Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Sentiel
Sloth9230
ClassicBlaze
Acarnatia
Seignar
Frank_White
Slarg232
Oh_the_Humanity
Buggy Virus
Serious_Much
al0cer
dragonbeast6
Gawain
ChizFreak
DE5PA1R
TeeHayne
20 posters

Rumor on Location

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Rumor on Location - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumor on Location

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:Rumor on Location - Page 3 Los11

Only that picture does not apply in the case of Anor Londo. You still don't seem to understand that it's surrounded by a large wall 360 degrees around it. Also no matter what way you are looking from, you would see Dukes Archives because it's higher than any of the mountains or other buildings.

Exactly this^^

Those building arn't only in front of AL. They stretch out all around AL so from the angle in the trailer you would not only beable to see building all around the main city, you would as Frank White posted see the Dukes towering over everything.
    You really need to accept the fact that the city in the DkS2 trailer is NOT in any way Lordran or any part of Lordran.

You would think the proof of this fact that I showed you would make you see this.
    But if quoted words from the creators cant change your mind nothing will.
    Denial is a powerful thing.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Anor Londo is not completely surrounded by a wall. Look in the top right of the pic. There is a mountain.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 pm

The game will take place near a cove, that is all.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:Anor Londo is not completely surrounded by a wall. Look in the top right of the pic. There is a mountain.

Look very closely at the picture.
    There IS a wall. Its the wall next to sens fortress you see when fighting the Iron Golem.
    The wall is mostly mountains, not all mountains.

Rumor on Location - Page 3 AL2
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Is there anyone else reading this hoping that the trailer depicts anor londo in the distant future or past after/before major geological events and construction or destruction? lol ... developers: "it's technically not Lordran... it's New Lordran!" lol!

Also, I want to be the first one to mention Ariamis in this thread. I've seen Youtube vids speculating Ariamis may be involved. I agree, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the painted world of ariamis. The painting is in Anor Londo and if there's a painting of this place it stands to reason that it's an actual place (within the context of the game, of course). I make that distinction, because everyone keeps saying the "painted world of Ariamis", but I'm curious about Ariamis itself. I think it'd be cool if the game were set in Ariamis and we found out the significance of this world. Why is there a ginormous painting of it that has it's own elite group of guards prominently and proudly displayed in anor londo facing a statue of gwynevere? Look at all the action, trinkets, nuance and lore in the painting... could you imagine the actual world?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Who cares if Lordan makes an appearance? This thread is about where the game will take place, not about what countries you can see in the far off distance.

Most of the game will take place on a cove by the ocean, I assume this will have something to do with the possibility of ocean travel.

Here's a link http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/12513/article/dark-souls-2-details-surface-locations-game-mechanics-enemies/
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Is there anyone else reading this hoping that the trailer depicts anor londo in the distant future or past after/before major geological events and construction or destruction? lol ... developers: "it's technically not Lordran... it's New Lordran!" lol!

Also, I want to be the first one to mention Ariamis in this thread. I've seen Youtube vids speculating Ariamis may be involved. I agree, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the painted world of ariamis. The painting is in Anor Londo and if there's a painting of this place it stands to reason that it's an actual place (within the context of the game, of course). I make that distinction, because everyone keeps saying the "painted world of Ariamis", but I'm curious about Ariamis itself. I think it'd be cool if the game were set in Ariamis and we found out the significance of this world. Why is there a ginormous painting of it that has it's own elite group of guards prominently and proudly displayed in anor londo facing a statue of gwynevere? Look at all the action, trinkets, nuance and lore in the painting... could you imagine the actual world?

Thats a great idea!
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Who cares if Lordan makes an appearance? This thread is about where the game will take place, not about what countries you can see in the far off distance.

Most of the game will take place on a cove by the ocean, I assume this will have something to do with the possibility of ocean travel.

Here's a link http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/12513/article/dark-souls-2-details-surface-locations-game-mechanics-enemies/

Your absolutely right.
    I'm done trying to prove my point.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I think Ariamis is a person not a place. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/painting-guardian-hood based on the wording, I think Ariamis is the person who made the painting that the chosen undead enters the Painted World through.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I think Ariamis is a person not a place. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/painting-guardian-hood based on the wording, I think Ariamis is the person who made the painting that the chosen undead enters the Painted World through.

Your right. Priscilla's dialogue confirms it.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Most of the game will take place on a cove by the ocean, I assume this will have something to do with the possibility of ocean travel.

I'm not sure we can trust that source 100%. It seems like it's just hand-me-down information from the Edge interview that mentioned a seaside/cove environment. I've seen a lot going around recently. Still, pretty sweet to think about considering the loneliness/sadness themes.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Most of the game will take place on a cove by the ocean, I assume this will have something to do with the possibility of ocean travel.

I'm not sure we can trust that source 100%. It seems like it's just hand-me-down information from the Edge interview that mentioned a seaside/cove environment. I've seen a lot going around recently. Still, pretty sweet to think about considering the loneliness/sadness themes.

I agree^^

IMO the "seaside" part of DkS2 will just be an area like Ash Lake but bigger. Or perhaps the ocean will be apart of most if not all of the new game areas. Will have to wait for more info. I can't wait!
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Concept art reminds me a bit of the area below the Nexus from DeS.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:Anor Londo is not completely surrounded by a wall. Look in the top right of the pic. There is a mountain.

The wall surrounds that mountain jesus christ. That mountain is the hill on top of which Dukes Archives is, and the WALL GOES AROUND IT.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Frank_White wrote:

The wall surrounds that mountain jesus christ. That mountain is the hill on top of which Dukes Archives is, and the WALL GOES AROUND IT.

No.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 am

Acarnatia wrote:I think Ariamis is a person not a place. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/painting-guardian-hood based on the wording, I think Ariamis is the person who made the painting that the chosen undead enters the Painted World through.

You're very right. lol! Look Skyward :oops:

Just fought Priscilla a while ago... thought oops...

oh, well... Mr. Ariamis had to have some inspiration, right?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Is there anyone else reading this hoping that the trailer depicts anor londo in the distant future or past after/before major geological events and construction or destruction? lol ... developers: "it's technically not Lordran... it's New Lordran!" lol!

Thats a great idea!

Thank you, sir!... at least it would have been a good idea, right? I still wanna know more about that painting. It must have been pretty important (I mean that is one BIIIIG painting) and probably based on someplace. It's not out of the realm it could be involved somehow... I can hope!

edit: can't hope either... just remembered the trailer :evil:
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:

Thats a great idea!

Thank you, sir!... at least it would have been a good idea, right? I still wanna know more about that painting. It must have been pretty important (I mean that is one BIIIIG painting) and probably based on someplace. It's not out of the realm it could be involved somehow... I can hope!

edit: can't hope either... just remembered the trailer :evil:

I have a feeling that they will at least use that concept of an area inside of an object like an item of some sort or something like they did with the painting and The Painted World.
    But if I walk into a new area in DkS2 and see a giant painting of the painting guardian room I will crack the biggest smile big grin
    But for that to make sense, The Painted World would have to be in DkS2.
    Or at least the bridge does. Maybe a part of DkS2 is on the other side of that bridge?
    I can't ****ing wait for this game!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:30 am

I can't look at the painted world without thinking of Super Mario 64 silly
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:33 am

Sloth9230 wrote:I can't look at the painted world without thinking of Super Mario 64 silly

Ha! ha! ha!
    Awesome!
    lol!
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:

No.

Yes. The wall does go around the entirety of Anor Londo, including the mountain on top of which Seath lives. I'm starting to think your observation skills are quite lacking, have you considered migrating to the Call of Duty series? Might suit you better.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Rumor on Location - Page 3 AL2
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Ok.
    After blowing up that picture, I can see what despair is talking about.
    What I thought was a wall, is just shadow.
    Take a look.
    Rumor on Location - Page 3 Dark_souls_303453
    There is absolutely no wall seen from this view.
    The mountain is so steep that there is no worry of invaders taking over the city via the mountain range.

and...
    Rumor on Location - Page 3 Jpeg

Unless the wall goes behind the mountain, there is no wall in that spot.
    So I was wrong.
    Despair, you were right, sorry bro.
    Another thing. The first pic from the intro, IMO is not an exact representation of the in game AL. what you see in game, doesn't exactly fit with the opening scene.
    If it were the same. AL would be sooo much larger that it is. Yes I know we cant explore all of iit, but there is only one cathedral or main building. So IMO based on what I've seen in game over and over again. The intro AL and the in game AL are completely different in size and layout.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:26 pm

this debate and oh the humanity's sig reminds me of this:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:43 pm

The tallest thing there(not the tower) appears to be the castle, only we're seeing it from the back. Assuming the map is accurate... we explored less than 10% percent of Lordran.

Edit: Actually... screw it. That whole thing is wrong no matter how I look at it. That mountain is to big too be where Dukes is. Everything is wrong. They probably made the cutscene first and then designed the levels later.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:17 am