Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Murkulanvippi
RedWeb
Dilaudid281
DissidentCitizen
killzoner4dead
Nookie
Darksoulsbamf
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dumb Name
Tionel
X-government-agent
XKnightArtoriasX
Peeffy
Nezak
nightfox
Blaze1st
HadeTheKnight
baby_beavis
ZikoLogiKa NL
DeathlyLemons
bmurn
barcio
skarekrow13
Eolan
Sethanye
fizzelbottom
maelstromm15
RandelOolacile
ezekiel27
TheMiracle
Carpet.Monster
Tolvo
Tornesol
Icyblood91
dnatc
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Shkar
befowler
harry dresden
FlamingHarlekin
ChizFreak
ublug
TheTruth
Kyubi-Nick
WyrmHero
User
Whknight
Aztreal
berkut
Serious_Much
JohnnyHarpoon
Carphil
Emergence
59 posters

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 5 Empty Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by User Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes. Impossible. Unable to even move it. It regenerates HP like the Primordial Dragons. However, the Dragon does not have any reaction, other than just laying in its nest, and yelling when its tail is snapped off. That is all. It is immune to anything, and has no reaction. Only enemy that does not react to damage. The Crow and the Serpents do after a while.
    Aztreal
    Aztreal

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 5 Empty Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by Aztreal Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:39 pm

anyone tried using the pendant on the last fight? big grin
    Aztreal
    Aztreal

Post by Aztreal Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:04 pm

As for the theories everybody's coming up with, I have noticed a pattern on the lore, extinguishing the darkness, what if....you as the player eliminate the deities that Gwyn entrusted the Age of Fire to? meaning killing Boobs and Gwyndolin along with the first born Solaire not to mention becoming a Darkwraith before that. Gwyn lost his mind after he linked the fire, could the pendant be the key to bring back his memories? same goes for the statue of a mother and a child, it's a recurring event for several characters, could the ring of the first born have a hidden effect like the White Seance Ring? having all the bonfires in Lordran, unlit and Anastacia of Astora referring to herself as "impure" all the pendant research is driving me insane and at the same time, I want to be known for solving it and if people solve it they better name their npcs to those who have dedicated their lives for this research.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:08 pm

my question is in an NG+ or beyond playthrough, has anyone killed the bosses with their own weapons/abilities? (yes i am referring to killing seath and bed of chaos with their respective magics, final blow only though or even one use would do i reckon)

this theory would also fit with the whole "It will take more than one playthrough" concept that was thrown about in an interview a few of us have read.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Their is no factors that say that Gwyn lost his mind, after lighting the Bonfire. Not immediately, anyways. Do not become hollow by the Pendant. Stressing does not help with searching, and you usually miss things. A clear and open mind is always a good way to find things, do not worry about such things.

You do not kill Gwynevre either... you kill her illusion. Gwyndolin and the Princess of Sunlight Ring betray such factors of realism, as well as the Giants and the Demons disappearing with the absence of 'light'. Such factors show that Gwynevre is not real, as she ran off and married the God of the Flame, Fran... or whatever his name is.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 pm

I have made a pilgrimage with the pendant in hand while dresed in the maiden's set. I have been visiting the four shrines and performing the prayer gesture on a character with high faith/WoW. Presently I think that the possibility of ranking up in the WoW is the best theory involving the pendant, so I am trying to work sequences or ideas.
    Aztreal
    Aztreal

Post by Aztreal Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm

I wanna thank all the people here that's really dedicated about the pendant mystery. our efforts will not go to waste.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Has someone tried using white dragon breath, sunlight spear, fire tempest and toxic mist against the everlasting dragon?

Edit: Using these attacks with all the Lord Souls including Gwyn's Soul on hand?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm

After going hollow thinking how to kill that dragon, and letting that only bonfire lit, went and kill every NPC. I gave Kathee humanity until Darkwraith +2 and fight Gwyn with Solaire. Solarie lives i got a sunlight medal and choose to walk away. No change in ending. The no-bonfire run has failed unless someone finds a way to kill that stone dragon.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:25 pm

By that same token, why would a Dragon be a fire-keeper? Doesn't make sense.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 pm

I've wondered about that too. Unless the dragon is not a firekeeper.
    Kyubi-Nick
    Kyubi-Nick
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyubi-Nick Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Has anyone simply tried never going to Ash Lake on a no-lit-bonfire run? Do you just respawn each time in your cell in the Asylum after the Firelink keeper dies?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Maybe that bonfire was supposed to be unlit. I think the developer didnt care as who the firekeepers were. The only thing that matter was to make Dark Souls more accessible ( I found it more easy that Demons with bonfires so close to each other). When I did the playtrough sometimes it felt like Demons Souls, always running alot back to the boss if it kills you, lots of running to farm, and the shortcuts. The bonfire at Daughter of Chaos has an amazing shortcut if you open the shortcut to Lost Izalith. The most difficult one was all the way from the one at firelink to the Tomb of Giants. I always had white phantoms/ sunbros with me so I didnt had to go all the way back to Nito. I used LOTS of homeward bones.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Kyubi-Nick wrote:Has anyone simply tried never going to Ash Lake on a no-lit-bonfire run? Do you just respawn each time in your cell in the Asylum after the Firelink keeper dies?

When I was in blightown before fighting Quelaag I rest as soon as I could at the stone dragon bonfire. When the firekeeper died and I was going to Sens fortress I reached the Iron Golem without dying. Ill try that run on this playtrough.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Kyubi-Nick now that I see your avatar. I was trying to imagine how the statue at the sunlight altar would look if were crazy-glued. I the saw the sun's firstborn with his father garb, bracelets and anklets, along with the Dragonsleayer spear of course. The head doesnt have the crown though.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:12 am

NG+ Still no-bonfire run. I purchased a Master Key last playthrough and it stays in my inventory, along with the bottomless box. I have killed the Asylum Demon, Havel the Rock, Darkroot Hydra, Wolf Sif, Moolight Butterfly, Ingward and the Four Kings (almost died). I talked with Kaathe and he ask me if I want to know the truth, I said Yes, he told me that I must find the lordvessel in anor londo. I talked to him again and says that to speak now is to speak prematurly. I have not rung any bells. Going to check Sens fortress I hope its Opened....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 am

Still closed, still closed, mmmm
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 am

Fun Fact: When you lure Darkwraiths into the Abyss they die like they fell from a great height and then the corpses fall through it!!!!! They forgot how to walk on the Abyss! WTF!!!!!!!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Kyubi-Nick wrote:Has anyone simply tried never going to Ash Lake on a no-lit-bonfire run? Do you just respawn each time in your cell in the Asylum after the Firelink keeper dies?

I forgot about the test and rest at Daughter of Chaos bonfire meh.... But Im very sure that if I use the homeward bone Ill appear at Firelink even if its unlit.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 am

Hello Dear Friends,

Thank you every1 for your dedication to discovering the secrets of Dark Souls. I have spent the last 3 days reading every post on this thread and have come up with some ideas. I am still in my first playthrew and the only areas i have not killed the bosses in are ToG,Dukes, Crystal Caves, New Londo/Abyss, Demon Ruins (except for Ceasless, hes K.O.'d), lost izalith and Klin. People may be sceptical to my ideas seeing as how im still in my first playthrew, but i plan on playing this game for a very long time seeing as how it gives me a feeling i have not felt since final fantasy 7, not to mention the fact that it gets my blood boiling and heart pumping out my chest due to intenisty. So aside from my little ramble there, here are my ideas.

1) Pendent : ok, so i find it hard to belive that with ever1 brainstorming that we have still not found a use for the pendent. I read in the thread that the pendent u get as starting gift has diffrent text then those that can be farmed threw the forest covenent or by the death of Reah. if this is true then perhaps the starting gift pendent (i chose master key) is the one needed for a secret. so my idea is this, start a new game with the pendent as your gift and kindle all the bon fires to the max before finishing the game. the starting gift pendent says it brings fond memories if im not mistaken, so perhaps kindling all the bonfires will somehow charge the pendent absorbing the memories of your journey so to speak. Petrus is also an artifact collector, yet another clue towards the pendent, since he tells u there is a reward for kindling. Perhaps this is a way to save Solaire when u get to lost izalith seeing as how ever1 elses attempts with the pendent and Solaire at that point have been fail. perhaps even doing Lost Izalith last as to get maximum charge out of bon fires.

Another idea, what if u need more then 1 pendent (if u can hold more than 1) for the secret. where u place the lordvessel there are the urns on the opposite side that are unreachable, perhaps u need 9-10 pendents for that, or maybe the magic number is 7 seeing as how Reah drops 7 humanities with the Pendent apon her death. There are also 7 Firekeepers Souls...perhaps another clue.

There was a player that posted about Crown of Gwyn and how its the only item u can give to Frampt for 10,000 souls. The Player also said that in the Crowns Discription it says that it has lost its power (i have not got crown yet) and he suggested charging it somehow. No one responded to his post which i found strange since his idea is not something that has been tried. perhaps the pendent charges the crown somehow and when it is charged, it is a completly diffrent item. if it infact can be charged perhaps it is the key to all the secret doors that drive us mad. (example: centipede room door)

2) Way of White : my way of white idea is similar to the one i described about the pendet, they could possably be done togeather. anway there is no known way to lvl this covenant so this how i think you do it. start the game fresh and dont kindle the bon fires in asylum, maybe not even light them if possable. then when u get to firelink join way of white emideatly, then after you join you kindle to the maxx all over the game, Petrus' clue he gives about kindling brings rewards comes into effect again. so kindle all the fires to maxx and aim for good ending just to be safe, then on your NG+ we could find out if the covent would rank up.

3) Princess Guard : another covenant we are not sure how to lvl. i think perhaps leveling this regards helping other players and summoned npc by healing them, with the miricles u get from the Pisacas in Dukes. so online play would be necessary for speed in leveling this. maybe healing other players would be effective with the Way of White as well.

4) Everlasting Dragon : this is the only NPC in the game that can not be killed nore will leave apon you trying to kill him. even the asylum bird will fly away if its taking too much dmg, but will return cuz if he died access to the asylum would not be accessable. I think there is a special way to kill him if at all possable. has anyone tried lvling dragon covenant to the +3/max and killing him? or perhaps the way to kill him is not him, destroy a crystal somewhere like with seath.

5) Empty Chests : as far as i know there are only 2 chests thare are empty in the game, the one 1 in firelink shrine which has been proven to spawn items that would be game breaking and the other is in gwyndolins tomb which people say have the maidin set if you havent gotten it in Dukes. I think this is Bogus because im on my first playthrew and the chest was empty for me. i did not have access to Dukes at the time cuz i did not have the lordvessel. perhaps the way to get something in that chest is to lvl the Darkmoon Covenant to +3 and above and maybe during a playthrew when you are at max there will be something inside the chest. this chest bothers me as i know there is something special about it.

6) Fertive Pygmy : So no one has been able to find the Pygmy in the game. it is belived that we (the player) are decendets of the Pygmy. other people have said about him/her being in the secret area we have not found. but then an idea dawned on me. if there is indeed a Pygmy NPC, what if the Pygmy has been there the whole time and is just invisible like Shiva's Ninja Friend or perhaps completly invisible which would be a perfect example of why we havent found this character. could be in one of those place that is just so hard to get to or has not been discovered how to get to yet. as for
    Artorias the Abysswalker being in the game...im not sure about that at this point.

7) Other Ideas

Patches is the only NPC in the game that is from Demon Souls (which i never had the pleasure of playing). perhaps a secret lies with Patches.

There must be more to the Valley of the Drakes. its such a small area and theres that big inaccessable wall across the bridge where you get the red tearstone ring.

Has anyone ever had max humanity in the top left and in there inventory?

The well in Firelink Shrine has to perfect a setup to jump into it for it not to be special...

The White Seance Ring..if the Darkmoon Seance Ring opens a wall..perhaps this one does too...

These are the Main ideas i have at this point based on my 3days of reading and dreaming about Dark Souls Mysterys. I decided to put my Soul into this too, so that everyones "Despair Ahead" wont be invain. All of my Ideas i attained by all of everyones efforts in solving the games mysterys as well as what i have experience so far. I thank EVERYONE who has contributed to this thread and i plan to help contribute to the secrets of Dark Souls and to this Thread.

P.S. i plan to friend you on live GlyphBlade Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 5 945058907
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 am

I was planning to kindle all the bonfires to the max, but started another toon. Maybe next time I play I'll keep kindling. I chose the Pendant as my starting gift, and thats my third playthrough with that toon and found nothing new. I too have killed Gwyndolin before even getting the Lordvessel and that chest was empty.
    I have tried the white seance ring in most statues and none opens up. I have suggested using sunlight spear, fire tempest, toxic/poison mist/gravelord greatsword and white dragon breath against the dragon. I cant test it because my 2 toons are faith builds. One player suggested using the nine boss souls next to the 9 urns.
    I dont think you could find the Pygmy in the game, as Kaathe tells you that youre his descendant. Acidic_Cook says that the Pygmy is the God of War, and people say that the God of War is Solaire. I think the Pygmy is long dead and we are his descendants so that one day we can become the Dark Lord with the Power of the Dark Soul.
    My SL181 toon is Darkmoon Blade+2 so when I get to +3 I'll check out that chest for ya. The developers said that some secret would not appear after NG+. I hope they were not mentioning finding Kaathe before ringing any of the bells. I have spoken to Kaathe and he only says that I should go to Anor Londo first to get the Lordvessel, then he will tell me all the truth. I think the Pendant has a secret and someday we will find it.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:38 pm

yea, i forgot about what acid said ><. it is very possible that is accurate. Thx for Checking the Darkmoon Chest. after i finish my playthrew imma start a new game and char to test my pendent/WoW theory.

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 5 3207319737
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 pm

I have tested Darkmoon +3 and as soon as I enter to battle Gwyndolin I get expulsed from the covrnant. The chest was empty. :/
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:52 pm

that sux your covenent got ganked Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 5 1330857165 . thank you Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 5 945058907 for trying...although that chest still bothers me. perhaps there is a way to get in there without fighting gwyndolin lol! . i also read on the wiki that out of the 10 starting classes the knight and cleric both start in the way of white. none of the other classes start in a convenant. cant decide if i wanna be a knight or a cleric when i do my bon fire / pendent test. my character on my 1st play threw is a SL75 Wanderer. Again, THANKS for trying that man big grin
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:35 pm

I found the cleric pretty swift but it doesnt have armor. The knight is very resilient but very slow. I think you should go with the cleric for your theory just to be sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 27, 2024 8:56 pm