multiplier to any attack that would otherwise have killed you. This applies only to pve.
    I know its useful for pve but if it applies to your stats consistently like the op said then it can be used in pvp aswell.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:17 am

Just a guess - Res increases your base resistances to Poison. With Bloodshield you can get incredible numbers there... But considering that Poison is not that much popular in PVP (except of Dung Pie trolling and ninja roleplay) - who cares? happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:12 am

^Yeah, similar to Luck in DeS which increase your plague resistance. I use poison/toxic in both games and they're very effective.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:26 pm

the bbs scales with luck, fear a light bbs you should.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Can anyone confirm that Katanas got a speed buff? If that's true it's the first change that'll really make me scratch my head. I can't imagine a class of weapon LESS in need of a buff than the Katanas.

And does anyone else think this thread should be stickied?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm

I second the motion.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Don't think the katanas were buffed, look at this video comparison:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOA-XJJiK4

Check out the users other videos as well!
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 am

Good katanas were over rated as hell anyway.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:50 am

two things.

first, claymores r1 r2 combo. how fast is it.
    second, patch needs to come to consoles before we know if bbg is gone.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Awesome!! Katanas, spears and Great Swords were always my bane. Loving the new content and fixes to PVP.

Even though Katanas weren't touché at all. Oh well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:22 pm